03-23-2017 12:27 PM
137 ... 456
tools
    15047 is hanging on my 950 XL too. Why is this happening? Even if I use the DRT or soft reset, when I try to download, it hangs for hours every time
    03-04-2017 04:58 AM
    15047 is hanging on my 950 XL too. Why is this happening? Even if I use the DRT or soft reset, when I try to download, it hangs for hours every time
    Have you microSD card ? - remove it, restart and then try again ...
    03-04-2017 05:00 AM
    No, I don't have one. I've tried using the DRT to go back to an earlier build, soft/hard resetting.. Several times for this build and 15043
    03-04-2017 05:20 AM
    No, I don't have one. I've tried using the DRT to go back to an earlier build, soft/hard resetting.. Several times for this build and 15043
    Did you try to use WDRT to install an original build and updated (latest) firmware ? - did you try without SIM ?
    03-04-2017 05:23 AM
    Have tried the WDRT about 5 times now. Not without my SIM though. I'll try that next, it just jumped from 42% after several hours to 78% but still hanging. No idea why this has happened for both of the most recent builds after never having issues before
    03-04-2017 05:26 AM
    Did you try to use WDRT to install an original build and updated (latest) firmware ? - did you try without SIM ?
    Removed my SIM, used the WDRT to go back to an older build.. Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half... I'd give up but like with 15043, my battery will keep draining trying to download the update. FRUSTRATING.
    03-04-2017 09:37 AM
    Removed my SIM, used the WDRT to go back to an older build.. Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half... I'd give up but like with 15043, my battery will keep draining trying to download the update. FRUSTRATING.
    It sounds that you have a connection problem, not a problem with a phone. You wrote: "Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half..."
    03-04-2017 09:49 AM
    It sounds that you have a connection problem, not a problem with a phone. You wrote: "Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half..."
    that is if that thing is actually telling the truth, I bet if you check your router the phone is not doing anything and your network is fine, otherwise it would be clear and painful to have a device sucking down all of your wifi capacity for HOURS

it is common nowadays for loading animations to not be directly representative of what is really happening, a process could be stuck at the "downloading" phase from a UI perspective but in reality be stuck because of a local I/O issue like onboard storage being maxed out by some buggy code and hence the download being "stuck"
    Chippy757 likes this.
    03-05-2017 02:28 AM
    Should be downloading 15047 by now anyways, as it has been out since noon Friday.
    03-05-2017 08:52 AM
    that is if that thing is actually telling the truth, I bet if you check your router the phone is not doing anything and your network is fine, otherwise it would be clear and painful to have a device sucking down all of your wifi capacity for HOURS

it is common nowadays for loading animations to not be directly representative of what is really happening, a process could be stuck at the "downloading" phase from a UI perspective but in reality be stuck because of a local I/O issue like onboard storage being maxed out by some buggy code and hence the download being "stuck"
    Tried everything possible, it was definitely trying to download - but stuck. I ended up using tE WDRT (again) and switching to the Release Preview ring. I'm too nervous to switch to Fast or Slow in case I get stuck with the same issue all over again.
    03-05-2017 10:05 AM

Yeah it definitely was sucking the life out of my home/work WiFi. My home WiFi went from good to awful through the whole ordeal
    03-05-2017 10:10 AM
    No problem with my 950xl
    03-23-2017 12:27 PM
137 ... 456