Windows 10 Mobile build 15043 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, 32GB, 16GB SD card
Battery drain has been higher than normal since update. Every time I look, it is either OneDrive, Cortana or Outlook Mail and Calendar with most of it in the background. I have carefully configured the apps on the phone (including those) to not do anything in the background. Mail is checked manually.

Every time I tried to change the foreground/background selection for those apps in the battery monitor, the settings app would either freeze altogether or become unresponsive for a very long time.

This is precisely the stuff I have gotten tired of dealing with build after build while all they seem to do is add frufru features (and bugs) so I am in the process of reverting to the production build. I'll try again if the next insider build looks promising but if I am going to use this phone as my daily driver (ie., if I am going to actually use it instead of leave it on the coffee table and use my Nexus 5X) it needs to be STABLE. I keep banging my head against the wall because I actually like the concept of Windows and the 950.

Paul

BTW, I truly despise the new look for the forum. With a passion. SO MUCH WASTED SPACE AND HUGE TYPEFACES.

Last edited:

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 950. Had to do two soft resets to get past the MS splash screens. Everything seems OK except my power button has lost most of its functionality. It does not reliably blank the screen (I have to use double tap on the nav bar) and I have to launch the camera to wake up the phone, the power button does not.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
After a day I had to revert the L535 back with the WDRT. There is a serious bug and randomly the phone is not waking up from locked screen with the power button. Didn't resolve either after a hard reset. Only solution was forced reboot or taking out the battery. First time in 35 years I couldn't make a machine work with a software :).

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm enjoying more and more this new build.

It finally feels like WP8.1 in terms of speed.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I have got a pretty decent battery life in this build as well.

I had only to restore a couple of apps to their original states (a welcome new feature) so I got everything running as they should.

The auto focus on my camera was kind of broken on low light on RS1. Now it seems to be fixed.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had a lock screen be unresponsive, I had to press power to turn it off then press again to wake and the screen would then respond to upwards swipe. Not a deal breaker for me.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
My alarm didn't go off this morning. First time on any insider build that I've ever had an issue with Alarms and Clock (that wasn't user error). Oddly, when I changed the alarm time to a few minutes ahead to test it after I awoke, it worked fine. Of course, that's the worst case - now I don't know if I can trust the alarm or not!

The main other issue I'm seeing is intermittent problems in Edge - websites not opening, unable to close the app by backing out (nothing happens when I press the back button). Feedback left on FBH

950XL DS

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I've just faced my first problem today after connecting the phone to the wall charger. The phone suddenly rebooted and then got stuck on the Microsoft logo screen. I could not get it back to its normal state until I removed the battery. The soft reset did not work.

This was the first reboot I've faced so far on this build.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My experience has been good, even battery was good today (it was not during the first days). Edge has been working well and no problems with favorites. However, I have been using Momentum browser too and it seems that it often give me better and bigger fonts, so it is more readable one. Screen casting has been good, except with LG TV. Continuum is OK, but a wireless display adapter APP is not working well (unuseful now). Switching between Continuum and Screen Casting is rubbish, it should be an easy job, but it is not - it can hang and need a restart before you can do it. About alarm, I am using realarm and it is working well. Camera and Photos are OK, but maybe still little unstable ones. Mail, Calendar, Groove, Maps, FM Radio are just OK. Whatsapp is OK (except yesterday, maybe a server problem yesterday). Facebook and Messenger are still the same, super slow to open (MS and Facebook should fix them asap.)

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I installed today on my Main phone, HP Elite X3 US. I first installed my firmware update, then installed the new build. I did do a reset and restore. So far the only thing I've noticed is it seems to take awhile for Bluetooth items to be discovered to pair. Once they do they work perfectly. Cortana is fully functional again. Paired my car and had no problem using her to read and send texts. Battery life is the best I've seen yet.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
QNcLQmj.jpg

Most I've seen app updates in one shot, including the store.

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I installed today on my Main phone, HP Elite X3 US. I first installed my firmware update, then installed the new build. I did do a reset and restore. So far the only thing I've noticed is it seems to take awhile for Bluetooth items to be discovered to pair. Once they do they work perfectly. Cortana is fully functional again. Paired my car and had no problem using her to read and send texts. Battery life is the best I've seen yet.

Been using my 950 DS, this is day three. Cortana will announce a text but when I respond it stops. Battery was in high 40's after 12 hours so its still an improvement. I wish the battery would at least maintain while using continuum, both of mine just nose dive and I do have the power cord plugged into the dock.

It's been working good. I think my 950 XL DS is better with regard to battery life, Cortana isn't right on that one either. But I think we're getting closer.......

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Been trying to get this to download on my 950 XL for a couple days now. It keeps hanging during download and not progressing past certain percentages for hours and hours. I've tried the Device Recovery Tool twice, tried resetting the phone, restarting etc etc... Same problem. Just won't download

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, 32GB, ATT, 8GB SD card
Strong cell signal and very strong WiFi

Several days ago I tried this build, got tired of some small issues and reverted to the release build. Then I decided to try it again since everyone else was reporting such good experiences.

Nope. There is something seriously wrong with OneDrive on this build. I have my phone set so that nothing synchs in the background. The one exception to that is OneDrive, which is allowed to sync photos (if there are any new ones).

Overnight (on WiFi) the battery dropped a good 20% and according to the battery stats, OneDrive accounted for 92% of that. That is NOT normal, but it was the same the last time I had this build installed. It was also the same after a full factory reset. I will send feedback and then use my Nexus 5X as my daily driver.

OOPS..... when I tried to send feedback from the OneDrive app, it froze the phone and required a battery pull to restore operation. That is not acceptable so it is back to the coffee table and I'll use my Nexus 5X as my daily driver until the next build drops.

Paul

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Another Edge issue for me. For any website with a contact form that has drop-down menus, you can tap the drop-down to see the options but you cannot tap any of them.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Been using my 950 DS, this is day three. Cortana will announce a text but when I respond it stops. Battery was in high 40's after 12 hours so its still an improvement. I wish the battery would at least maintain while using continuum, both of mine just nose dive and I do have the power cord plugged into the dock.

It's been working good. I think my 950 XL DS is better with regard to battery life, Cortana isn't right on that one either. But I think we're getting closer.......

Interesting. I am not seeing that behavior in this build. I did in the last one but now everything is working great except what I noted above. I have also had one instance of my SD card disappearing but a reboot fixed that. Battery life continues to be amazingly good!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had 3 instances now where the phone thinks I've removed the SD card. Rebooting restores it. Anyone else experience this? HP Elite X3 US.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Whew new outlook...

yiq7R33.jpg

Or is it new?

Also no issues with OneDrive..

zPrqO1s.jpg

Screen shot image went up there

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had 3 instances now where the phone thinks I've removed the SD card. Rebooting restores it. Anyone else experience this? HP Elite X3 US.
Yes, Lumia 950 XL DS after soft reset -> asking to repair it and inform that fixed it (probably just unsafe release of SD card by soft reset). It does it every time after soft reset (I tried few times).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb