Windows 10 Mobile build 15047 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I updated from build 15043, Lumia 950.

I had my phone on charge while updating and the only issue I encountered was after I selected "restart now" to install the update; the phone was then apparently stuck on the 'Goodbye' screen for a good few minutes.

As soon as I disconnected the charger from the USB port, the phone rebooted straight away. It could have been coincidence, but I'm not so sure 🤔.

When the cogs appeared on screen upon the reboot I connected the charger again and everything went smoothly 🙂.

I had over 50% battery anyway, but I like to keep any device that is updating connected to a power socket, just in case something happens during an update which causes sudden battery drain!

Sent from mTalk

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950XL Dual-Sim Unlocked (AT&T)

Upgrade went smoothly, no issues. Apps updated overnight as well.

So, far it is running better than any release in the last few months.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have just updated to this. Haven't had chance to try it out properly yet. I hope the headphone socket works still on my 950XL. Others here have reported it not working.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Put my 950 XL back in production, going to update my 950 and see how it goes. Had a messaging fault in 14043, one multi-recipient thread crashes the app. Odd. Took 30 minutes or so...

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
One bug I noticed...seems like turning off built in apps, like the People app, battery saver freezes

Idol 4s

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Having Edge problems on this build. Websites will not load seemingly at random. Little blue bar at the bottom will get to about 90% across and then it gets stuck (with the screen blank). Reloading does nothing. If I force-close Edge, the site will load normally after I re-open Edge. Will leave feedback.

950XL DS

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I like this build so far. Wallet works.

I may have missed this before but I left my 950 on Continuum while LOCO music app was scanning my mSD card. The screen went to sleep....I would move the mouse and it would come back on. It happened three times, then it stayed on. The scan stopped every time so the reason I used continuum is because I have never had it go to sleep mode before. I have walked away using Continuum before but that has never happened. Is it a new feature?

My device reboots when disconnecting from the dock, that seems new....

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have left feedback for not being able to share web page in Edge. lumia 650. I still haven't had time to see if text over Bluetooth headset works.

Sharing works fine after a few tries.

E7JlXts.jpg

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed that some of the menus in settings take 5 seconds or so to open and freezing screen until it opens.
On last build it was one particular menu that would occasionally freeze the whole phone when trying to move sliders but cannot remember which one it was now...
Overall very good and smooth build, still some delay opening and switching apps on the 950XL.

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Having Edge problems on this build. Websites will not load seemingly at random. Little blue bar at the bottom will get to about 90% across and then it gets stuck (with the screen blank). Reloading does nothing. If I force-close Edge, the site will load normally after I re-open Edge. Will leave feedback.

950XL DS

I guess it's an old bug. I have it since the last production build as well.

It seems that cleaning the cache and other browser settings helps getting rid of the issue.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have been seeing abnormal OneDrive battery consumption in standby on this build as well as the previous one so I sent feedback. I was surprised to get an Email back from the OneDrive team asking for more details. This is a first, I thought. So I sent as much data as I could.

Here is the next Email I got from the OneDrive team:

Hi There,

In response to your concern we would like to inform you that we are from OneDrive team and unfortunately we do not have expertise regarding the issue you are facing on your Windows Phone. Therefore we request you to visit this link for further support.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp-support

Regards,
OneDrive Team

Oh well..... and in case you are wondering, yes I clearly indicated that I was reporitng a problem, not asking for help.

Paul

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No problems here. Edge, Groove, etc. working well. Wi-Fi is better than before (network signals seems to be stronger - I have experienced that with Lumia 950 XL and Lumia 650). Switching between Continuum (wireless) and wireless display is OK now (with build 15047). Wireless display (screen casting) is working well, even for avi movies and for local TV app. (tested with LG and Samsung TV as well as MS Wireless Display Adapter). Continuum needs still some fine tuning (oversized in TV, wireless display adapter app is not working properly). Anyway, I like this 15047 build :)

About Camera app, a flash should work with forced HDR (HDR On), but it does not :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss