Windows 10 Mobile build 15051 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
From Microsoft...

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We appreciate several of you sending us feedback on this and last week, we focused on fixing issues that resulted in frequent reboots for some Insiders on Build 15047. If you continue to experience unexpected reboots, be sure to send in feedback to us via Feedback Hub so the team can take a look!
  • We fixed an issue resulting in certain inbox apps, such as Calculator, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, Groove Music, no longer being present on the system after a hard reset.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Groove Music not resuming playback after ending a phone call if the app became suspended during the call.
  • We fixed an issue where periodically attaching larger photos to a message in Messaging wouldn’t work.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights where, in certain apps, if you had selected editable text and pressed Shift on the keyboard, the keyboard would crash.
  • We fixed an issue impacting certain UWP apps using pivots, such as the News app, where the pivot control could end up becoming offset after quickly swiping through the pivots.
  • We fixed an issue where asking Cortana to read a text message over Bluetooth with many back to back emoji would result in high pitched distorted noise.
  • We fixed an issue where after upgrading some Insiders were unexpectedly seeing the full QWERTY keyboard on the lock screen instead of the pin pad.

Known issues for Mobile

• We have discovered a bug that causes background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Please double check your photos have synced to OneDrive on the latest builds. We’ve got a fix for this issue coming in an upcoming build where background tasks will run again and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive as expected.
  • If your device experiences an unexpected reboot, in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost. We’re actively investigating this issue. If you believe you’ve hit this, please up-vote this feedback item In Feedback Hub.
  • Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15051, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this fixes the issue where Cortana would just turn off and not read incoming text messages after asking "read it or ignore"... downloading now.... if this doesn't fix it, might have to revert back to release preview. :crying:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Seems to have a headphone jack issue on my idol not recognizing a headphone is plugged in sometimes just like the last build. I just did a hard reset to see if it will work

Edit: After hard resetting my headphone jack works just like on the previous build

Sent from Idol 4s

Last edited:

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this fixes the issue where Cortana would just turn off and not read incoming text messages after asking "read it or ignore"... downloading now.... if this doesn't fix it, might have to revert back to release preview. :crying:

Yesterday Cortana started to handle texts correctly, but I mostly have experienced that issue too. I did an in-place upgrade last evening so today we will see how 15051 runs.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Problems so far in my lumia 950 dual:
1)mobile hot spot sometimes needs soft reset to work.Also in previous builds
2)when i enter the notifications and actions page, the page cant be scrolled immediately but after 2-3 seconds
3)lock screen icons of some apps are missing(only the number is displayed, for example battery).In glance screen they appear normally.Also in previous builds

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This build seems stable enough on my 950XL. What is interesting, to me at least, is that this is one of the first builds I have installed that does not immediately make the phone warm to the touch and drain the battery. This can only be a good thing. The slight issue I had with unlocking the phone, it failed to display the pin lock upon waking up the first time. I had to put the phone to sleep and wake it again and the passcode lock keypad appeared.

nikosxrl, your second point, I had that in the last build too and I raised the issue with MS in the Feedback Hub.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well I started fresh with 15047 and updated to 15051. No issues yet do far. Not a single reboot.

Will use it through the day and see..

Sent from mTalk

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
No issues with rebooting on this build... so far; nor last build, ever. But, today during my run:

> Groove (over BT) skipped constantly for the first two songs, then settled in. (same issue with last build)
> I had to do a Power ON/OFF cycle to get my running app (Track Runner) to track properly. (ongoing hit and miss occurance)
> Cortana (over BT, while running) responded to my "hey Cortana, send a text to Kim" correctly, and asked what I wanted to text...BUT, upon my reply, came back with "something went wrong, try again later" - this happened once last night, and twice today.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No issues with rebooting on this build... so far; nor last build, ever. But, today during my run:

> Groove (over BT) skipped constantly for the first two songs, then settled in. (same issue with last build)
> I had to do a Power ON/OFF cycle to get my running app (Track Runner) to track properly. (ongoing hit and miss occurance)
> Cortana (over BT, while running) responded to my "hey Cortana, send a text to Kim" correctly, and asked what I wanted to text...BUT, upon my reply, came back with "something went wrong, try again later" - this happened once last night, and twice today.
Did you have to reset your phone on the last build to fix groove? Or was it actually working? Mine wouldn't load up ever on my 950.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Did you have to reset your phone on the last build to fix groove? Or was it actually working? Mine wouldn't load up ever on my 950.

xrs22,

on the last build (15048), same issue straight out of the gate, skipped for a while, then settled in and seemed to play just fine. Of recent, this conduct of skipping, is only in the beginning of my listening pleasure:), but on earlier builds the skipping (and for longer periods of time) seemed to some times, go on forever:(

Lately, I have been having better luck with doing a power ON/OFF cycle, as opposed to the 'soft reboot', to put things back to proper working order:). Also, I have never had the desire to a phone reset, therefore, have never done so:)... knock on wood!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99