03-21-2017 06:30 PM
79 1234
tools
    The store bug is real, as announced. No more app updates, but you can still install new apps. I believe the next "fix" version will come soon, so that bug will not last for long.
    No bug for me

Sent from Idol 4s
    03-15-2017 09:51 AM
    Well, I think I will sit this build out, in case I have Store problems. Per Dona Sarkar tweet, they are trying to get a new build out later this week. I'll grab that one, I think (assuming there's one for mobile).

03-15-2017 11:25 AM
    I am sick and tired of people coming on here making blanket statements about a new build that does not apply to everyone.

Even worse is when they do not list their device in the post.

We need moderators who kick these type of posters out so real testers can participate without the hysteria and emotion from the uneducated boobs.

Lumia 950XL DS Unlocked (AT&T) running 15055 without issues so far.
    03-15-2017 02:33 PM
    Had my 950XL power down on me today during a run, had to do 2 laps with no music :(
    03-15-2017 02:46 PM

Even worse is when they do not list their device in the post.
    OR, if a poster doesn't want to repeatedly list the device, that they are experiencing an issue with, they could, and should, make sure that their bio (accessible by clicking on their Avatar) has it listed...it could help us, help them...hopefully?
    03-15-2017 03:01 PM
    No bug for me

http://i.imgur.com/xORRXOC.jpg

Sent from Idol 4s
    I had these updates too, some of them updated just fine and some of them joined the "Error, see details" list, which now consists of Store, Feedback hub, OneNote and Outlook Mail&Calendar
    03-16-2017 12:38 AM
    I had these updates too, some of them updated just fine and some of them joined the "Error, see details" list, which now consists of Store, Feedback hub, OneNote and Outlook Mail&Calendar
    That's odd mines updated with no problems

Sent from Idol 4s
    03-16-2017 04:36 AM
    Talking about stores,did any of you ever experience a store bug?like when you tap install it stuck saying "starting download"?or is it my phones hardware?and some(most of them) apps cannot be tap on the home or search results,I am using windows10m anniversary build.
    03-16-2017 05:36 AM
    Talking about stores,did any of you ever experience a store bug?like when you tap install it stuck saying "starting download"?or is it my phones hardware?and some(most of them) apps cannot be tap on the home or search results,I am using windows10m anniversary build.
    You're in the wrong thread this is for the fast ring, but I've never had that problem on the production or fast ring

Sent from Idol 4s
    03-16-2017 08:29 AM
    GroupMe failing to install (build 15055, Lumia 950 XL DS), so there is some problem with Store of the latest Insider build.
    03-16-2017 02:12 PM
    In my 950 mail and calendar and store updates cannot install
    03-16-2017 02:59 PM
    In my 950 mail and calendar and store updates cannot install
    Have you the latest insider build 15055 ?
    03-16-2017 04:00 PM
    Have you the latest insider build 15055 ?
    Yes, no hard reset though.
    Xbox word pp excell onenote wind maps updates installed as it should
    03-16-2017 04:10 PM
    Why is pc gettin all these updates this week but not Mobile ? They just got another one today no mobile

Sent from Idol 4s
    03-16-2017 05:11 PM
    Why is pc gettin all these updates this week but not Mobile ? They just got another one today no mobile

Sent from Idol 4s
    I'm downloading the update on my SP3...now:)
    03-16-2017 05:23 PM

Sent from Idol 4s
    deadlines getting closer, so they dont have free time to work on mobile
    03-16-2017 08:38 PM
    Had some reboots on 15051 on my L950 DS, none on 15055.
    03-18-2017 12:14 AM
    Mobile hotspot works fine in this build in 950.
    In previous builds and in 14393 most of the times I had to reboot the phone.
    03-18-2017 05:55 AM
    Mobile hotspot works fine in this build in 950.
    In previous builds and in 14393 most of the times I had to reboot the phone.
    lol same thing from 10586 to 14393, after a while it broke again and had to reboot again, after .67 I think, this time I will update to whatever build we get on release day and stay there until RS3 unless there's something broken
    03-19-2017 11:30 PM
    Since I got my 950 I haven't "formatted" it, have you guys found any improvement in doing so? Just wonder if its worth it, also if it will just sync my previous settings and make it bad

Also on slow ring and still on fast ring I get stuck at "Loading..." in

Phonly, Mobilepay, Telegram, and Spotify

When its that many apps I presume its a bug in WM10 and not in all those apps that suddenly cant start
    Last edited by Mech0z; 03-20-2017 at 03:44 AM.
    03-20-2017 02:32 AM
    Since I got my 950 I haven't "formatted" it, have you guys found any improvement in doing so? Just wonder if its worth it, also if it will just sync my previous settings and make it bad

Also on slow ring and still on fast ring I get stuck at "Loading..." in

Phonly, Mobilepay, Telegram, and Spotify

When its that many apps I presume its a bug in WM10 and not in all those apps that suddenly cant start
    I think the answer to your first question is also the answer to your problem ;)

I would invest the time in a hard reset first. If that does not resolve it, then use the WDR tool to put it back to the current production build and re-join Insider and update afterwards as desired.

Both the hard reset and the WDR recovery will wipe all data, so be prepared. Your texts, phone history and some of your settings will re-sync but any files you have stored on the phone itself will be deleted. You will lose all Emails that are not still on the server. I store all my photos in the cloud and all my music is on the SD card (which is not erased during a reset unless you tell it to do so) so a reset for me is a fairly painless process if you make a backup first or make sure there is an automatically generated one. Note that I have found lately that restoring from older backups finishes with an error ("some of your settings have not been restored") and it does not always restore my start screen layout.

A hard reset (AKA factory data reset) is relatively fast although it takes a while to update all the apps. Using the WDR tool takes longer because it leaves the phone on an older non-current build that then has to update to the current released build as well as update all your apps. THEN if you re-join insider it will update a third time. That whole process can take upwards of an hour or so if you are there during the process to answer prompts. Longer if you are not there to answer prompts.

My advice would be to try the hard reset first and if that doesn't resolve it, use the WDR tool and leave it at the released build until the NEXT insider build arrives (this week, hopefully). The store in 15055 is dysfunctional and I would not bother with it. Not that I expect the next build to be much better... the bugs have been getting more serious with each new build. I get the distinct feeling we are on a sinking ship.

Paul
    Last edited by pgoelz; 03-20-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: clarity
    mtf1380 and nikosxri like this.
    03-20-2017 06:51 AM
    I think the answer to your first question is also the answer to your problem ;)

I would invest the time in a hard reset first. If that does not resolve it, then use the WDR tool to put it back to the current production build and re-join Insider and update afterwards as desired.

Both the hard reset and the WDR recovery will wipe all data, so be prepared. Your texts, phone history and some of your settings will re-sync but any files you have stored on the phone itself will be deleted. You will lose all Emails that are not still on the server. I store all my photos in the cloud and all my music is on the SD card (which is not erased during a reset unless you tell it to do so) so a reset for me is a fairly painless process if you make a backup first or make sure there is an automatically generated one. Note that I have found lately that restoring from older backups finishes with an error ("some of your settings have not been restored") and it does not always restore my start screen layout.

A hard reset (AKA factory data reset) is relatively fast although it takes a while to update all the apps. Using the WDR tool takes longer because it leaves the phone on an older non-current build that then has to update to the current released build as well as update all your apps. THEN if you re-join insider it will update a third time. That whole process can take upwards of an hour or so if you are there during the process to answer prompts. Longer if you are not there to answer prompts.

My advice would be to try the hard reset first and if that doesn't resolve it, use the WDR tool and leave it at the released build until the NEXT insider build arrives (this week, hopefully). The store in 15055 is dysfunctional and I would not bother with it. Not that I expect the next build to be much better... the bugs have been getting more serious with each new build. I get the distinct feeling we are on a sinking ship.

Paul
    Paul, GREAT post! good detailed info...wish I was as eloquent:)
    03-20-2017 07:48 AM
    I wdr on 15047 when it came out as it gave me reboots no end, happy that I did as I am not experiencing ANY of the above issues since. Oh I also did not restore, as I started from scratch.
    03-20-2017 12:27 PM
    Is your sunlight readability working properly with this build 15055 ?

Just to check that your setting is ON, go Settings - Extras - Colour Profile
    03-20-2017 01:58 PM
    Is your sunlight readability working properly with this build 15055 ?

Just to check that your setting is ON, go Settings - Extras - Colour Profile
    if it dimms in darker room, yes it works, not enough sun at the moment here to test lol
    03-20-2017 03:51 PM
79 1234