05-10-2017 12:01 PM
302 12345 ...
tools
    In Edge, I had trouble with the Keyboard failing to pop up and stay out (in LinkedIn, no less).

Also have had one crash and restart for no apparent reason.

Other than that, it's working fine.
    03-22-2017 09:09 AM
    Cortana is not connecting to the Internet, for me?
    03-22-2017 09:28 AM
    Just checked all my devices at hand (950XL [build 15063], Surface Pro 3 [build 15063], Desktop [build 14393.953], Surface Book [build 14393.953]), and all say the same thing when trying to use Cortana; "sorry I can't connect to the Internet right now":(
    03-22-2017 09:38 AM
    Just checked all my devices at hand (950XL [build 15063], Surface Pro 3 [build 15063], Desktop [build 14393.953], Surface Book [build 14393.953]), and all say the same thing when trying to use Cortana; "sorry I can't connect to the Internet right now":(
    Having the same problem when trying to ask Cortana to send a text. It doesn't matter if I am on LTE with good signal or in the wifi zone inside my house. I get the "sorry, I'm fine but my Internet connection is funky. Check back later." Yet, Cortana will pull up the daily events and news for me?! I do not understand. Is this also related to the MS services issue from yesterday?
    [edit] HTC One M8 on build 15063.
    03-22-2017 11:48 AM
    Black screen of death after unlocking the device is still present on this build. Not as frequent as before but I already had 2 in 24 hours. The phone works at the background but screen remains black and needs rebooting the phone to work again. I think microsoft should give a little more attention in mobile this close to the official release. Device is Lumia 535 and its not a hardware issue or a faulty installation.
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    03-22-2017 02:00 PM
    This build is actually killing me. After updating yesterday I got the BSOD and had to use the WDRT to reflash the phone and spent all day doing updates and trying to get it something like it was beforehand. All was well until this morning and I tried to reset an app I was having trouble with. After that the phone wouldn't launch built in apps like Camera, Edge, Photos, Phone, People etc etc and Third Party apps worked fine. Strangely the Settings app still functioned so had to do a hard reset and spend half of today doing the same as yesterday. It's so painful!

Say what you like about iPhones but I can go buy another right now or do a hard reset on one and restore from a back up in less than an hour and everything will be exactly as it was before. Just a few passwords to enter and that's it. Windows phones you need to keep screenshots in OneDrive of your Start screens just to try and replicate the way you had it before any hard resets etc
    buffalosolja likes this.
    03-22-2017 02:18 PM
    This build is actually killing me. After updating yesterday I got the BSOD and had to use the WDRT to reflash the phone and spent all day doing updates and trying to get it something like it was beforehand. All was well until this morning and I tried to reset an app I was having trouble with. After that the phone wouldn't launch built in apps like Camera, Edge, Photos, Phone, People etc etc and Third Party apps worked fine. Strangely the Settings app still functioned so had to do a hard reset and spend half of today doing the same as yesterday. It's so painful!

Say what you like about iPhones but I can go buy another right now or do a hard reset on one and restore from a back up in less than an hour and everything will be exactly as it was before. Just a few passwords to enter and that's it. Windows phones you need to keep screenshots in OneDrive of your Start screens just to try and replicate the way you had it before any hard resets etc
    Agreed 100 %, it should be exactly as before, including start screen tiles, after hard reset. MS makes way too often just half job and that's not enough for users.

Anyway, I updated my old Lumia 1520 and Lumia 950 XL DS without any problem, both are working very well. Well, I know that there has been many failed updates too.
    03-22-2017 02:45 PM

If you use a back up file from a recent fast build you will get your screen tiles back 90% of the times, at least in my 950.
    You get all the apps (I have 170 aps) even with folders and customized tiles.
    If you synchr settings, then passwords for sites and ie favorites are restored properly
    Apps that participate in back up restore most if not all settings
    You don't get:
    Accounts need to be set again, except main Microsoft account.
    NFC settings are by default on
    After a back up restore you need just a quarter of an hour to be set
    dov1978 likes this.
    03-22-2017 03:01 PM
    If you use a back up file from a recent fast build you will get your screen tiles back 90% of the times, at least in my 950.
    If you synchr settings, then passwords for sites and ie favorites are restored properly
    You don't get:
    Yeah I did exactly that. I always force a backup before I install a new software update just in case. All my apps downloaded again and most of my settings upon restore but even after just leaving the phone to complete it and download everything the Start Screen layout was untouched and I had to move everything across manually from the app drawer and resize and move the apps that were already on the Start Screen. Plus re-add any WebApp tiles or transparent tiles for apps I have.

Pretty annoying especially as when you go to make a backup, the first things it mentions it will do is "back up settings like my Start Screen Layout". That's a few times I've restored this phone from a back up with the same result. Thinking back I'm pretty sure now that I once restored my Lumia 435 work phone and it restored the Start Screen properly
    03-22-2017 03:19 PM
    Yeah I did exactly that. I always force a backup before I install a new software update just in case. All my apps downloaded again and most of my settings upon restore but even after just leaving the phone to complete it and download everything the Start Screen layout was untouched and I had to move everything across manually from the app drawer and resize and move the apps that were already on the Start Screen. Plus re-add any WebApp tiles or transparent tiles for apps I have.
    Likewise.
    dov1978 likes this.
    03-22-2017 03:22 PM
    Either this build or my Hard reset and restore has made a huge difference in my Lumia 950. I was having non-stop issues with apps not working, wi-fi failure, etc. Now it is much faster and is seemingly working much better than ever. Even my lock screen is actually working now. Fixed a couple of apps that would not update including the store. Got me excited about the mobile again....somewhat. :)
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    03-22-2017 03:29 PM
    Thinking back I'm pretty sure now that I once restored my Lumia 435 work phone and it restored the Start Screen properly
    Yes, I have the same memory from the past. It was OK once, a long time ago
    dov1978 likes this.
    03-22-2017 03:42 PM
    I went through with a hard reset (no restore) and finally things are settling a bit. It had me worried for a while as the device started freezing while I was working through all the privacy settings, and resuming from lock screen/sleep was a bit delayed at times. I find it hard to complain with some of the issues others here are having.
    03-22-2017 03:47 PM
    'Connect' on my 950XL is failing to launch:(
    03-22-2017 04:01 PM
    Yes, I have the same memory from the past. It was OK once, a long time ago
    The opposite happens to me.
    I had a bad screen layout restore a month ago.
    The last three builds I had a complete screen layout restore.
    Odd
    03-22-2017 04:05 PM
    'Connect' on my 950XL is failing to launch:(
    No problem here (Lumia 950 XL DS), try to restart your phone.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    03-22-2017 04:07 PM
    I'm also getting black screen lockups requiring a forced reboot. Elite X3.
    quek9 likes this.
    03-22-2017 04:12 PM
    No problem here (Lumia 950 XL DS), try to restart your phone.
    No joy, still crashes...
    03-22-2017 04:24 PM
    You don't get:
    170 apps??!!??

LOL! I counted mine, excluding the stock apps and I usually rock 15 HA!

I feel like such an amateur

Edit: I had a very good experience today with my 950 XL, no troubles at all, Cortana properly handled all my texts over Bluetooth, made a couple calls, streamed audio from Groove 6 - 7 hours, and properly connected to my GM vehicle all with 40 % battery left after 12 hours. All in all a good day for Windows Mobile and my 15 apps
    mtf1380 likes this.
    03-22-2017 05:23 PM
    My Bluetooth availability is gone as well. I cannot re-pair my phone to my car system. Settings-Devices-Bluetooth just flashes and closes again. SIGH. I guess I could factory reset or just wait for the next build.
    Had same problem. Hard resetting now. Hope it fixes this Bluetooth problem. 950 xl DS
    03-22-2017 06:05 PM
    Couple issues
    Text messaging I can no longer send or receive pictures, APN is set up properly
    Keyboard not popping up frequently inside edge
    03-22-2017 06:43 PM
    Hi All -

With today's update, I can no longer pair a Bluetooth device. If I start from my SP3, I can find my 950xl and a screen shows a number on the SP3. On the 950xl side, a flash happens and you cannot confirm the code. If you start from the 950XL side, you do not get to the second screen asking for Bluetooth, wireless, etc.
    On my Icon, I was able to pair both my Fitbit charge 2 and Garmin Fenix 3HR. I have not been able to pair my Band 2, or any other bluetooth device (that pairs through the normal process - Both the Fitbit and Garmin pair through their own apps). Attempting to pair anything through the BT page in settings just flashes and goes back. Same with the Band 2 in the Band app. You select the Band and it flashes and goes right back. Seems like every other build manages to break Bluetooth in some way. They fix it, and then the next build breaks it.

On the plus side, other than that, this build seems to be working quite well. Hoping for a new build that fixes BT soon!
    03-23-2017 09:16 AM
    Had same problem. Hard resetting now. Hope it fixes this Bluetooth problem. 950 xl DS
    Did the reset solve the BT problem? I'm having the same issue with my Icon.
    Joe920 likes this.
    03-23-2017 09:18 AM
    Can't pair new devices either on the last 2 builds. 950xl
    03-23-2017 10:25 AM
    i got 2 thing to say about this build:
    1- im seeing loading... resuming... alot more. specially on silverlight apps, for example the new telegram preview app. (of course i compare it to the last RS1 build i got on Production ring)
    2- this is weird, vpn is still broken. im not an expert but i heard they call it dns leaking. on wifi, only some of apps send traffic over vpn, and some never does (for example facebook app never sends data over vpn). on cellular, NO app sends traffic over VPN, actually you connect it, it successfully connects but no redirection happens. traffic completely ignores vpn and send and receives bare data from provider. it is there for almost as long as windows 10 is out. (Days of threshold 1) and no body mentions it or acknowledges it. sometimes i think its criminal or something to mention this obvious problem.
    03-23-2017 10:32 AM
302 12345 ...