Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
stuck on red screen with the 2 arrows that make that square for about...all damn day. I got everything ready to go if it ever recognizes my phone. just turns off and right to the red screen of eternity and doesn't brink of the small microsoft logo on initial start up. I'm damn stumped and my phone is at 98% as I looked up my microsoft account to see if I could do anything to help me there.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm still missing texts from feb 22nd thru march 13. I've ran every fast build, never turned off sync, and only noticed because I picked up an elite x3 and it only restored to the 22nd of feb. hoping that all his issue was, but man I'm getting tired of the SMS sync issues.

Dainis Jonitis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The "Add Bluetooth or other device" button does nothing again (crashes?). Lumia 950 can pair with previously added devices, but adding new one does not work. The devices settings pages fail in so many ways. Just go to "NFC", change "Tap to share" and then press on gear at the page header (and not usual back button). Now go to Devices/NFC again. Instead of opening page you will get "Loading../Resuming.." and page crash.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The "Add Bluetooth or other device" button does nothing again (crashes?). Lumia 950 can pair with previously added devices, but adding new one does not work. The devices settings pages fail in so many ways. Just go to "NFC", change "Tap to share" and then press on gear at the page header (and not usual back button). Now go to Devices/NFC again. Instead of opening page you will get "Loading../Resuming.." and page crash.
Have u tried a hard reset? I've seen that has fixed the issue on some phones

Sent from Idol 4s

Dainis Jonitis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
No, I have not tried hard reset (and not planning to). But since there were BT related changes in 15063 (for certain car BT systems) and adding devices was fixed after 15031 disaster and I am almost sure it worked in 15055, I assume this is yet another regression in recent code.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm still missing texts from feb 22nd thru march 13. I've ran every fast build, never turned off sync, and only noticed because I picked up an elite x3 and it only restored to the 22nd of feb. hoping that all his issue was, but man I'm getting tired of the SMS sync issues.

I had the same issue and the missing texts loaded last evening.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
950XL, DS, US:

Strange thing happen about an hour or so ago, I received a phone call via my landline, which is set to forward all calls to my 950XL; the landline rung one time before the call was re-directed to the 950XL, that rang a half a ring and them immediately went into convulsions :O (vibrating, and some kind a continuous electrical audio noise, like an alarm of some sort), had to do a soft reset to shut it up! after the soft reset, all seems to be well:) I don't know what caused it, I guess it could be any number of things...but, I will keep it on my radar.

I haven't seen this issue on the current build, but it HAS happened to me on past Fast Ring builds. Basically, the phone freezes and, if it happens to be vibrating and/or sounding a tone at that moment, it will continue doing so until reset. My guess is that the "continuous electrical audio noise" you heard was one note of your ring tone playing continuously.

I had this happen to me once in a public washroom when my hands were, um, otherwise engaged. Quite embarrassing...

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had this " continuous electrical audio noise " in previous builds 2 or 3 times, in one or two of them i could answer the c all.
I have lumia 950 with no bluetooth problems.
Mobile hotspot is working better but in 10% of cases phone restart is needed.
Back up process takes toooo long to finish in last 3 builds.
I had also one random reboot yesterday while the phone was locked.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
In Edge, I had trouble with the Keyboard failing to pop up and stay out (in LinkedIn, no less).

Also have had one crash and restart for no apparent reason.

Other than that, it's working fine.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Just checked all my devices at hand (950XL [build 15063], Surface Pro 3 [build 15063], Desktop [build 14393.953], Surface Book [build 14393.953]), and all say the same thing when trying to use Cortana; "sorry I can't connect to the Internet right now":(

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Just checked all my devices at hand (950XL [build 15063], Surface Pro 3 [build 15063], Desktop [build 14393.953], Surface Book [build 14393.953]), and all say the same thing when trying to use Cortana; "sorry I can't connect to the Internet right now":(

Having the same problem when trying to ask Cortana to send a text. It doesn't matter if I am on LTE with good signal or in the wifi zone inside my house. I get the "sorry, I'm fine but my Internet connection is funky. Check back later." Yet, Cortana will pull up the daily events and news for me?! I do not understand. Is this also related to the MS services issue from yesterday?
[edit] HTC One M8 on build 15063.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Black screen of death after unlocking the device is still present on this build. Not as frequent as before but I already had 2 in 24 hours. The phone works at the background but screen remains black and needs rebooting the phone to work again. I think microsoft should give a little more attention in mobile this close to the official release. Device is Lumia 535 and its not a hardware issue or a faulty installation.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This build is actually killing me. After updating yesterday I got the BSOD and had to use the WDRT to reflash the phone and spent all day doing updates and trying to get it something like it was beforehand. All was well until this morning and I tried to reset an app I was having trouble with. After that the phone wouldn't launch built in apps like Camera, Edge, Photos, Phone, People etc etc and Third Party apps worked fine. Strangely the Settings app still functioned so had to do a hard reset and spend half of today doing the same as yesterday. It's so painful!

Say what you like about iPhones but I can go buy another right now or do a hard reset on one and restore from a back up in less than an hour and everything will be exactly as it was before. Just a few passwords to enter and that's it. Windows phones you need to keep screenshots in OneDrive of your Start screens just to try and replicate the way you had it before any hard resets etc

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This build is actually killing me. After updating yesterday I got the BSOD and had to use the WDRT to reflash the phone and spent all day doing updates and trying to get it something like it was beforehand. All was well until this morning and I tried to reset an app I was having trouble with. After that the phone wouldn't launch built in apps like Camera, Edge, Photos, Phone, People etc etc and Third Party apps worked fine. Strangely the Settings app still functioned so had to do a hard reset and spend half of today doing the same as yesterday. It's so painful!

Say what you like about iPhones but I can go buy another right now or do a hard reset on one and restore from a back up in less than an hour and everything will be exactly as it was before. Just a few passwords to enter and that's it. Windows phones you need to keep screenshots in OneDrive of your Start screens just to try and replicate the way you had it before any hard resets etc
Agreed 100 %, it should be exactly as before, including start screen tiles, after hard reset. MS makes way too often just half job and that's not enough for users.

Anyway, I updated my old Lumia 1520 and Lumia 950 XL DS without any problem, both are working very well. Well, I know that there has been many failed updates too.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

If you use a back up file from a recent fast build you will get your screen tiles back 90% of the times, at least in my 950.
You get all the apps (I have 170 aps) even with folders and customized tiles.
If you synchr settings, then passwords for sites and ie favorites are restored properly
Apps that participate in back up restore most if not all settings
You don't get:
Accounts need to be set again, except main Microsoft account.
NFC settings are by default on
After a back up restore you need just a quarter of an hour to be set

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you use a back up file from a recent fast build you will get your screen tiles back 90% of the times, at least in my 950.
You get all the apps (I have 170 aps) even with folders and customized tiles.
If you synchr settings, then passwords for sites and ie favorites are restored properly
Apps that participate in back up restore most if not all settings
You don't get:
Accounts need to be set again, except main Microsoft account.
NFC settings are by default on
After a back up restore you need just a quarter of an hour to be set

Yeah I did exactly that. I always force a backup before I install a new software update just in case. All my apps downloaded again and most of my settings upon restore but even after just leaving the phone to complete it and download everything the Start Screen layout was untouched and I had to move everything across manually from the app drawer and resize and move the apps that were already on the Start Screen. Plus re-add any WebApp tiles or transparent tiles for apps I have.

Pretty annoying especially as when you go to make a backup, the first things it mentions it will do is "back up settings like my Start Screen Layout". That's a few times I've restored this phone from a back up with the same result. Thinking back I'm pretty sure now that I once restored my Lumia 435 work phone and it restored the Start Screen properly

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did exactly that. I always force a backup before I install a new software update just in case. All my apps downloaded again and most of my settings upon restore but even after just leaving the phone to complete it and download everything the Start Screen layout was untouched and I had to move everything across manually from the app drawer and resize and move the apps that were already on the Start Screen. Plus re-add any WebApp tiles or transparent tiles for apps I have.

Likewise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers