Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Cast to device on film and tv app not working
and while in flight mode calls are coming . On lumia 535 fix this ASAP

Do you observe any flickering on maps app also? I ve got this problem on my 535 and hard reset is not fixing it. Redstone 2 is a nightmare on my phone. Lots of problems. Never had any problems before redstone 2.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you observe any flickering on maps app also? I ve got this problem on my 535 and hard reset is not fixing it. Redstone 2 is a nightmare on my phone. Lots of problems. Never had any problems before redstone 2.

No, I did not experience any flickering, as I just tested it. Maps work well by screen casting and Continuum (wireless) - can change easily too from/to screen casting and Continuum.

I have been testing screen casting and Continuum (wireless) with LG TV, Samsung TV and with MS Wireless Screen Adapter. All is OK now (tested with Lumia 950 XL DS). Of course, just an improperly working Miracast in your TV or other device might cause the such flickering.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I mean flickering inside the app, here is a quick video I took with the bugs

the flickering can be seen at the right side of the phone when I move the map.

At the lock screen there is a second bug, when unlocking the phone for a fraction of a second the screen shows the image of the app and then the lock screen image. Eventually it will crash and just show a black screen.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL DS on AT&T
I had not done a hard reset since joining Insider Previews since previously all had worked ok. With this build, my Bluetooth was wonky at best. Groove would quit playing. I couldn't pair my car's radio. The connection to my Fitbit Charge 2 was hit and miss, too.

I took the leap and did a hard reset.

My Start menu came back and programs have all redownloaded and installed.

Bluetooth works as it should, now. Fitbit isn't fully tested, but it's in beta anyway and issues are to be expected.

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
is this build stable to install at my 640DS phone? I am in release ring (latest build) now!
How is battery life?
And it worths to install it only for the smoothness that it provides?
Thanks!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
is this build stable to install at my 640DS phone? I am in release ring (latest build) now!
How is battery life?
Thanks!

cant tell a difference on 830, so we can assume a 640 wont benefit either, 930 seems way faster though

wait for more feedback from 640 owners if you want to try 10563 before its official

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
This has been a good build for me on 950 and on 950 XL. Battery is so so, Continuum can get weird on 950, but the XL seems to do better.

I have not found anything that does not work....yea!

I usually encounter glitches where the audio won't play upon getting in the vehicle, if I play it from the phone it works, but not the vehicles display. So far it is flawless :)

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
This is the first Windows Phone/Windows Mobile build SINCE MY OLD LUMIA 1020 that actually works flawlessly with my car's stereo!

I had three different VW models since the Lumia 1020 (and two different phones, namely a 930 and a now a 950), all with the same stereo model (VW's RCD 510). All this time I always had the problem of getting the phone connected but no info whatsoever on the HU's display. With that, I also had no ability to control the media player through the car's controls.

The solution was either to restart the phone or to turn the ignition off, remove the key and start the engine again.

I've been on 15063 for a week now and, for THE FIRST TIME IN 4 YEARS ON WINDOWS PHONE, I have a perfectly fine bluetooth connection between my phone and my car.

I thought I would not live to see that!

I guess this is approaching a very good and stable state for WM10 and it feels like a perfect time for MS to place a last bet on mobile.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Automatic app updates are definitely broken on this build. It is on my 930 anyway. I've just completed a reset to see if that solves it but it still doesn't find any updates. Anyone else seeing this?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
This is the first Windows Phone/Windows Mobile build SINCE MY OLD LUMIA 1020 that actually works flawlessly with my car's stereo!

I had three different VW models since the Lumia 1020 (and two different phones, namely a 930 and a now a 950), all with the same stereo model (VW's RCD 510). All this time I always had the problem of getting the phone connected but no info whatsoever on the HU's display. With that, I also had no ability to control the media player through the car's controls.

The solution was either to restart the phone or to turn the ignition off, remove the key and start the engine again.

I've been on 15063 for a week now and, for THE FIRST TIME IN 4 YEARS ON WINDOWS PHONE, I have a perfectly fine bluetooth connection between my phone and my car.

I thought I would not live to see that!

I guess this is approaching a very good and stable state for WM10 and it feels like a perfect time for MS to place a last bet on mobile.

Don't ever let it update LOL!

Seriously, I have always had control issues, the phone would always connect, but I usually have a Bluetooth headset connected, before entering my vehicle, I turn off the headset. When I get in the vehicle, I expect to be able to continue listening to the audio I was listening to through my headset. A lot of times I must use the phone to select "play" - now the vehicle controls work......

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My 950XL is not getting detected when plug into my computer when plug in via USB-C; doesn't show up in 'File Explorer', nor 'Phone Companion'... any suggestions?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My 950XL is not getting detected when plug into my computer when plug in via USB-C; doesn't show up in 'File Explorer', nor 'Phone Companion'... any suggestions?

1. Try to restart both, phone and computer. It might fix it.

2. If not, check your "Device Management" and try to update a driver (look an enclosed pic).

3. Install WDRT for your computer (it will reinstall drivers for your computer).

snipaste20170327_174933.jpg.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with "Advanced Info" app not updating in the Store? I get error code 0x80073CF9. All other apps update just fine. I just did a Hard Reset and prefer not to do that again to fix this issue.

It's a shame that this is the ONLY thing not quite right about this build.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with "Advanced Info" app not updating in the Store? I get error code 0x80073CF9. All other apps update just fine. I just did a Hard Reset and prefer not to do that again to fix this issue.

It's a shame that this is the ONLY thing not quite right about this build.

Did you try to uninstall it and then install it again ?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
How is battery life?
Thanks!

This is been the best release so far on my 640. The Facebook app still sucks and Edge constantly reloads some pages, but other than that most everything else has been pretty smooth.

I can't really speak to the battery life because I keep mine plugged in anytime I can. But I haven't noticed any problem.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
1. Try to restart both, phone and computer. It might fix it.

2. If not, check your "Device Management" and try to update a driver (look an enclosed pic).

3. Install WDRT for your computer (it will reinstall drivers for your computer).

Jaripi, Thank you for your reply.

So,
> Did a restart (both PC & Phone)
> Check Device Manager, had an error message regarding the driver, tried to update the driver..no joy.
> Opened WDRT (already installed on Computer), and received an Error message.
> Uninstalled WDRT form computer, then Re-Installed. This time it recognized my 950XL see below:

WDRT picture.png

Questions:
> should I 'Reinstall software' from the WDRT page?
> will this put me back to build 10586?
> what data will I loose?

Also, checked 'Device Management' again, and received the following:

Phone driver update picture.jpg

Follow-up Questions:

So,
> Best to do a HARD Re-start?
> Or, best to use WDRT, and 'Reinstall Software'?
> please keep in mind, I don't want to loose any phone data:)

Thanks again!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
If you use a back up file from a recent fast build you will get your screen tiles back 90% of the times, at least in my 950.
You get all the apps (I have 170 aps) even with folders and customized tiles.
If you synchr settings, then passwords for sites and ie favorites are restored properly
Apps that participate in back up restore most if not all settings
You don't get:
Accounts need to be set again, except main Microsoft account.
NFC settings are by default on
After a back up restore you need just a quarter of an hour to be set

nikosxri,

Would you be so kind as to chime in on my Post #139 , and enlighten me as to what precautions you did to minimize your work load, on the other end.

Most interested in saving:

Messaging history
Contact info
3rd Party App Data
myself some time:)

Thank you for any heads up you can provide...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786