Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
nikosxri,

Would you be so kind as to chime in on my Post #139 , and enlighten me as to what precautions you did to minimize your work load, on the other end.

Most interested in saving:

Messaging history
Contact info
3rd Party App Data
myself some time:)

Thank you for any heads up you can provide...:)

For the problem with file explorer and your phone check this.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...soft-wpd/9f900903-50d8-4935-939d-5dbf8d6bd1d0

For your question... no precautions at all.
My lumia 950 can hold 170 apps and more with minimal or NO difference in speed or fluency of the device.
And this is an advantage of win 10!!
My screen layout has those 170 apps in tiles and tiles subfolders with no resuming at all!!
I dont know which phone you have but if it has same or better spec dont worry at all...

Last edited:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
mtf1380 - try to restart the both devices once again.

I think that a problem is with your Computer, so I am not sure can you fix it with hard reset of your phone. How about updating your computer to the latest insider build 15063 ? (it is great one, I am using it)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
mtf1380 - try to restart the both devices once again.

I think that a problem is with your Computer, so I am not sure can you fix it with hard reset of your phone. How about updating your computer to the latest insider build 15063 ? (it is great one, I am using it)

Jaripi, I must be cautious with my Desktop, I absolutely, positively, need as little interference on it as possible:) I do have 15063 on my Surface Pro 3, and Surface Book. I did try the phone on the Surface book and all was well, so maybe the desktop will cooperate soon. Thanks!!!!! again for your help:) - Cheers

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Jaripi, I must be cautious with my Desktop, I absolutely, positively, need as little interference on it as possible:) I do have 15063 on my Surface Pro 3, and Surface Book. I did try the phone on the Surface book and all was well, so maybe the desktop will cooperate soon. Thanks!!!!! again for your help:) - Cheers

One option is system restore of your desktop computer, if you can remember when it was working before. Then you chose a restore point before that day. It is still there, you can find system restore from control panel - System - System Protection ...

Other option is to try to uninstall device (your phone) from your desktop computer (through Device Manager). There should be an option to remove drivers on the same time (tick a box). Then I suggest restart and after restart, you will use your phone again with your desktop computer and your computer will find it again and will install drivers for it again.

Andreja Dodov

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Im not shure is this a new but:
Selecting text while typing and pressing [arrow up] (shift key) will change sentence case of the selected text! I was amized today accidently finding this feature!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
For the problem with file explorer and your phone check this.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...soft-wpd/9f900903-50d8-4935-939d-5dbf8d6bd1d0

For your question... no precautions at all.
My lumia 950 can hold 170 apps and more with minimal or NO difference in speed or fluency of the device.
And this is an advantage of win 10!!
My screen layout has those 170 apps in tiles and tiles subfolders with no resuming at all!!
I dont know which phone you have but if it has same or better spec dont worry at all...

BINGO!!! that was it, I had to do the workaround, AND figure how to be able to 'safely remove the device', but all is well....Thanks for the TIP:)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
One option is system restore of your desktop computer, if you can remember when it was working before. Then you chose a restore point before that day. It is still there, you can find system restore from control panel - System - System Protection ...

Jaripi, thank you for all your tips and help, Mike

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Im having problem with this build that my Lumia 950 keeps ringing every few seconds while on charge. This just started today. Soft reset won't even fix it.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Groove updated don't know when, I cannot remember if I used it over the weekend, now its a little hard on the battery again.......was using 50% +- was down to 25%+- today :straight: both after 12 hours....... and of course they changed the layout

Still working pretty good though.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have tried 15063 on a 640XL and a 1020 with good results, so I decided to go ahead on my 950XL. It is now stuck at 15051 and steadfastly refuses to upgrade further with 0x8024800a.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Advanced Info is a system app and I cannot reset or uninstall it.
Just ignore it, it will fix itself soon.

TWO SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH 15063:

- Bluetooth connectivity is bad, as already mentioned several times here...
- Edge won't show keyboard on some input fields, including those on Microsoft pages, which is ridiculous

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I've had that keyboard problem where it doesn't pop up sometimes on my 1520. It's widely reported on the Feedback Hub, so I'm hopeful they fix it promptly.

Also, sometimes in Edge, I click on a link and nothing happens.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
This morning:

Checked a stock which was pinned to start screen. "-1%" it said. Clicked on it to open MS Money. "+1%" it said.

Tile did not update again. They don't get it right. It will be beta forever. Even such easy things like tile updates. Useless.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I hate to be negative as I know I am a beta tester here, but... This is the worst fast ring build for my 650 since joining fast ring in December 2016. Contrary to what win central says it is not fluid on my 650. I am having all sorts of known issues in Edge that have not had before! Many apps are not functioning properly, Cortana is hit or miss now regardless of using Bluetooth headset or not. I have never hard reset yet, but I fear I may have too . I gave left much feedback.

Please Microsoft, give me back the news app from 8.1 and calendar app from 8.1. In 8.1 calendar had tasks, and gave location from being in address field.
Sorry for rant, been user since win ce handheld pc in 1996.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
This morning:

Checked a stock which was pinned to start screen. "-1%" it said. Clicked on it to open MS Money. "+1%" it said.

Tile did not update again. They don't get it right. It will be beta forever. Even such easy things like tile updates. Useless.

That with the tiles is a mystery to me. Whenever I code a test app and run it on my phone the tile always works as expected. So there is no bug on the OS side. Yet on Microsoft apps such as News and Money, half the time the tiles are stuck. I can't figure out how they manage to achieve this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99