Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have tried 15063 on a 640XL and a 1020 with good results, so I decided to go ahead on my 950XL. It is now stuck at 15051 and steadfastly refuses to upgrade further with 0x8024800a.
Use WDRT, then upgrade to last Release Preview build, then switch to Fast Ring and go with 15051, then 15063.

Sent from mTalk

LennH

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting a notification to check out Gestures to know more but it leads to nothing when I select it. Has anyone else encountered this?

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I keep getting a notification to check out Gestures to know more but it leads to nothing when I select it. Has anyone else encountered this?

Yes together with a mesage about something called messenger+ every time I restart my phone. It seems to have disappeared after the second hard reset. I will test it until tomorrow and report back.

PS if anyone else has the blank screen after unlock bug, try setting automatic brightness to off. I am not sure but I think this solved to the great extent my problems.

Last edited:

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Didn't use Groove today, instead I used Loco Music, I have 40% battery.......I wish they improve Groove.

No lock ups, glitches, resets, etc. for me today, smooth sailing :cool:

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
If this is RTM we are f'ed. I have been comparing side by side w iPhone 6, and ios10 simply blows away w10m. It's not even close. Like comparing high school football to the NFL. W10M is so pitiful they should fire that whole team and jump to straight W10. Market share is only at .01% anyway, so starting anew will only p*ss off like 7 people.

Sent from mTalk

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Apparently, it only includes ONE fix.... to allow updating directly from the Anniversary build. Sigh. Installing now, but not expecting much.

Paul

I am hopeful that I will get 'Connect' to launch after update....it will be the first thing I check:)

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else noticed the drastic reduction in traffic on the MS Insider site lately? I fear people are abandoning the Windows Mobile Insider program in droves.... if there were droves of us to begin with, that is.

Paul

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else noticed the drastic reduction in traffic on the MS Insider site lately? I fear people are abandoning the Windows Mobile Insider program in droves.... if there were droves of us to begin with, that is.

Paul

Can you blame them? MS doesn't allocate enough resources to mobile. Bugs reported 4 months ago are present today. If they don't get serious to hire a team of experienced programmers to deal with bug fixing alone things will deteriorate further. Some bugs are so obvious that any one using the phone as a primary device will spot them after 5 minutes.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Can you blame them? MS doesn't allocate enough resources to mobile. Bugs reported 4 months ago are present today. If they don't get serious to hire a team of experienced programmers to deal with bug fixing alone things will deteriorate further. Some bugs are so obvious that any one using the phone as a primary device will spot them after 5 minutes.
It's a disaster. Dona and her crew are clearly the B Team. Surface is a cash cow and where the real talent is. Pitiful OS, old hardware, 0% of market share is close. Oh and the Samsung S8 comes out today and iPhone 8 in 5 months.
Later MS.

Sent from mTalk

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It's a disaster. Dona and her crew are clearly the B Team.

I couldn't say it more politely :smile:

These days, a new update of iOS came to iPhones and iPads. It came with a completely new file system. A horror for every developer, extremely error prone. Normally you would reformat your disk and install from backups.

Not on iOS. Completely smooth incremental install, no formatting, no loss of any data. Finished in 20 minutes. This is genius.

And now compare with W10M, where live tiles still don't work as they should.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
No, I am afraid it would cause me further problems (never done it before), and I don't really have any time to allocate...something would suffer:(

I was kind of waiting for the Official release to do a reset...maybe:)

I'll cross my fingers that a restore from WDRT will resolve your issues. I feel for the folks that have issues. Unfortunately I believe many of the lingering issues that folks report to "not have been fixed" linger from previous insider builds. The fixes implemented by MS don't resolve the issue if you already have it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb