Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
15063.2 is a huge battery suck for me. I could make it through the work day with 40-50% battery left on Production and original 15063, now I am less than 10% at the end of the work day. It just seems that all apps are using more battery.

I also have bluetooth crackling when opening other apps and listening to audio over bluetooth.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
15063.2 is a huge battery suck for me. I could make it through the work day with 40-50% battery left on Production and original 15063, now I am less than 10% at the end of the work day. It just seems that all apps are using more battery.

I also have bluetooth crackling when opening other apps and listening to audio over bluetooth.
I have same problem. If this is RTM, I'm done and heading to Apple. .this is ridiculous

Sent from mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I've only had it for one day but no difference in battery life for me, still good. Alcatel Idol 4s.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Nitish_KSharma

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I updated today. My phone had been acting very weird for 15 days now but this update actually calmed things down on my phone. No battery issue. In fact I think it has improved a bit. Although I would be able to say clearly after some more usage but nothing noticeable so far.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have to give credit where it's due. I have a Roku streaming stick and I have NEVER been able to use Continuum with it using my 950XL DS. In fact, even mirroring my screen was a hit-and-miss proposition, to the extent that I basically gave up on it.

Tonight, out of nowhere, I decided to try it and it immediately began to play the Continuum welcome video. I felt like I had won the lottery. Pretty cool to use it perfectly after a year of it never working.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
When I used WDRT awhile back, I was surprised how snappy my 950XL DS felt on the production build. Of course, I eventually succumbed to the siren song of the Fast Ring again..

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Should I leave the SD card in, or remove it?

Whenever I have done a WDRT I have removed the sd card and the SIM card FWIW. I usually use one of my other phones while updating so I am not rushed to finish it all.

If you do it that way, I always stop all app updates and check for build updates. You will restore to 10386 or something old like that. Once it hits the new one, I let the apps update and recheck for updates before I do anything with it.

I suppose if you are going fast ring you wouldn't need to let the apps update, that makes it all a long process, you could turn on insider and update your apps once you reach your target build, or I could be way out in left field LOL, that's just how I do it seeing as the apps always update after a reflash.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
If there were yet any doubts on MS lack of investment in WM......

Samsung Galaxy S8 getting Microsoft custom version - Business Insider Deutschland

It's common knowledge that MS apps work way better in Android and iOS than in WM.....

Not in my experience.

I have two phones now because of my job and I was thinking of doing a dual sim Hemroid and loaded them to make the transition less painful and they simply are not better on either.

It has been a few months, but if I remember correctly I couldn't run audio with Cortana, or initiate a voice to text without unlocking the screen.

Outlook as Kerry2112 said was surely not better.

I ended up having to carry n iPhone which I have used for a month now and I run one app and one e-mail account and use the phone. I dislike it a lot. If the app ran on W10M I would use my 950 for sure, just not experimental builds.

Layout and flow of the OS either appeals to you or not. Every aspect of my W10M system is working correctly, I have only one complaint: Groove consumes battery. MS apps work great as far as I am concerned on W10M.

But that's my opinion, to each his own.

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I use Android, iOS and W10M
Skype is a good example.......sometimes I just have black screens in Skype when accessing stored conversations...never knew why and I still don't!
Never got this in iOS and Android.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I have done a WDRT I have removed the sd card and the SIM card FWIW. I usually use one of my other phones while updating so I am not rushed to finish it all.

If you do it that way, I always stop all app updates and check for build updates. You will restore to 10386 or something old like that. Once it hits the new one, I let the apps update and recheck for updates before I do anything with it.

I suppose if you are going fast ring you wouldn't need to let the apps update, that makes it all a long process, you could turn on insider and update your apps once you reach your target build, or I could be way out in left field LOL, that's just how I do it seeing as the apps always update after a reflash.

Mark,

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it:)

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss