Unable to download update to fast ring!

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! I'm in need of some guidence. So I have a Lumia 950 & was on fast ring 15051 & was experiencing tons of minor issues. Listening to the podcast I decided to do a fresh reinstall. Now I seem to be screwed. Upon reinstalling Ill re-enrolled into the insider preview. This put me on 14393.67 which i believe is release preview (i selected fast ring). Problem is now when attempting to download the update to 15051 it constantly stop downloading at 96-98% and it drains my battery faster than a typical charger (only solution is to use fast charge). I have tried letting it update for 24 hrs & reflashing it twice. Same issue. Any advice?

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have similar issue on my hacked ATIV S for a while. I was on 14977 and everything is fine then I got bootloop in 15007 so I rollback and hacked again then stuck at 14393.67 as well. No matter what Lumia model I hacked as it just can't go further. Not only the update download is slow and stuck halfway, the app update in store also very slow (hours for few MBs file) yet I have no problem in edge going different websites. Battery drain is also terrible.
I guess there are some basic problem with this build and according to the attitude of MS, maybe we have to wait till the next release ring build to overcome this issue.

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It just seems really strange because at one point I was likely on that build. & yes I have noticed miniscule app updates sometimes taking longer than 24 hrs (not an embellishment).

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I've finally figured out how to do it! First I'll explain what I was doing then I'll describe the correct way to update because the difference is ridiculously small.

So I was re-flashing, then opting into the fast ring which updated me to 14393.67. This is the build that wont update to 15051.

What we need to do is re-flash & opt in release preview ring. This updates us to 14393.953 which then updated to 15051 & then to 15063.

Stupid I know. Why Microsoft has the fast ring entering you into an earlier & un-upgradable build is beyond me. But lets be honest no one here is surprised in the least ;)

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
OK, so I've finally figured out how to do it! First I'll explain what I was doing then I'll describe the correct way to update because the difference is ridiculously small.

So I was re-flashing, then opting into the fast ring which updated me to 14393.67. This is the build that wont update to 15051.

What we need to do is re-flash & opt in release preview ring. This updates us to 14393.953 which then updated to 15051 & then to 15063.

Stupid I know. Why Microsoft has the fast ring entering you into an earlier & un-upgradable build is beyond me. But lets be honest no one here is surprised in the least ;)

ohhhh yes I also notice that .953 update downloading to my phone in fast ring yet after reboot it never patched onto the OS then got stuck. I'll try it today and hopefully it can solve the slow download and battery drain at least which I really need a spare phone in the coming business trip next month, my beloved ATIV S really have nice battery life and I missed that a lot.

Thanks mate, will coming back and report if it works :)

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

Thanks mate, it works!

Its good to see my aged device still rocking in the newest build!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes