Windows 10 Mobile build 15204 Discussion (Redstone 3; Fast Ring)

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Brandon from Microsoft clarified this in twitter today

I don't think this is a proper rs3 build, I think ms are again pulling a windows 7.5 here for current handsets, the proper rs3 build will be windows 10 on arm for phones, not windows mobile 10.

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The lastest cumulative Creator build was horrible for me (terrible battery life, endless random reboots - especially when battery is low). So I decided to take a risk and updated to this build. It's been working pretty smoothly for me.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Brandon from Microsoft clarified this in twitter today

and you need to read between the lines here, ms are very deceptive with their words regarding windows 10 mobile, why would he use the word "assume" that covers his *** because this is not an rs3 build, its a CU release 2 build.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
03Wmztx.jpg

New store layout..

Sent from mTalk on a 950XL

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
For me, the initial experience after upgrading to 15204 and doing a FDR was TERRIBLE HORRIBLE OVERNIGHT STANDBY DRAIN. I went to bed with it fully charged and the next morning it was around 20%. The battery stats said 77% of the drain was "settings" with all of that in the background. I assume "settings" is a euphemism for (or at least includes) system processes? If not, what would settings be doing in the background?

I have rebooted and am charging. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Paul

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
For me, the initial experience after upgrading to 15204 and doing a FDR was TERRIBLE HORRIBLE OVERNIGHT STANDBY DRAIN. I went to bed with it fully charged and the next morning it was around 20%. The battery stats said 77% of the drain was "settings" with all of that in the background. I assume "settings" is a euphemism for (or at least includes) system processes? If not, what would settings be doing in the background?

Paul

I think you're right. Hopefully it settles down and battery life improves.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Paul
No such experience here. I can think that it has tried to download some apps on background unsuccessfully (there is always some background redownloads after update, some you can not see in store app). Idle memory consumption is still less than 0,5 %/hour, so I lose less than 4 % during 8 hours night (unless there is too many background jobs to be done) ...

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it may indeed have settled down after rebooting and charging. When I got up this morning to find the battery nearly dead, the phone was cool to the touch but not cold like it is now.

I have seen 0.5%/hour in standby many times in the past but has never been consistent. Lets see how this build fares.

Paul

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi all -

Running on my 950Xl - the only issue I have had on the last two builds is regarding Maps. When using a Bluetooth connection with headphones, maps reads me my directions. When I connect to Sync Bluetooth in my 2012 Ford Escape, maps cuts into the playback, but no sound comes out. I have not found is there is a setting to adjust this. Bluetooth audio is working fine for phone calls and playing music on Groove.

Randy

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Outlook Calendar Live Tile is dead. Have to add an event to revive it. Then it eventually dies again. First time I've had this issue for quite a while.

950XL DS

Last edited:

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Outlook Calendar Live Tile is dead. Have to add an event to revive it. Then it eventually dies again. First time I've had this issue for quite a while.

950XL DS

Has worked for me the recent weeks. But it seems, live tiles are the most difficult engineering problem ever. At least for Microsoft.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Has worked for me the recent weeks. But it seems, live tiles are the most difficult engineering problem ever. At least for Microsoft.

You know, it occurs to me that I don't think I have one single live tile on my Start screen that works perfectly. They all either do not work as designed (for example Facebook, Facebook Messenger) or intermittently stop working altogether (for example Store, Outlook Calendar).

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why, but I have still not gotten the 15204 update for my Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL. Still on 1703 15063.138 and every time I check for updates it says non are available. Any ideas? And I'm on the Insider Fast ring, always have been on this phone.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why, but I have still not gotten the 15204 update for my Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL. Still on 1703 15063.138 and every time I check for updates it says non are available. Any ideas? And I'm on the Insider Fast ring, always have been on this phone.
It should be available for your phone. Well, there is a new build 15205 available, so try again :)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

The release notes for new Build 15025 say "We fixed the targeting issue that caused some variants of the Alcatel IDOL 4S to not receive Build 15204 last week. All variants of the Alcatel IDOL 4S should receive Build 15205."

Don't know if that fix will benefit you - hopefully it does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos