Are 8.1 apps still working on Release Preview of creators update?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
8.1 apps no longer work on the fast ring but what about release preview? I'd like to put Creators update on my 1520 but not if it breaks all my 8.1 apps...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
8.1 apps no longer work on the fast ring but what about release preview? I'd like to put Creators update on my 1520 but not if it breaks all my 8.1 apps...

Which apps? My 930 went from 8.1 to Denim, to 10, Anniversary and now Release ring of Creators update. There are quite a few apps installed since day 1, and still work as they should. The only thing I've heard is that if you still have Lumia Camera, it will get uninstalled...

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Which apps? My 930 went from 8.1 to Denim, to 10, Anniversary and now Release ring of Creators update. There are quite a few apps installed since day 1, and still work as they should. The only thing I've heard is that if you still have Lumia Camera, it will get uninstalled...

Apps such as Whatsapp. They all stopped working on the fast ring. I had to roll back to 8.1 using the recovery tool, long story short it was a giant pain in the butt. Whatsapp is VERY important to me. This was not an isolated issue, I've found many comments/posts of people having the same problem.

Now other people have confirmed that Whatsapp and everything else works fine on Release Preview 15063.251, so I updated just now. And indeed everything works fine. I'm happy, though slightly nervous for the future...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234