Windows 10 Mobile build 15215 Discussion (Redstone 3; Fast Ring)

klajdi93

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Guys, please help!!
Is anyone having issues with notifications from the social media apps? Since I updated to the latest version of windows 10, i dont get notifications from whatsapp, viber, facebook, messenger, and not even outlook hotmail. Ive restarted and check at the the notifications menu, and theyre all turned on. It is noticable top that the notification menu is unusually slow. Im using a lumia 650. Please help!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No my facebook notifications still work, and outlook.

I did have a random restart last night while my phone was sitting idle on the charger. I'm in the process of reverting to an old build with WDRT right now. Going to see if the camera issue is still there on older builds. Going to start without restoring from a backup, and see if I update to Creator's Update that way I still have the problem. If I do I will go back to Anniversary, and just wait a little while to get back on Creators. Using iPhone SE in the meantime...

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Haven't noticed any reboot issues on this build. I also don't have notifications on for social media.

Seems okay.

Still no working Starbucks app. At least it won't let me login.

Sent from mTalk

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I did have a random restart last night while my phone was sitting idle on the charger. I'm in the process of reverting to an old build with WDRT right now. Going to see if the camera issue is still there on older builds. Going to start without restoring from a backup, and see if I update to Creator's Update that way I still have the problem. If I do I will go back to Anniversary, and just wait a little while to get back on Creators. Using iPhone SE in the meantime...

Ok so maybe the Build isn't the issue with the camera. It may actually be damaged, but it is odd that this started when I changed 15063 builds. It is suffering from the same issues on both 10586 and 14393 builds during my reset process. I have a spare camera at home. Will try to swap it out and see if that fixes anything. I don't know how to check to see if camera drivers were updated or anything like that.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

@camaroz1985, please let me know what you find out with regards to the camera's performance after you make your conclusions; if you don't mine:)

Cheers!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Will do. See one post above yours though, neither older build improved the performance. I'm going to try to replace the camera and see what happens.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Will do. See one post above yours though, neither older build improved the performance. I'm going to try to replace the camera and see what happens.

I figured it would be the case, as I am not having issues with mine. Camera wise. It gets better with each update through the store.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying it isn't hardware related, but the fact that 3 or 4 of us have the same issue starting at the same point is kind of suspicious.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
What phone are you using?

I refuse to help anyone who does not list their device in their posting.

I am sick of these people who are beta testing, but provide no informaiton other then childish whining about their problems.

We should have a rule to just ignore those posters who do not list the information necessary to diagnost the problem.

15215 installed and is running smoothly on my Lumia 950XL Dual-Sim (Unlocked). I even upgraded to a 200Gb micro-SD card. No issues.

Kevin 1h3

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
950 xl (ds) only heavy "lag" under graphic intense games or apps (Skype).
Otherwise ok, but I did notice some high temps the other day.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
@camaroz1985, please let me know what you find out with regards to the camera's performance after you make your conclusions; if you don't mine:)

Cheers!

It was the camera that was bad. I did notice that if I had the camera app open and looking at the camera it appeared to float around if you moved the phone around. When I took it out of the phone the camera was very loose like something in the OIS broke. It could rattle around easily. Put the other camera in and all is well again. Still find it odd that it broke when I updated to 15063 for the first time. I can understand other things where you wouldn't notice because you don't use them all the time, but the camera is certainly not one of those things. Oh well, working again now, so I am going to hop back onto the fast ring.

So if you are having the same issues maybe your camera is bad too. It is very easy to swap, luckily I had one laying around.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
It was the camera that was bad. I did notice that if I had the camera app open and looking at the camera it appeared to float around if you moved the phone around. When I took it out of the phone the camera was very loose like something in the OIS broke. It could rattle around easily. Put the other camera in and all is well again. Still find it odd that it broke when I updated to 15063 for the first time. I can understand other things where you wouldn't notice because you don't use them all the time, but the camera is certainly not one of those things. Oh well, working again now, so I am going to hop back onto the fast ring.

So if you are having the same issues maybe your camera is bad too. It is very easy to swap, luckily I had one laying around.

Thank you @camaroz1985 for the update:)

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The last few days I have been having some issues with my Bluetooth headset losing connection to my phone and only being able to reconnect after a soft reset. If I try to turn the phone off with the button after the Bluetooth drops, it will hang on the "Goodbye" screen indefinitely, until the soft reset it performed. Hopefully whatever this bug is, it will be fixed in the next build or 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo