Windows 10 Mobile build 15222 Discussion (Fast Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@Kerry2112, I just check my Store's live tile function (I don't have live tile on for most things...store being one), and my Store's live tile not working either.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
@Kerry2112, I just check my Store's live tile function (I don't have live tile on for most things...store being one), and my Store's live tile not working either.

Yeah, I upvoted and commented on feedback this time. I've never had the Store live tile working consistently well, but this is the first build where it absolutely won't function at all. Unlike you, I like an active Start screen!

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
There's a new build from yesterday (15223)? Anyone install it yet? (I've been on my Nexus 6P this week so I didn't see any notifications about it.)

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got it several hours ago.
Honestly don't notice anything different, besides the heat. .. nothing out unusual !!

... !!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
  • We fixed an issue where only the first VPN profile was being displayed in the VPN settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > VPN.
  • We fixed an issue where a meeting Time Zone was garbled in Chinese or Japanese.
  • Based on Insider feedback, we have changed “Phone Update” to “Windows Update” under Settings > Update & security.

Known issues for Mobile
  • In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
There's a new build from yesterday (15223)? Anyone install it yet? (I've been on my Nexus 6P this week so I didn't see any notifications about it.)

Downloaded it last night, took it out for a run (literally) this morning - my running app, Groove and Bluetooth, all played well together:). What's app works fine. 950XL seems lighting fast on this (15222), and last (15215) builds.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
  • We fixed an issue where only the first VPN profile was being displayed in the VPN settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > VPN.
  • We fixed an issue where a meeting Time Zone was garbled in Chinese or Japanese.
  • Based on Insider feedback, we have changed “Phone Update” to “Windows Update” under Settings > Update & security.

Known issues for Mobile
  • In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.

I downloaded it on the morning, just before work, for my Lumia 950 XL DS. Battery is still 74 % after almost 12 hours, so it feels that they have improved more than just above :)

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

Very well. I'll bid farewell to 15222 by reporting that

-- 15222 was "not bad" for an old L1020 (temporarily spoofing as a 950 for WI-fast).
-- It probably won't happen again but, happily, this was the first build that did not dump the "Lumia Camera" software. Which -- therefore -- I did not have to force-reinstall like I always had to before.
-- The L1020 did not feel more sluggish vs any previous W10 builds
-- There were actually some impressive speed gains, selectively. Maps, and more so "Streetside" blew me away. Graphical walkabouts were very smooth under Wi-fi and even acceptable in LTE mode.
-- All basics worked fine, to the extent that I tried them.
-- No issues with the various radios.Notably, BT stability did improve vs recent builds
-- Battery life "may" have been somewhat lower vs 15215

That said, I decided to go right into 15223 because, for the first time ever, the phone's clock lost time last night...figured they may have now fixed this silently :)

Build 15223 is now installing. Bye bye, 15222.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

It installed on its own last night while I was sleeping. I had no idea it had even done it until I saw a post on here about the update and checked what I was running lol. So far I haven't seen anything different.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Very well. I'll bid farewell to 15222 by reporting that

-- 15222 was "not bad" for an old L1020 (temporarily spoofing as a 950 for WI-fast).
-- It probably won't happen again but, happily, this was the first build that did not dump the "Lumia Camera" software. Which -- therefore -- I did not have to force-reinstall like I always had to before.
-- The L1020 did not feel more sluggish vs any previous W10 builds
-- There were actually some impressive speed gains, selectively. Maps, and more so "Streetside" blew me away. Graphical walkabouts were very smooth under Wi-fi and even acceptable in LTE mode.
-- All basics worked fine, to the extent that I tried them.
-- No issues with the various radios.Notably, BT stability did improve vs recent builds
-- Battery life "may" have been somewhat lower vs 15215

That said, I decided to go right into 15223 because, for the first time ever, the phone's clock lost time last night...figured they may have now fixed this silently :)

Build 15223 is now installing. Bye bye, 15222.

A phone's clock can lose time?? I have never seen that before! :O

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
They missed something from the changelog.

Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

1. Forked Windows 10 Mobile to Feature 2 branch for all remaining builds

What? If you can't make light fun of the entire situation of W10M then what else do we have left? Microsoft aren't exactly leaving us with anything :)

On topic though, with this build, and the previous one, my 950XL has a strange bug. If I just leave the phone to go idle (i.e. not in use) and then press the power button to wake it up, sometimes it just dies upon waking. Screen goes black and phone is unresponsive and I have to pull the battery.

This never used to happen, but now it does. Does anyone else get this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12