07-20-2017 11:34 PM
86 1234
tools
    About battery, it seems to be good. Just look my battery stat after 7 hours night (idle consumption just 3 %). Battery consumption usage (top 4): Whatsapp, MS People, Mail and Calendar, and Start. That's the first night, it could be better after a week.

wp_ss_20170623_0001.jpg
    TgeekB and AbhiWindows10 like this.
    06-23-2017 10:33 AM
    @Jaripi,

Bluetooth message:

wp_ss_20170623_0004.jpg

Battery after 5.5 hours of use:

wp_ss_20170623_0005.jpg
    06-23-2017 11:00 AM
    @mtf1380,

Sorry, but I can be proud from my Lumia 950 XL DS phone :P
    mtf1380 likes this.
    06-23-2017 11:20 AM
    @mtf1380,

Can you show me your "Battery usage by app" page ? (just click "Battery usage by app" to see that page on Battery page)
    Last edited by Jaripi; 06-23-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    06-23-2017 11:26 AM
    I hear ya and feel your pain. You are a loyal user but these issues make it extremely difficult to have a positive experience. I have moved to iOS as my daily driver but continue to update my Idol 4s in hopes they get this fixed. In fact, I'm updating to latest build now which I had backed off from. Fingers crossed.
    I'm in the same boat. I've basically moved to my Nexus 6P as my daily driver but am keeping the 950XL updated on Insider Fast just to see if/when things improve.

For me, when my 950XL is operating optimally, its benefits (Outlook Mail and Calendar, the camera, battery life, live tiles) outweigh the drawbacks (mostly app gap-related which, for the most part, I can live with/work around).

However, when the 950XL is NOT operating optimally, the calculus changes. When live tiles don't work, alarms don't sound, Calendar unilaterally decides to change a meeting notification from "0 minutes" to "None", Cortana requires every command to be given twice when reading texts over Bluetooth in the car, then the benefits just aren't worth the trouble.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-23-2017 11:35 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I've basically moved to my Nexus 6P as my daily driver but am keeping the 950XL updated on Insider Fast just to see if/when things improve.

For me, when my 950XL is operating optimally, its benefits (Outlook Mail and Calendar, the camera, battery life, live tiles) outweigh the drawbacks (mostly app gap-related which, for the most part, I can live with/work around).

However, when the 950XL is NOT operating optimally, the calculus changes. When live tiles don't work, alarms don't sound, Calendar unilaterally decides to change a meeting notification from "0 minutes" to "None", Cortana requires every command to be given twice when reading texts over Bluetooth in the car, then the benefits just aren't worth the trouble.
    I think you explained it well.

The thing is, you and I can afford to do that. What about people who can only have 1 device and it needs to work for them? They are running out of choices.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    Kerry2112 likes this.
    06-23-2017 11:47 AM
    I like and use my Lumia 950xl. I will continue to use it because I like it better than anything else. It suits my needs. I support what I like and don't want to be part of the problem.
    06-23-2017 11:52 AM
    @mtf1380,

Can you show me your "Battery usage by app" page ? (just click "Battery usage by app" to see that page on Battery page)
    Top 5 are listed below:

1 - Windows Central = 45%
    2 - Microsoft Edge = 20%
    3 - Settings = 7%
    4 - OneNote = 6%
    5 - Store = 4%

Note: Maybe I am running down the battery more lately because after a Build Update I monitor Windows Central more than usually on my 950XL? And Windows Central apparently is a battery eater.

Regarding Bluetooth: it should be said that I had no BT devices in the 'Discoverable' so may it didn't trigger the connection (I will keep that in mind for future reference). All 'connected' devices work as they should:)

Regarding my VPN: is working great, connects quickly!

All considered, I am still very happy with the overall performance on the phone (950XL), as of late.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-23-2017 12:31 PM
    So far, for me, the best battery life is with the Elite X3. I actually can go an entire workday without plugging in. I do prefer my 950 XL for pictures as the quality is far better but for everything else, I prefer the X3. The fingerprint scanner especially.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    06-23-2017 12:49 PM
    @Mark Kaplan, I am glad that HP is supporting MS, as an OEM (they make very good products, and the X3 "almost" made me "reconsider" to buy HP products again); I was indeed, very tempted to get an X3 when retuning my defective 950XL. But, the camera is the most important feature 'of any' for me on a phone, all other obstacles I can work around.

With regards to HP, I promised their Escalation Dept Supervisor, back in 2012, that I would never buy another HP product, and I do try 'at all cost' too keep my word...(even at my own loss:)

And, for the record...I will "NEVER" shop at SEARS again, either! (1995 incident)

Burn me once, "shame on you"... burn me twice, shame on me"!:^)
    06-23-2017 01:37 PM
    @Mark Kaplan, I am glad that HP is supporting MS, as an OEM (they make very good products, and the X3 "almost" made me "reconsider" to buy HP products again); I was indeed, very tempted to get an X3 when retuning my defective 950XL. But, the camera is the most important feature 'of any' for me on a phone, all other obstacles I can work around.

With regards to HP, I promised their Escalation Dept Supervisor, back in 2012, that I would never buy another HP product, and I do try 'at all cost' too keep my word...(even at my own loss:)

And, for the record...I will "NEVER" shop at SEARS again, either! (1995 incident)

Seems like never shopping at SEARS will be even easier for you now, as so many of their stores are closing down.
    mtf1380 and Mark Kaplan like this.
    06-23-2017 01:53 PM
    Seems like never shopping at SEARS will be even easier for you now, as so many of their stores are closing down.
    I just hope I was a small part of that!
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    06-23-2017 02:14 PM
    I've tried for the first ever time to connect my phone (L950) to my SP4 via Bluetooth, and it paired successfully on the 1st attempt with absolutely no issues.

Settings > Notifications & actions page is responsive immediately. (Previous builds it was 10+ seconds for it to become responsive for me.)

Not had any problems with notifications coming through.

Not encountered a bug yet - well, I guess I have as the Store live tile is dead for me...but I only checked that to test as others were having an issue with it, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed as I have Store on the smallest tile size.

Sent from mTalk
    mtf1380 likes this.
    06-23-2017 02:31 PM
    After very little playing, I have regained the ability to discover, and pair, to new Bluetooth devices; first thing I tried was an attempt to connect to my SP3, which was successful....thank you @13paul13 for the suggestion:)

FTR: The only things I tried were:

• Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth = no Joy
    • Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Wireless display or dock = no Joy
    • Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Everything else = all my devices in the house.
    • Turned SP3 Bluetooth discovery 'ON'
    • Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth = Still NO Joy on phone, but the SP3 was able to discover phone.
    • Did a Power OFF/ON cycle on the phone.
    • SP3: Bluetooth discovery still 'ON'
    • Phone: Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth = phone's discovery initiated, and SP3 found, and subsequentially 'paired'
    anon(9603734) likes this.
    06-23-2017 03:15 PM

I'm not a huge HP fan but I do love this phone. I'm Lenovo for everything else. I do wish the camera was better.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    06-23-2017 03:22 PM
    Just connected my Idol 4s to my Bayan Bluetooth speaker which I had been having trouble doing on previous CU builds.
    That's refreshing if nothing else.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    mtf1380 likes this.
    06-23-2017 03:36 PM
    For some reason I couldn't pull the notification bar/action centre down earlier, turning the phone off and on again has resolved that.

I've seen people mention that Mail doesn't work in Continuum. I tried this out this morning. I used my SP4 as the monitor, wirelessly projecting (I don't have a dock) my L950 via the Continuum app. There's a noticeable lag over wireless. I opened the Mail app, selected a couple of old emails and it worked as expected being able to read them. No crash. Mail app is Version 17.8241.40986.0. (I was definitely using the Mail app via Continuum and hadn't accidentally opened the native SP4 one!!)

Sent from mTalk
    06-24-2017 06:16 AM
    I'm still getting, (though far and few between), random restarts and also my device locks down very occasionally displaying a black screen before I have to restart.
    06-26-2017 07:46 AM
    The alarm bug is extremely annoying!

Work and home computers are affected by it.

If an alarm goes off on my phone it will go off on the computer as well.
    Dismissing the alarm on the phone will not trigger the alarm to dismiss on the computer.
    The alarm will just ring indefinitely on a computer until I dismiss it.

I have to find a work around.
    06-27-2017 09:39 AM
    If you have a problem with Bluetooth, disconnect and remove from the Bluetooth device your phone and unplug the Bluetooth device power (if its a car, turn off the car completely, open and close the driving door, and wait 5min... if you have something to tell you that the system is off then wait to indicate that the infotainment system is out of power).

Then remove the Bluetooth device from your phone.

Then press and hold the power button and wait for the phone force restart (don't do a shutdown, the phone does like Windows 10 on PC where it partially hibernates).

Now, wait for your phone to full boot, once in the start screen wait a moment, as it continues to load everything, and then connect to the Bluetooth device doing a pair as if it was a new device with your Bluetooth device. If that fails, try using a pairing code method.

This should work. Now, keep in mind that it won't fix the performance issues, or other issues, but you'll be able to connect again.

Hope this helps.
    Jackalito likes this.
    06-27-2017 09:50 AM
    I don't notice much difference at all. 950 XL
    06-27-2017 09:51 AM
    In this build i did a factory reset on my Lumia 950 XL and have set a back-up back. And i got some apps that are gone from the store?! Maybe from the back-up.

Before i had a lot of freezes and random restarts, but now it really works great. :D
    I think the factory reset fixed it because of all the lots of builds that i have installed last year over time.

Battery use is a lot better got now 55 % and have used it for 11 hour.
    Bluetooth works great with my radio in the car. So no problems there.

I got only a weird frond by " windows update"
    06-27-2017 09:55 AM
    The most annoying thing for me since a bunch of builds is that if you receive a call while you have headphone it comes out of the phone speakers at the same time as you headphones. And not only that, it goes FULL BLAST with no volume control on the speaker. Pressing the volume down button while it rings just mutes/ignores the call. This is real annoying if I am listening to music at work with headphones on. The whole floor hears my phone if it rings. Good thing for Quiet Hour feature, which is the only thing that holds me from binning the phone.

Yes it has been posted in the feedback hub, but has little votes.
    I have the Lumia 950 XL DS
    anon(3463402) likes this.
    06-27-2017 09:56 AM
    - Battery life decreased.
    - Yesterday I tried switching audio in Maps from BT to internal speaker, it didn't worked
    06-27-2017 09:57 AM
    To tell you the truth the keyboard lag is a little annoying when it comes to some website forms. Other than that I have not experienced any crashes...now I still think that the insider builds work best on a Lumia device and maybe on a HP device...The insider builds were horrible on the Alcatel idol 4s device I had.
    06-27-2017 10:01 AM
86 1234