The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-20-2017 11:34 PM
86 1234
tools
    Things have (in my opinion) become so darn boring, I decided to stay on stable Windows 10 Mobile. It is a waste of time to install these incredibly boring builds! Stable to Insider is the same for Mobile, not worth the time!
    06-27-2017 10:03 AM
    Bluetooth audio problem NOT fixed...

In fact, I can no longer pair new devices on this build.

I'm so close to giving up on W10M :(
    I'm having this issue as well. I submitted to feedback hub. Please upvote https://aka.ms/Wkbr64
    06-27-2017 10:04 AM
    Well, installed last night and, so far, have noticed the following:

- extreme lag typing this post

950XL DS
    I completely AGREE with this one. Really slow typing experience everywhere. The letters pop up after 2-2.5 seconds sometimes. Annoying. Lumia 650.

Also, I've had quite a lot of random reboots since the past 2-3 build updates. Sometimes, it happens while using the phone but it has also happened when charging and idle for 3 hours. The only way I noticed this is because when you check the ACTION CENTER after a reboot, you'll see the quick action buttons getting *refreshed*. They get their color (for example, for the Wi-Fi toggle, Mobile Data, etc).
    06-27-2017 10:12 AM
    I'm still getting, (though far and few between), random restarts and also my device locks down very occasionally displaying a black screen before I have to restart.
    Same here on my Lumia 950XL. I've been getting random restarts since I had my device replaced a few (~6) months ago (haptic feedback stopped working on my last device). Just this past Saturday my device restarted 5 times. Adding insult to injury, it happened in front of my wife who left WM for iOS...nothing but jokes. It's getting harder and harder to defend the platform.
    AbhiWindows10 likes this.
    06-27-2017 10:13 AM
    I updated to build 15226.0 as soon as it was released on my NL 950XL DS & to date I have not encountered any issues. This build has been very stable for me & my newly acquired Fitbit Blaze ( God rest my Band 2's soul) is working flawlessly with my phone.

Note ( I did a reset immediately after installing this build & didn't restore from backup.)

In addition my wife's HTC One M8 is on the same build & rocking her Fitbit Charge 2.
    Last edited by OHardy; 06-27-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    06-27-2017 10:22 AM
    Same here on my Lumia 950XL. I've been getting random restarts since I had my device replaced a few (~6) months ago (haptic feedback stopped working on my last device). Just this past Saturday my device restarted 5 times. Adding insult to injury, it happened in front of my wife who left WM for iOS...nothing but jokes. It's getting harder and harder to defend the platform.
    I had that too, i fixed it to back-up the phone -> factory reset -> set back-up back. :D
    06-27-2017 10:23 AM
    The alarm bug is extremely annoying!

Work and home computers are affected by it.

If an alarm goes off on my phone it will go off on the computer as well.
    Dismissing the alarm on the phone will not trigger the alarm to dismiss on the computer.
    The alarm will just ring indefinitely on a computer until I dismiss it.

I have to find a work around.
    @TennisGuy45 is your PC on an insider build? I've never noticed dismissing notifications to propagate over to the PC side. Would be nice if this did work.
    06-27-2017 10:25 AM
    My Xbox one app wont connect with my Xbox after installing this build. I did a hard reset and still didn't work so i went back to previous public release. From now on I think ill just stick to insider release preview
    06-27-2017 10:33 AM
    I can't delete enough from Internal Storage on my 640 to get either of the last two Builds to Install
    06-27-2017 10:33 AM
    @TennisGuy45 is your PC on an insider build? I've never noticed dismissing notifications to propagate over to the PC side. Would be nice if this did work.
    This does work for me. If I'm at my Surface when my phone alarm goes off, I can dismiss it from the Surface. HP Elite X3 & Surface Pro 4.
    06-27-2017 10:34 AM
    Alcatel should flash their phones with the new firmware. To many issues with Idol 4s.
    06-27-2017 10:34 AM
    I've definitely noticed battery drain with my Lumia 950 on the last few builds. I've typically used 50% or more of my battery by noon, and have to charge up my phone before heading home from work. Of course, I am a heavy user - using the wifi hotspot for the hour long train ride in the morning, and again in the evening, but still I used to get much better battery life in the past.
    06-27-2017 10:38 AM
    My phone's lock screen is behaving oddly after the update.
    after making a phone call, the phone automatically goes to black screen (may be due to the sensor that turns off display during call, proximity sensor i think) and i have to press the lock button 3-4 times for the screen to come back again.
    its a bit frustrating at times...
    and of course our very favorite battery drain issue...
    06-27-2017 10:44 AM
    So far this build has been smooth for me. I've only had a few hangs where it would freeze on using the app switcher. What has been impacted for me is battery life. With the previous build I had a standby of 2 days and with light-moderate use it would be at approximately 40%. This is being unplugged at 7 am and checking batter life at around 9 pm. The stand by time has now been reduced to 1 day 5 hours and the battery drains faster than before. I have not done any hard resets for the last 3 builds.
    06-27-2017 10:50 AM
    Well, installed last night and, so far, have noticed the following:

- dismissing alarm on phone does not dismiss it on my W10 laptop, as it did previously

- phone has frozen twice, requiring soft reset each time

- extreme lag typing this post

950XL DS
    Is it available for Lumia 640
    06-27-2017 11:21 AM
    It was sluggish AF, so i ended up rolling back to prod ring and out of the insider for now
    06-27-2017 11:40 AM
    Working well. Snappy and stable. Battery usage can be better, but old Silverlight app Whatsapp sux a lot of juice so no wonders to be expected really.
    06-27-2017 01:00 PM
    [With Build -15226, facing No issues on Lumia 640. Absolutely running fine on Lumia 640.
    06-27-2017 01:00 PM
    Finally took the plunge and joined the Insiders Program, Fast Ring, but mainly because my new Fitbit Charge 2 (ugh, 7th Band 2 finally started flaking out, dying even with 98% battery) is supposed to handle text notifications with their Open Beta app. Was working right after 15226 update, but now not so much. Understood it's more of a Fitbit thing, but will be testing these Insider builds too...
    06-27-2017 01:48 PM
    All is well, with this build (950XL) - also: my battery life seems to have improved a bit:)
    06-27-2017 03:19 PM
    Does NFC still work? I have a 950XL and since the last few builds, NFC works only briefly right after reboot, then it just stops.

I have a pair of headphones that are NFC enabled, and it was awesome just to tap my phone to them and have them turn on and connect. This has stopped working. :(

Also I am a bit worried that Mobile will NOT be getting the Fall Creators Update. Remember how we were told that the break in build numbers was to do some internal fixes, and we would be back on the same build as the desktop? Well it is almost July, and Fall is not that far away. I would think the merge would have happened by now, but it would seem that is not the case.

This just confirms my suspicion that Windows Mobile has entered maintenance mode... :(
    06-27-2017 04:42 PM
    I haven't noticed any lag. I'm running tis on my lumia 650 and it seems snappier now than before. Unlocking the phone is faster. I've noticed when I'm one a phone call and also doing navigation on my phone a d the screen is off the screen doesn't like to come back on when pressing the power button while in phone call and navigation. Have to press it a few times for screen to come back on. Other than that seem pretty solid
    06-27-2017 07:25 PM
    @L950XL: Strange font for WINDOWS UPDATE under Settings>Update & Security (on L1520, this is fine). And yes the stores live tile not working but otherwise no issues.
    06-28-2017 12:38 AM
    We have the same device (Lumia 950 XL DS). Well, I just made some testing, by adding a new device, "TrackR" tracking bluetooth device. No problem at all. Old bluetooth connections (already paired) seem working well too ...
    A bit OT, but how do you use TrackR with your Windows Phone? AFAIK there's no WP app provided by them?
    06-28-2017 01:01 AM
    Well, a hard reset and SEVERAL soft resets, and, finally I can connect new Bluetooth devices. Unfortunately, quite often the Bluetooth stops working and the phone wont restart without a soft rest, scanning on the memory card, and then a reset.
    06-28-2017 10:09 AM
86 1234