07-26-2017 01:52 PM
74 123
tools
    L950, ATT

Battery life is still OK but two issues have surfaced.

1. BT will not always disconnect when I power down my BT earpiece. The BT icon is still visible, the phone says BT is connected and worse, is still routing audio through the now non-existent BT device. So I get no notification sounds and miss texts. Tapping the BT tile in the pull down causes it to go from CONNECTED to NOT CONNECTED. After that, it will connect normally and sometimes will disconnect normally too.

2. DELETED. Calendar sync issue was because I selected the wrong account when I created the event.

2a. I cannot find a way to force a calendar sync.... is there one?

These issues are NOT new to this build. But MS is taking their own sweet time fixing them.... if they are even on MS's radar. And yes, feedback was sent, for all the good that seems to do.

Paul
    Last edited by pgoelz; 07-18-2017 at 07:07 AM. Reason: My error
    mtf1380 and raycpl like this.
    07-18-2017 06:21 AM
    @pgoelz, ALL good observations....kudos!
    raycpl likes this.
    07-18-2017 06:25 AM
    Put the 950Xl DS back into service yesterday at 5pm EDT. Early days yet, but some observations:

1) Battery life seems to be at least somewhat improved. Hard to say yet how much.

EDIT: Wow, battery life has been remarkable today. It has gone from 100% to 90% in 6.5 hours, with some light emailing and WhatsApp messaging.

2) Store live tile continues to not work

3) Outlook Calendar has not yet replaced my "0 minutes" reminder with "None" (as it has done randomly on previous builds).

4) A weird problem that has bedeviled me since I started on W10M in February 2016 continues: I cannot enter any number in the amount field of my bank's (BMO) mobile site. If I want to, say, pay a bill, when I click into the "amount" field, the numeric keypad pops up but any number I press does not appear in the field. I've tried in Edge and Monument Browser - same thing. This forces me to use the desktop BMO site to do my banking (no BMO app for Windows phone, of course). Don't know if any other BMO users out there have encountered this issue (which is obviously not build-related).
    Last edited by Kerry2112; 07-18-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: updated info
    07-18-2017 10:36 AM
    My hopes of the new firmware fixing the SD card disconnects just got shot down. I just had my first disconnect on this build and the new firmware. HP Elite X3.
    07-18-2017 02:42 PM
    That's what Cortana says...

http://i.imgur.com/rGT0DKB.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl
    Well, there you have it.
    07-18-2017 05:07 PM
    I am not getting a better battery life with this build than PR build. Indeed, my battery life is worse than yours.

Which is your configuration? (double tap to wake up, glance...)

thank you very much
    07-19-2017 04:26 AM
    @Radix1980a I have the following:

- Double-tap to sleep and wake both enabled
    - 3 email accounts in Outlook Mail, all set to fetch "as items arrive"
    - Glance screen set to time out at 30 seconds
    - all apps managed by Windows
    07-19-2017 05:35 AM
    Thanks!!

I have a similar configuration. I am going to check it again!!

Thank you
    07-19-2017 05:44 AM
    So after a week of use, I am having a couple odd issues with this build.

I cant change the picture on my "photos" live tile. Tried soft rests, unpinning and re-pinning and even changing settings in the app itself just so it would reset itself. Nothing works.

Also my email tiles no longer show how many new emails I have.

Hopefully these issues get worked out because they are both big ones for me.
    Kerry2112 likes this.
    07-19-2017 09:08 AM
    I cant change the picture on my "photos" live tile. Tried soft rests, unpinning and re-pinning and even changing settings in the app itself just so it would reset itself. Nothing works.
    Same here. Didn't notice it until you pointed it out but I have the same issue. Will leave feedback.
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    07-19-2017 10:18 AM
    @Keith White Jr: Just noticed my Photos live tile started working properly again out of nowhere.
    07-19-2017 11:57 AM
    @Keith White Jr: Just noticed my Photos live tile started working properly again out of nowhere.
    What??? Hopefully mine will do the same, but, so far, no good.
    07-19-2017 12:10 PM
    That's a bug I've been reporting for awhile. Also pictures don't show up for a few minutes after taking them.
    Kerry2112 likes this.
    07-19-2017 12:31 PM
    I know it's a fast ring build, but it seems simple things like that shouldn't happen.
    PerfectReign likes this.
    07-19-2017 05:33 PM
    I know it's a fast ring build, but it seems simple things like that shouldn't happen.
    Agreed! Seems like a no-brainer type of fix, but it has been lingering for way too long.
    07-19-2017 06:29 PM
    Couple of other issues showed up this evening:

- Bluetooth failed to disconnect properly from my car (still showed as connected even after car turned off). It then wouldn't reconnect to car later. Had to turn Bluetooth off and on again to fix.

- Saw the "No Internet" wifi bug for the first time in ages.
    07-19-2017 09:58 PM
    3) Outlook Calendar has not yet replaced my "0 minutes" reminder with "None" (as it has done randomly on previous builds).
    Too good to last. Happened tonight.
    07-19-2017 10:01 PM
    I used the Map app all day yesterday, and had it shut down phone once, and recalculate 3, or 4, times for no reason at all. Also, when first starting my trip, I registered a "NO GPS Signal" while driving out of the driveway, and had to reboot to get a signal.
    07-19-2017 10:13 PM
    ok, it seems that certain apps (Fitbit, Time Sense,...) have a higher battery drain in this build than their battery drain in PR builds.

Then, I don't notice any impovements on standby battery life and to be honest, the batter life when I use the phone (screen on) is a litle bit higher (just my feeling).
    I think that battery drain is the worse problem of my L950, too high.

On the other hand, since the first builds of 2016 battery saver is less effective. Even if I turn on the battery saver, I receive whatsapp and telegram notifications. Indeed, if I do not allow whatsapp in background I receive messages...do you have this problem? do you know how to solve it?

Thank you very much
    07-20-2017 05:38 AM
    Since my L1020 is not supposed to be using CU, I was going to sit this build out in terms of commenting here. More so, because most of you were reporting no major issues at first, though now are. Since I am having some of them also, along with the continuing failures of some camera apps like 1Shot and ProShot (but not Camera or Lumia Cam), here is some input:

-- BT is still not reliable; it often is not eager to connect. Also, Fitbit sync takes forever, but always has. (Build 15230 not yet dropped the car's BT like the previous build did once, though.)
    -- battery life has not bounced back from what it was 2 builds earlier is any camera app is used. (However, there is no power penalty for a soft reset now, and standby time is still reasonable.)
    -- Fitbit app does drain more battery juice. I cannot compare to many other builds but 2 builds ago it was better.
    -- OneNote changes made in the PC are not picked up by the phone as fast as before, or at all. Sync of OneNote changes made on the phone are retrieved by the PC as fast as my other Windows phones. Those phones (non-WI) have no issues either way.

At first, Maps got slower & dumber but later recovered.

Tiles can do what they may want, I don't need them active. However, it seems that some of them are no longer refreshing...the screen looks...quiet. Some of you would say "boring" :)
    Kerry2112 likes this.
    07-20-2017 09:22 AM
    Aaaaannndd the super standby battery life seems to have returned to normal. (i.e., not bad but nothin' special).

950XL DS
    07-20-2017 12:47 PM
    (However, there is no power penalty for a soft reset now, and standby time is still reasonable.)
    I thought the power penalty had disappeared, too, but I just tested it and my phone went from 93% at power off to 79% after power on.

That said, I'm not sure it's a real "power penalty". There may be an issue with the battery reading, not the actual battery state of charge. I'm going to leave feedback on it anyway.
    07-20-2017 01:06 PM
    I thought the power penalty had disappeared, too, but I just tested it and my phone went from 93% at power off to 79% after power on.

That said, I'm not sure it's a real "power penalty". There may be an issue with the battery reading, not the actual battery state of charge. I'm going to leave feedback on it anyway.
    The power cycling I refer to is only the "soft reset". This one came back at exactly the same 100%, so no penalty there. Unfortunately, I could not do the normal power off/on to check. The phone's add-on power cover is installed. It tends to become active on normal reboots and its power feed distorts the [power] picture. I'll take it off later to check.

The battery indicator issue, like you said, could still be lurking. Since I have had the power cover on most of the time, I may have not experienced it yet.
    Kerry2112 likes this.
    07-20-2017 05:14 PM
    @Ektalog Do you have the Mugen (? If memory serves) battery cover installed? Was thinking of buying. Do you like? What do you do for a case?
    07-20-2017 06:25 PM
    @Ektalog Do you have the Mugen (? If memory serves) battery cover installed? Was thinking of buying. Do you like? What do you do for a case?
    Oh, I kind of wished so. The one I have is the official Nokia "Imaging Cover" for the L1020. It does three things. 1. provides a socket for a tripod, 2. provides a shutter button and 3. provides extra power.

The gizmo does 1 and 2 just fine. The problem is #3 .... it only adds 1000mAh to the puny 2000mAh inside the phone. A Mugen for the 950XL would likely provide about 3 times all this combined! And pictures are easily great.

The L1020 may have been designed for superb pictures, which it can do if one takes some care. But, darn, it draws in power like crazy for the camera. Anyway, I wanted it for the camera...so I suffer the downsides trying to be graceful about it. :)
    Kerry2112 and mtf1380 like this.
    07-21-2017 01:31 AM
74 123