Windows 10 Mobile build 15237 Discussion (Fast Ring)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Well... I was only able to test the maps app (one way) on this build, and that is it :(

Because the day after installing this build, I drove down to the Florida Panhandle for a meeting on the beach with a State AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) for a projection I am working on. While waiting for my contact to arrive, I noticed that a pelican was tangled in some fishing line and unable to fly, or swim. People were scaring it, and you could see it was in distress:( I partnered up with the lifeguard (whom, had a knife), a guy and two mid-aged women on the beach, we slowly circled the entangled pelican that was on the sand at the waters edge - the lifeguard and other guy (that was in a bathing suit) were in the water, the ladies on left and right of shoreline, me (dressed in new $300 laced-up boots, and cargo shorts) on the sand, front and center. As we were at a do or die moment, the pelican managed to get back into the water, about 3 feet out, just enough that my boots were in the water - I had tasked myself with holding the pelican, and its beak, while the lifeguard would cut the line, and the other guy untangled the fishing line from the wings, feet and neck for the lifeguard to cut. I had to make the first move to get to the beak, and as I did a wave came in a drenched my shorts above the cargo pockets....you can see were this is going, I knew my 950XL and wallet were in my pockets, so with one hand I grab my phone and handed it to one of the bystanders. Long story short, we freed the entangled pelican, boy was he/she happy (come to find out the pelican had been entangled for about a week - COME ON PEOPLE! where's your compassion), and... "my phone is toast".

Ordered another 950XL, should be here Tuesday, or Wednesday - I hope:)

Did you leave feedback on this issue? :)

Seriously, though, good on you for making a difference.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT

Same old same old. BT still sometimes fails to disconnect when I power my earpiece off. In this condition, the phone is still routing rings and notifications through the now nonexistent BT device. As a result, it will not ring and it will not notify for incoming SMS. It takes several manual disconnect attempts with the earpiece powered on before I can get it to actually disconnect and re-enable audible rings and notifications.

So once again, I am back to my Android phone. Android 7.x (and now 8.x beta) just plain works.

And MS wonders why we think the Insider Program has "lost its way"???? FIX THE DANGED BUGS BEFORE DEVOTING ANY MORE ATTENTION TO ANY MORE SILLY FRU-FRU FEATURES. At least if you want your "insiders" to actually USE their phones. This one has been around for at least three builds.... maybe more. Feedback seems useless.

Paul

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm really enjoying this build. No issues so far and all my previous issues have resolved without a hard reset. Bluetooth works flawlessly, random restarts are gone and no more SD card disconnects. HP Elite X3 US

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
@mtf1380, much respect for helping a creature in need. Hope your replacement XL has turned up 🙂.

Apart from the one or two minor issues in the first couple of days, I'm in agreement with @Mark Kaplan - I'm enjoying this build and it's behaving well. Those issues I encountered have not occurred again 😀. Battery life is back to it's 24 to 36 hours for me (depending on usage). Not sure what went wrong with build 15235 in that respect.

This is a very stable build on my 950, and I've reverted to Slow Ring to miss the next Fast Ring build out (unless there's a new feature, then I may be tempted to get the next build..!).

Sent from mTalk

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Runstatic and many other gps enabled apps are crashing at start.

I was waiting to see who else. I have similar issues on my L1020. What model do you have? (Mine is not officially supported for these latest builds.)

Actually, when I tried to uninstall/reinstall Runtastic -- which has solved some past issues with other apps -- I wound up with another issue. It disappeared from the Apps list and can no longer be called. However it remains among the Apps listed under the Settings list. While it does not uninstall even from this zone, it reports a 0x8000000e error...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@Ektalog, I believe Runtastic is NO long supporting Window 10M. 'Track Runner' is another pretty nice app, I've used it for years, and preferred it over Runtastic.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
@Ektalog, I believe Runtastic is NO long supporting Window 10M. 'Track Runner' is another pretty nice app, I've used it for years, and preferred it over Runtastic.

Thanks for the detail. I'll look up Track Runner. Thing is, Runtastic was running just fine up until the previous build. Ah well, we chose the fast ring...

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm staying with this build for now. Today is the best my battery has ever been on my 950 - I took it off charge at 23:15 last night (100%), it's now 17:30 and there is still 64% remaining.

36% in 18.25 hours = 1.97% average per hour. Battery life has been improving by the day (I'm using the device no different)...in another 2 weeks it might be so good that I never need to charge it again..!

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I was waiting to see who else. I have similar issues on my L1020. What model do you have? (Mine is not officially supported for these latest builds.)

Actually, when I tried to uninstall/reinstall Runtastic -- which has solved some past issues with other apps -- I wound up with another issue. It disappeared from the Apps list and can no longer be called. However it remains among the Apps listed under the Settings list. While it does not uninstall even from this zone, it reports a 0x8000000e error...

I run WM10 latest fast ring build on a ML640dualsim. Caledos app crashes at start too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)