09-23-2017 02:27 PM
44 12
tools
    @Ryujingt3, these quick notifications... are they actually emails coming through? and if you go to the email (synced to outlook) is a message there to read that corresponds to the quick notification?
    Hello.

Yes. There is a message in whatever app the notification appears for. It is just that the notification appears far quicker.

For example, someone sends me a message on Microsoft Teams. I get the action center notification on my phone. I tap it. The Microsoft Teams app does not show that new message yet.

Later on, perhaps an hour later, I get an email telling me I got a new message in Microsoft Teams (relating to the app notification from earlier).

I am not sure I am explaining this correctly, sorry.

A better example might be the LINE IM messaging app. I use this on my PC and phone and the messages are supposed to sync. When I get a LINE notification on my phone of a new chat, I open LINE and the message is not there. That means that there is a massive gap between the same chat data on my phone versus my PC (which captures it all).

Regards.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    09-03-2017 08:24 PM
    @Ryujingt3, I think I understand what you are meaning... strange!
    09-04-2017 08:20 AM
    @Ryujingt3, I think I understand what you are meaning... strange!
    I think maybe I did not explain it clear enough.

Basically, the action center notifications and what happens in the app to trigger said notification are severely delayed.

Another bug I found, when the device is really low on battery the MS Teams app refuses to let you send a message (the send button disappears) until you charge it again.

What else are you all experiencing so far? I also get random soft resets too, though not as many as the last Fast Ring build.
    09-05-2017 03:22 AM
    What else are you all experiencing so far? I also get random soft resets too, though not as many as the last Fast Ring build.
    I have found this build quite stable on my 950XL DS, at least as far as restarts are concerned. I did have one case of the phone slowing down tremendously (to the point I thought it was frozen completely) but I waited a few seconds and it became responsive again.

Only real serious issue for me is the reappearance of the "No Internet" wifi bug (where the phone shows you are connected to wifi but says "No Internet"). Toggling the wifi off and on again always fixes but the bug is frequent (maybe 3-4 times a day on my home wifi).
    09-05-2017 09:58 AM
    My 950 duel sim seems to be working fine other then the battery life is no where near what it use to be. I lose 50% with the phone just sitting on a desk over night. there is nothing going on other then it sitting there. This is worse then it was an update or two ago.
    09-05-2017 03:59 PM
    Was really hoping for a new build this week to address the fingerprint sensor bug introduced in the current build. Now they've stopped responding on Twitter. Sigh. HP Elite X3 (Not so Elite)
    Kerry2112 likes this.
    09-06-2017 09:19 AM
    Was really hoping for a new build this week to address the fingerprint sensor bug introduced in the current build. Now they've stopped responding on Twitter. Sigh. HP Elite X3 (Not so Elite)
    Dona tweet yesterday implied a good chance for new build today but I'm not sure if mobile would be included.
    09-06-2017 01:34 PM
    I found a new issue. I tried to sign onto my work wifi, which requires being directed to a webpage where you input a user name and password. I cannot get that page to come up. I disconnected, I went into known networks and "forgot" the network, and still it just connects and says connected, but there is no internet connection.
    09-06-2017 02:46 PM
    Some more new issues for me - I logged them in Feedback Hub.

If I open Store and tap search the search then disappears. When this happened again Store took over all windows, so, even if I tried to close the Store Start was no longer there to go back to and had also become Store.

Feedback Hub sometimes hangs on the screen where you tap to submit feedback (the irony!).

Hopefully we will get a new build soon.
    09-07-2017 01:13 AM
    My 950 duel sim seems to be working fine other then the battery life is no where near what it use to be. I lose 50% with the phone just sitting on a desk over night. there is nothing going on other then it sitting there. This is worse then it was an update or two ago.
    My L950 has been like this since the CU. However, i turned off location last night to see what happended, and my standby battery drain went from 5% per hour down to 1-2%, so it was either the system or a rogue app in my case.
    09-07-2017 01:46 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that changing background usage of Edge from "Managed by Windows" to "Never allowed in background" does nothing? I changed mine a week ago, after noticing it had 10% usage in background in past 24 hours. Today, I saw it was at 12% background usage in past 24 hours. How can that be?
    09-10-2017 06:57 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that changing background usage of Edge from "Managed by Windows" to "Never allowed in background" does nothing? I changed mine a week ago, after noticing it had 10% usage in background in past 24 hours. Today, I saw it was at 12% background usage in past 24 hours. How can that be?
    How do you do that? When I go to Settings > Background Apps, I can just turn apps on or off.

I'd like to see what settings I have for this.
    09-10-2017 10:20 PM
    How do you do that? When I go to Settings > Background Apps, I can just turn apps on or off.

I'd like to see what settings I have for this.
    It's under Settings > System > Battery > Battery usage by app. For each app displayed, you can click it to select from "Always allowed in background", "Managed by Windows" or "Never allowed in background".
    09-11-2017 06:42 AM
    It's under Settings > System > Battery > Battery usage by app. For each app displayed, you can click it to select from "Always allowed in background", "Managed by Windows" or "Never allowed in background".
    Thanks very much, Kerry. I will play with that and see if it helps improve the battery life.
    09-11-2017 07:47 AM
    Some more bugs for me.

This morning, my alarm did not go off and I don't seem to be recieving notifications in action center for apps either.

If the device is also on really low battery, the on-screen keyboard fails to work. As soon as you plug the device in to charge, the on-screen keyboard pops up.
    09-11-2017 09:11 PM
    To answer Ryujingt3's question... build 15245 is even worse. The screen rotation seems to be better, but I've had 3 random phone reboots that I'm aware of, the same number of phone lockups. Build 15063 was better, if I recall correctly.
    Sigh. I just about did a full reset back to Windows Phone 8.1 over the weekend, cuz I was getting fed up...but I decided to reboot and take a breath first.
    [edit] page would not take my full comments the first time.
    At least the camera takes pictures correctly now, instead of being locked into the wrong orientation like builds 15240 and/or 15237. Which reminds me, the selfie camera caused a crash also this weekend.
    Battery life seems not quite as good as the last couple builds.
    I've given up on the auto screen brightness feature. That hasn't worked properly for me for a while. In daylight it's fine, but not when it's dark.
    True, my HTC One is on the "not good enough" list, but come on.
    09-11-2017 10:19 PM
    Sigh. Just when I thought we were making progress.....

After several days of perfect operation (good battery life, no issues) I noticed this morning that A) OneDrive had suddenly consumed a lot of battery and B) BT was showing connected when no devices were in fact turned on. That last one is a fatal flaw (and one that has been around for a while). In that condition, audio is routed to the nonexistent BT and it therefore does not ring or notify on incoming SMS.

So I did a "slide to power off" in preparation for removing the SIM........... and it is currently hung and unresponsive with the slide to power off screen slid fully down. Will they EVER get it right?

Paul
    09-12-2017 07:05 AM
    09-12-2017 05:13 PM
    My 950XL DS did something very strange today. I plugged it into my charger, and nothing. So I plugged the cable into my laptop to see if the charger had died, and nothing. Tried a different cable into both the laptop and charger, nothing.

Did a soft (I think - held power and vol down buttons) reset on it, and it's now charging.
    09-23-2017 02:27 PM
44 12