01-25-2018 03:10 PM
86 1234
tools
    According to this very site, the RTM build just hit the PC Fast Ring. Surely a mobile equivalent is imminent? Maybe 15253 is it.
    Yep, Windows Central stated just now that 16299 is the RTM build for PC. W10M development is not in sync with W10 anymore so it could go RTM in two weeks or even in two months. Nobody knows
    10-03-2017 06:59 AM
    I'm out guys. I stayed as long as I could but I've decided to move to the Galaxy S8 Plus like Bill Gates has done.
    My motivator is my 10 year old Type 1 Diabetic son. He just got a Dexcom which monitors his blood-sugar electronically. I need to use an app to monitor the device and of course, only iOS and Android are the options. I refuse to go Apple so Samsung here I come. I will still participate in the Windows Insider builds with my phones on WiFi, but my primary is switching.
    Kerry2112 and nate0 like this.
    10-03-2017 10:44 AM
    @Mark Kaplan, sad day:(
    10-03-2017 11:30 AM
    I'm out guys. I stayed as long as I could but I've decided to move to the Galaxy S8 Plus like Bill Gates has done.
    My motivator is my 10 year old Type 1 Diabetic son. He just got a Dexcom which monitors his blood-sugar electronically. I need to use an app to monitor the device and of course, only iOS and Android are the options. I refuse to go Apple so Samsung here I come. I will still participate in the Windows Insider builds with my phones on WiFi, but my primary is switching.
    That's a very practical reason to switch. I have a few friends with Dexcom, but they all use iOS. The integration with the Apple Watch is a pretty cool feature, but just having the app so that you are notified of any changes when he isn't with you is great for your piece of mind.

It is sad that you are driven to switch, but this clearly isn't an emotional decision, it is a necessity.

It seems like you most likely won't be missing out on much, at least not in the way of updates to your current device. It will take some getting used to, but the reality is both iOS and Android are great/better alternatives. At least we have the option of two OS that are fully supported.
    nate0 and Mark Kaplan like this.
    10-03-2017 12:44 PM
    Recently I'm experiencing a weird issue with cellular network. Usually When I change my place, if someone call me the operator says the mobile set is off. People always tell me why my phone is off. I also can't get SMS in this state. Also sometimes I have no internet on data connection.

Restarting the device solves the issue. I noticed if I dial a number the issue disappears, but I'm not really sure about it.
    10-03-2017 01:15 PM
    Installed this build last night. Single sim 950 xl. Doing really well so far. Battery is doing good. No abnormal heat. The only quirk this far I've noticed was with the double tap to wake. Couple times dbl tap would not wake up the screen. It would cause glance to turn off but the display would not move to the lock screen and was just off. Only happened twice earlier this morning and could just be related to the phone being busy.
    10-03-2017 01:30 PM
    @Mark Kaplan, like @mtf1380 says: this is a sad day.

I understand it completely though. Best of luck with your Android phone, and thanks for hanging in there as long as you have.
    10-03-2017 07:24 PM
    @Mark Kaplan, like @mtf1380 says: this is a sad day.

I understand it completely though. Best of luck with your Android phone, and thanks for hanging in there as long as you have.
    Thank you guys. I will still participate with my 950 XL & Elite X3, just on wifi only. I still love the pictures my 950 XL takes.
    Scienceguy Labs and mtf1380 like this.
    10-04-2017 11:23 AM
    Thank you guys. I will still participate with my 950 XL & Elite X3, just on wifi only. I still love the pictures my 950 XL takes.
    I am actually considering getting an Elite X3 to replace my 950XL. Still waiting for a new mobile OS build.
    10-05-2017 12:04 AM
    I am actually considering getting an Elite X3 to replace my 950XL. Still waiting for a new mobile OS build.
    That's bold ;)
    https://www.neowin.net/news/hp-is-ab...ewed-the-pooch
    10-05-2017 03:41 AM
    It's sort of like we are just all going away one by one but there's the hope that before the end of the movie we're all back together, on the other side. "The other side" in this case would be on real Windows in a phone format, perhaps a Surface phone kind of thing.

See you all then!

Frank
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    10-05-2017 08:17 AM
    Don't do it if you like taking pictures. The camera on the X3 is horrible. The 950XL is amazing.
    10-05-2017 12:01 PM
    It's sort of like we are just all going away one by one but there's the hope that before the end of the movie we're all back together, on the other side. "The other side" in this case would be on real Windows in a phone format, perhaps a Surface phone kind of thing.

See you all then!

Frank
    When/If that happens, I'll be there :)
    mtf1380 likes this.
    10-05-2017 12:02 PM
    Sad
    "However, due to Microsoft's decision to more or less abandon its mobile platform, those plans are now under water. Lazaridis also mentioned that Microsoft has confirmed to the company that there will be no future development of the mobile OS, presumably referring to Windows 10 Mobile and the Continuum feature that was the hallmark of the Elite x3."
    10-05-2017 12:04 PM
    Sad
    "However, due to Microsoft's decision to more or less abandon its mobile platform, those plans are now under water. Lazaridis also mentioned that Microsoft has confirmed to the company that there will be no future development of the mobile OS, presumably referring to Windows 10 Mobile and the Continuum feature that was the hallmark of the Elite x3."
    In addition:
    Last edited by sb1370; 10-06-2017 at 03:06 AM.
    10-06-2017 02:50 AM
    As an insider, it would be nice to see/know what all our efforts on W10M really equate to at this point.
    10-08-2017 07:15 PM
    Don't do it if you like taking pictures. The camera on the X3 is horrible. The 950XL is amazing.
    I am not really a fan of taking pictures. Nor am I good at it either, does that help?

As an insider, it would be nice to see/know what all our efforts on W10M really equate to at this point.
    At this point, I fully expect, and I am sure many others do too, for the Insider program for Mobile to be quietly put out to pasture. No OS to maintain, no need for Insiders.
    10-09-2017 07:55 AM
    Microsoft's Joe B has made it clear that they will only be doing bug fixes going forward. I'm afraid this is the end of the road.
    10-09-2017 02:49 PM
    Microsoft's Joe B has made it clear that they will only be doing bug fixes going forward. I'm afraid this is the end of the road.
    I guess I can accept that IF (and only if) they actually FIX the several show stopper bugs that have plagued W10 for a long time. I'm not holding my breath.

I feel betrayed.... again. A while back I bought a Moto X first generation only to have Google / Motorola / Lenovo abandon it prematurely with a very flawed version of the OS. So flawed that it was very unreliable. Total waste of my purchase price and since it was an ATT phone the bootloader was locked so no custom ROMs either. After that experience, I decided to try the Windows world thinking that the OS and lower level firmware were separate enough that any device would be supported directly by MS longer than the "standard" two years. Come to find that MS is not only abandoning MY device (L950), they are probably abandoning the OS entirely. In the mean time, no one makes a smallish phone that meets my requirements (removable battery and SD card) so I'm kinda stuck. I really like the L950... it ticks all my boxes... but at least so far it is not QUITE capable of being a true daily driver. I have an Android phone I'm happy with but it too is nearing the end of its supported lifetime and does not have a removable battery. At least it has an unlocked bootloader and there are lots of custom ROMs.

Paul
    10-09-2017 03:57 PM
    I still refuse to believe that MS doesn't have "something" up their sleeve... I'm just hoping my 950XL (which is running just fine, BTW) will last until I know for sure that there is "nothing" over the horizon.

I believe that at the least, MS is holding off until they have a CPU able to drive what they want to introduce. Just thinking out loud:)
    nate0 likes this.
    10-09-2017 04:39 PM
    I still refuse to believe that MS doesn't have "something" up their sleeve... I'm just hoping my 950XL (which is running just fine, BTW) will last until I know for sure that there is "nothing" over the horizon.

I believe that at the least, MS is holding off until they have a CPU able to drive what they want to introduce. Just thinking out loud:)
    From your lips to God's ears. But you better call Noah just in case.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    mtf1380 likes this.
    10-09-2017 05:15 PM
    We can always hope however I saw today that Samsung will be the first to come to market with a folding device which of course will run Android. I honestly feel Microsoft will abandon its own mobile and concentrate on integration with Android and iOS. There are even rumors that the Surface line will ultimately die.

Samsung Galaxy X: Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch in 2018, will be a limited run | Expert Reviews

PS, now that I've gotten an Android, I REALLY miss Cortana....
    mtf1380 likes this.
    10-09-2017 09:48 PM
    From your lips to God's ears. But you better call Noah just in case.

Ya know... it would be a slick strategy if MS got everyone hooked on MS apps by exposing them on other OS, and then introduced an a$$ kickin' MS mobile device - it would most definitely give MS a good chance to sway other OS users to try Windows OS. Just saying :)

I do have an umbrella though
    fatclue_98 and nate0 like this.
    10-09-2017 10:44 PM
    Ya know... it would be a slick strategy if MS got everyone hooked on MS apps by exposing them on other OS, and then introduced an a$$ kickin' MS mobile device - it would most definitely give MS a good chance to sway other OS users to try Windows OS. Just saying :)

I do have an umbrella though
    As long as it doesn't take as long as it did to release the Surface. Your idea certainly has merit because just look at the Surface. People knew Office, etc. and now they're experiencing it on a MS-branded device. It is far and away the standard bearer in the 2-in-1 category.

nate0 likes this.
    10-10-2017 06:58 AM
    Not sure if or when we will ever get another build if they are not working on it anymore.

So, in the spirit of things, and also because I'm a massive X-Files fan, and we get new episodes next year, in terms of the future of MS in the mobile space, this sums up my thoughts perfectly.

pp101-x-files-i-want-.jpg
    Adventurer64 and fgol like this.
    10-11-2017 10:34 PM
86 1234