Windows 10 Mobile build 15252 Discussion (Fast Ring)

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
It's sort of like we are just all going away one by one but there's the hope that before the end of the movie we're all back together, on the other side. "The other side" in this case would be on real Windows in a phone format, perhaps a Surface phone kind of thing.

See you all then!

Frank

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's sort of like we are just all going away one by one but there's the hope that before the end of the movie we're all back together, on the other side. "The other side" in this case would be on real Windows in a phone format, perhaps a Surface phone kind of thing.

See you all then!

Frank

When/If that happens, I'll be there :)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Sad
"However, due to Microsoft's decision to more or less abandon its mobile platform, those plans are now under water. Lazaridis also mentioned that Microsoft has confirmed to the company that there will be no future development of the mobile OS, presumably referring to Windows 10 Mobile and the Continuum feature that was the hallmark of the Elite x3."

sb1370

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Sad
"However, due to Microsoft's decision to more or less abandon its mobile platform, those plans are now under water. Lazaridis also mentioned that Microsoft has confirmed to the company that there will be no future development of the mobile OS, presumably referring to Windows 10 Mobile and the Continuum feature that was the hallmark of the Elite x3."
In addition:

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
As an insider, it would be nice to see/know what all our efforts on W10M really equate to at this point.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't do it if you like taking pictures. The camera on the X3 is horrible. The 950XL is amazing.

I am not really a fan of taking pictures. Nor am I good at it either, does that help?

As an insider, it would be nice to see/know what all our efforts on W10M really equate to at this point.

At this point, I fully expect, and I am sure many others do too, for the Insider program for Mobile to be quietly put out to pasture. No OS to maintain, no need for Insiders.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft's Joe B has made it clear that they will only be doing bug fixes going forward. I'm afraid this is the end of the road.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft's Joe B has made it clear that they will only be doing bug fixes going forward. I'm afraid this is the end of the road.

I guess I can accept that IF (and only if) they actually FIX the several show stopper bugs that have plagued W10 for a long time. I'm not holding my breath.

I feel betrayed.... again. A while back I bought a Moto X first generation only to have Google / Motorola / Lenovo abandon it prematurely with a very flawed version of the OS. So flawed that it was very unreliable. Total waste of my purchase price and since it was an ATT phone the bootloader was locked so no custom ROMs either. After that experience, I decided to try the Windows world thinking that the OS and lower level firmware were separate enough that any device would be supported directly by MS longer than the "standard" two years. Come to find that MS is not only abandoning MY device (L950), they are probably abandoning the OS entirely. In the mean time, no one makes a smallish phone that meets my requirements (removable battery and SD card) so I'm kinda stuck. I really like the L950... it ticks all my boxes... but at least so far it is not QUITE capable of being a true daily driver. I have an Android phone I'm happy with but it too is nearing the end of its supported lifetime and does not have a removable battery. At least it has an unlocked bootloader and there are lots of custom ROMs.

Paul

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I still refuse to believe that MS doesn't have "something" up their sleeve... I'm just hoping my 950XL (which is running just fine, BTW) will last until I know for sure that there is "nothing" over the horizon.

I believe that at the least, MS is holding off until they have a CPU able to drive what they want to introduce. Just thinking out loud:)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I still refuse to believe that MS doesn't have "something" up their sleeve... I'm just hoping my 950XL (which is running just fine, BTW) will last until I know for sure that there is "nothing" over the horizon.

I believe that at the least, MS is holding off until they have a CPU able to drive what they want to introduce. Just thinking out loud:)
From your lips to God's ears. But you better call Noah just in case.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
From your lips to God's ears. But you better call Noah just in case.

Ya know... it would be a slick strategy if MS got everyone hooked on MS apps by exposing them on other OS, and then introduced an a$$ kickin' MS mobile device - it would most definitely give MS a good chance to sway other OS users to try Windows OS. Just saying :)

I do have an umbrella though:winktongue:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ya know... it would be a slick strategy if MS got everyone hooked on MS apps by exposing them on other OS, and then introduced an a$$ kickin' MS mobile device - it would most definitely give MS a good chance to sway other OS users to try Windows OS. Just saying :)

I do have an umbrella though:winktongue:
As long as it doesn't take as long as it did to release the Surface. Your idea certainly has merit because just look at the Surface. People knew Office, etc. and now they're experiencing it on a MS-branded device. It is far and away the standard bearer in the 2-in-1 category.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if or when we will ever get another build if they are not working on it anymore.

So, in the spirit of things, and also because I'm a massive X-Files fan, and we get new episodes next year, in terms of the future of MS in the mobile space, this sums up my thoughts perfectly.

PP101-X-FILES-i-want-to.jpg

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
One of the problem that I still facing in this build is if I stay for more than 3 min on Edge, the device will become unresponsive. And got really hot. I'm using Lumia 950.

Also on edge when I type a site URL, it will show me the desktop version instead of mobile version of it. I had to close the app by holding the back button, and open Edge again and type that site URL.

The Camera app still crash. But randomly. Device still restart itself, randomly. A lot of app still facing the crash issues (especially apps for editing photos, I don't know if it's the app or the OS..)

In Camera app, after I take photos, and tap on the preview button, it shows blank picture. I had to slide to the previous photo, and slide back to see the photo. This problem was present before I join the Insiders Program.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
One of the problem that I still facing in this build is if I stay for more than 3 min on Edge, the device will become unresponsive. And got really hot. I'm using Lumia 950.

Also on edge when I type a site URL, it will show me the desktop version instead of mobile version of it. I had to close the app by holding the back button, and open Edge again and type that site URL.

The Camera app still crash. But randomly. Device still restart itself, randomly. A lot of app still facing the crash issues (especially apps for editing photos, I don't know if it's the app or the OS..)

In Camera app, after I take photos, and tap on the preview button, it shows blank picture. I had to slide to the previous photo, and slide back to see the photo. This problem was present before I join the Insiders Program.

Try the next build that was just released. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99