Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 Discussion (Fast Ring)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, tomorrow is Patch Tuesday. I would assume we will get 10254.11 or .12

Looks like it may not be the case, sadly. For me now my 950XL just restarts or goes to black screen and hangs quite regularly. I am not sure if it the OS or the battery. The phone is two years old and has not had any issues. It's just a pain to remove my case, then the back plate then the battery and put it all back together each time it decides to die on me.

In fact, when I used WDRT and went back to the Production Build it did the same thing. Maybe it is the battery, who knows? At least the battery is removable though, in this day and age that is rarer and rarer now.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it may not be the case, sadly. For me now my 950XL just restarts or goes to black screen and hangs quite regularly. I am not sure if it the OS or the battery. The phone is two years old and has not had any issues. It's just a pain to remove my case, then the back plate then the battery and put it all back together each time it decides to die on me.

In fact, when I used WDRT and went back to the Production Build it did the same thing. Maybe it is the battery, who knows? At least the battery is removable though, in this day and age that is rarer and rarer now.

Why don't you use soft reset (power button + volume down)?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

A battery (if you get an oem one) is a cheaper method for checking if that solves the issue. It sounds to me like that is the problem and if it is not then the next solution is the most expensive one...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you use soft reset (power button + volume down)?

i have tried that several times and it still wants to randomly reset.

A battery (if you get an oem one) is a cheaper method for checking if that solves the issue. It sounds to me like that is the problem and if it is not then the next solution is the most expensive one...

I will hopefully get an Elite X3 for Christmas. I don't want to spend money on this device if I do not need to.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It is ridiculous for Microsoft but if someone wants to get the patch 15254.12 must unlink the insider account and get it...

That is interesting to know. Did you try it? Do you just have to switch to Release Preview to get it or do you need to do a whole factory restore using WDRT?

UPDATE:

I left the Insider program and switched to release preview. I restarted my phone and checked for updates and now I am downloading "2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for arm based Phone Devices'.

UPDATE 2:

Now my build number is 15254.12.

Last edited:

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That is interesting to know. Did you try it? Do you just have to switch to Release Preview to get it or do you need to do a whole factory restore using WDRT?.

I just hit the windows insider account at the bottom of windows insider program page and unlinked the account.After update I linked it again

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It is ridiculous for Microsoft but if someone wants to get the patch 15254.12 must unlink the insider account and get it...

That's for a good reason. 15254.12 is a cumulative update to the FCU. The Insider rings are for RS4 (or whatever they will call it)

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That's for a good reason. 15254.12 is a cumulative update to the FCU. The Insider rings are for RS4 (or whatever they will call it)

This patch was in buildfeed from 8 november.
They could serve it to insiders in slow ring to test it before release.
Now that they havent release any 15400 builds, the insiders are behind the production ring.
Is this fair for insiders?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This patch was in buildfeed from 8 november.
They could serve it to insiders in slow ring to test it before release.
Now that they havent release any 15400 builds, the insiders are behind the production ring.
Is this fair for insiders?

Exactly this.

Now my device is actually ahead of the Fast ring which doesn't make sense.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
The link to buildfeed in post #93 above shows 15254.12 released on 11-8 and 15254.13 released on 11-10. What's the deal with .13?

I just updated my 950 XL yesterday by quitting the insider program and I updated to .12, .13 isn't showing up.

I also restored my 950 using WDRT and updated through the progression of builds...a pain....and without joining insider and the phone updated to 15254.12.

I take it insider for mobile is done?

Where can I find the list of bug fixes that .12 was said to address?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb