Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 Discussion (Fast Ring)

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
No new features is not a deal breaker for me. But I hope we get future fast ring updates to fix things like battery life and the frustrating random resets. Surely fixing those would not be classed as new features?

Some of the random resets probably are related to bad battery contacts.
Try to pull the pins closer for a better steady contact...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Some of the random resets probably are related to bad battery contacts.
Try to pull the pins closer for a better steady contact...

I have even considered getting a new battery. It is two years old after all. It usually happens when the phone is locked and goes idle, and I am using it to listen to music via Groove, then I power the screen on and unlock it (and then it sometimes just resets).

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
No new features is not a deal breaker for me. But I hope we get future fast ring updates to fix things like battery life and the frustrating random resets. Surely fixing those would not be classed as new features?

Brandon LeBlanc assured everyone that there will be future Insider builds for W10M. And there's already a 15400 build in the pipeline (source). If feature are not the focus then surely battery life and stability is the focus

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Brandon LeBlanc assured everyone that there will be future Insider builds for W10M. And there's already a 15400 build in the pipeline (source). If feature are not the focus then surely battery life and stability is the focus

Thanks @milkyway. I heard about the 15400 build but then a writer on this site (Zac Bowden?) said in a Tweet that it was not for mobile? So I am not sure what to believe really. Any improvements on battery life and overall stability would be welcome though.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks @milkyway. I heard about the 15400 build but then a writer on this site (Zac Bowden?) said in a Tweet that it was not for mobile? So I am not sure what to believe really. Any improvements on battery life and overall stability would be welcome though.

I'm 100% sure that it is for mobile. It's from the feature2 branch so why shouldn't it be? Feature2 is only for W10M

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm 100% sure that it is for mobile. It's from the feature2 branch so why shouldn't it be? Feature2 is only for W10M

Here is what I am referring to. Right at the bottom you can see what Zac says. You are right though, it wouldn't make sense to not come to phones if it is the correct pathway.

Buildfeed.JPG

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I think Zac meant "Continuum 2.0 windowed mode" (referenced in the preceding reply) was not coming to Windows phones, not the build itself.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Since Windows Mobile is officially dead, I am trying to get used to W10 the way it is. I find it is OK these days with one glaring exception.... has anyone else had bluetooth disconnect some minutes after the phone screen turns off? Trouble is that when it disconnects (my earpiece says "phone one disconnected") the BT icon still shows and all audio is still routed to the now disconnected bluetooth connection. So no ring tones or notification sounds. The only way to restore normal operation is to reboot.

If I am the only one, I'll see if I can figure out why I am so "special". If I am not the only one, I guess all we can do is wait. And wait..... And yes, I have submitted feedback. No response from MS.

FWIW, I'm using a L950 on ATT with a Plantronics E500 earpiece. The E500 doesn't do this on Android or my Windows 10 laptop, and I'm pretty sure that this only started somewhere several builds ago but I can't say for sure.

Paul

Last edited:

eddlang

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It's buggy on lumia 640. I cannot add secondary MS accounts. They get added as "Accounts used by other apps" which makes them unmanageable and unable to change email sync settings.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I hope we get a new build soon. Buildfeed shows 15254.11 as the latest Feature2 build, if I am reading it correctly. That is quite a step back from 15400.

Well, 15254.11 is a cumulative update to the Fall Creators Update - and 15400 could be the next Insider build. Or not, only MS knows at this moment

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I too hope for an update soon... Camera and Maps app gave me some poorly timed malfunctions this last business trip:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99