Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 Discussion (Fast Ring)

13paul13

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
Mainly due to what I believe to have been an aging battery causing some problems with my 950 becoming unreliable and shutting down when the battery level went down to anywhere between 10% and 30%, along with Microsoft's effective confirmation that W10M is in maintenance mode, I did not bother replacing my battery, or getting a new W10M phone. Instead my 950's been in the drawer for quite some time, with me having replaced it with a brand new iPhone 7.

Yesterday, I was working on my SP4 in the back bedroom and wanted to watch some snooker via the monitor in the bedroom. Instead of getting my Chromecast from my downstairs TV and putting it in the monitor, then casting from my iPhone to it, I thought I'd dig out my 950 and watch the snooker via Edge in Continuum through the monitor.

Continuum just would not work! The app crashes instantly. Plugging the phone into my old Continuum adaptor set-up showed the "desktop" on the monitor, but the phone would not go into touchpad mode to let me control. Edge would only open on the phone.

I updated to the latest OS, 15254.12 (can't remember what I was on previously, but it was a Fast Ring build), but still the same issue.

Is Continuum now broken?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Mainly due to what I believe to have been an aging battery causing some problems with my 950 becoming unreliable and shutting down when the battery level went down to anywhere between 10% and 30%, along with Microsoft's effective confirmation that W10M is in maintenance mode, I did not bother replacing my battery, or getting a new W10M phone. Instead my 950's been in the drawer for quite some time, with me having replaced it with a brand new iPhone 7.

Yesterday, I was working on my SP4 in the back bedroom and wanted to watch some snooker via the monitor in the bedroom. Instead of getting my Chromecast from my downstairs TV and putting it in the monitor, then casting from my iPhone to it, I thought I'd dig out my 950 and watch the snooker via Edge in Continuum through the monitor.

Continuum just would not work! The app crashes instantly. Plugging the phone into my old Continuum adaptor set-up showed the "desktop" on the monitor, but the phone would not go into touchpad mode to let me control. Edge would only open on the phone.

I updated to the latest OS, 15254.12 (can't remember what I was on previously, but it was a Fast Ring build), but still the same issue.

Is Continuum now broken?

Are you able to reset the 950XL to test Continuum that way? I am sure it is most likely the phone itself.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Some rough news if stays true...no other details included yet.

https://twitter.com/Heathcliff74XDA/status/938528009719615489
giphy.gif

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Tomorrow is Patch Tuesday. It will be interesting to see if W10M will still cumulative updates every month going forward. We could either look at .17 or 124
Curiously .17 was later compiled than .124

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes we will get update

Sent from (iOK)

What evidence do you have that W10M will get an update also? If we do, and it turns out to be cumulative and not on the Fast Ring, like last time, then perhaps the rumours of the Insider Program ditching mobile is actually true.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
What evidence do you have that W10M will get an update also? If we do, and it turns out to be cumulative and not on the Fast Ring, like last time, then perhaps the rumours of the Insider Program ditching mobile is actually true.
Wait few hours you will know.

Sent from (iOK)

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

There are only cumulative updates to 15254 on Buildfeed, nothing with a higher number than 15254.

Heathcliff is the "best" hacker in the Windows Phone/Mobile world and he says the Insider program has ended.

I think that's enough proof to say it's only cumulative updates from here on out

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Almost done installing the latest update on my 950XL. I hope it fixes the bug where the 'add device' doesn't do anything in Bluetooth settings.

"We're getting there... and it will be worth the wait. You will now feel abandoned more smoothly."

Edit: YESSSS! Bluetooth problem fixed. Awesome.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb