Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 Discussion (Fast Ring)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So basically there is no difference between production and the insider program.

Ya seems the "rings" are interchangeable now. What is interesting too is that any phone I update to 15063.xxx immideately then wants to update to the FCU latest January release even if it is not supported or listed not supported for this version.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Random question, seeing as pretty much this is the only real 'active' thread for those still on W10M, but is Groove OneDrive music streaming still working? E.g. can you make a folder on OneDrive called 'Music', put your own songs on there and then sign in to Groove on your W10M device to see and stream the songs? No longer seems to work for me on my X3 (playing songs from SD card is fine) and I just wanted to know if anyone else had it still working.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think so. I have all my music on one drive. I sync most of it so that it is available offline though.

Now that you mentioned this I will test one that is not synced yet.
Edit: Just tried it. I can stream a file from groove that's online only. Do you get an error or it just fails to play?

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Works for me too. This is one of the reasons I keep Onedrive. My wife and I can both listen to all the music we have on Onedrive on our iPhones, Surface, etc.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I got it working again. I had to rename my OneDrive Music folder, move the music to the a new folder, called the new folder Music and delete the renamed folder. Took ages to sync but it seemed to sort itself out.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got it working again. I had to rename my OneDrive Music folder, move the music to the a new folder, called the new folder Music and delete the renamed folder. Took ages to sync but it seemed to sort itself out.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot, because I haven't been able to get this to work for a while now. Did you do the renaming etc online, or locally with the onedrive app running?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give that a shot, because I haven't been able to get this to work for a while now. Did you do the renaming etc online, or locally with the onedrive app running?

I renamed it whilst being logged in to OneDrive on my PC and used the OneDrive website to rename it. It took ages to update though and I had to keep opening and closing Groove on my phone because it would only import about 250 songs at a time from OneDrive. So, after it did that (and said all song were imported - which was a lie). I closed Groove, opened it and left it at the forefront with my finger on the screen to stop the phone sleeping. Eventually, after a day and a half, all my OneDrive music is back on my X3.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I renamed it whilst being logged in to OneDrive on my PC and used the OneDrive website to rename it. It took ages to update though and I had to keep opening and closing Groove on my phone because it would only import about 250 songs at a time from OneDrive. So, after it did that (and said all song were imported - which was a lie). I closed Groove, opened it and left it at the forefront with my finger on the screen to stop the phone sleeping. Eventually, after a day and a half, all my OneDrive music is back on my X3.

Neat! I may want to try this later. Tks

On a humorous note, you do know that you can defeat the sleep function, right? It beats having to spend a day and a half keeping a finger on the screen to avoid the phone from sleeping.[ :smile: I know, I know...I just couldn't resist! LOL]

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Neat! I may want to try this later. Tks

On a humorous note, you do know that you can defeat the sleep function, right? It beats having to spend a day and a half keeping a finger on the screen to avoid the phone from sleeping.[ :smile: I know, I know...I just couldn't resist! LOL]
By default the x3 has a max timeout for the screen lock of 30 min only.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Bummer! I thought Interop Tools would work on the x3 also. I think that's what allowed for "Never" to become an available option in my L1020.

This is why I had to keep my finger on the screen. As amusing as it sounds. Even the NoSleep app doesn't seem to change this on the X3. Can you at least use Interops Tools on the X3 to turn off the camera shutter sound?

Cool, thanks for the suggestion!

Good luck. If it works, let us know.

In other news, BuildFeed now shows this:

10.0.15254.212 (feature2.180126-1700).

This is a canary build. Does that mean that we still may get an updated build soon?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This is why I had to keep my finger on the screen. As amusing as it sounds. Even the NoSleep app doesn't seem to change this on the X3. Can you at least use Interops Tools on the X3 to turn off the camera shutter sound?

Good luck. If it works, let us know.

In other news, BuildFeed now shows this:

10.0.15254.212 (feature2.180126-1700).

This is a canary build. Does that mean that we still may get an updated build soon?

I can only repeat the official update policy of MS: We will get updates to W10M 1709 till 2019 or 2020.
These updates will include bugfixes and security updates, but no new features. So, yes, we will get new builds. Just no Insider builds and no builds that up the build number above 15254

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I can only repeat the official update policy of MS: We will get updates to W10M 1709 till 2019 or 2020.
These updates will include bugfixes and security updates, but no new features. So, yes, we will get new builds. Just no Insider builds and no builds that up the build number above 15254

Well, I guess you were right.

Insider Program is all over for mobile.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-program-has-come-end-not-bang-whimper

We all expected this though. Kind of harsh that anyone who wants to revert to Production (not sure why because it's the same as Insider) still has to completely reformat their device.

It's been a great ride. Luckily we still get something though, like you said, @milkyway.

If MS did let us somehow flash Android (never) then that would at least be something.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Ryujingt3
So gus33000 released a new update for the store version of Interop Tools. You can still use provider extensions, which I would recommend using if you do not want to push cab files to your Elite X3, but there is a new option (Experiemental) and it uses the local devices runtime components. So essentially all Nokia models would have full registy access using the new updated store version.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, I guess you were right.

Insider Program is all over for mobile.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-program-has-come-end-not-bang-whimper

We all expected this though. Kind of harsh that anyone who wants to revert to Production (not sure why because it's the same as Insider) still has to completely reformat their device.

It's been a great ride. Luckily we still get something though, like you said, @milkyway.

If MS did let us somehow flash Android (never) then that would at least be something.

As far as I know you don't have to format your device to jump off the Insider train. Just choose the option "Keep giving me builds until the next Windows release"

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know you don't have to format your device to jump off the Insider train. Just choose the option "Keep giving me builds until the next Windows release"

Right. And I'm probably wrong, but if there will be no more Insider Builds it's better to be on Production, right? In case Insider has some bugs or something. That's just my opinion. I did today notice that Groove Music got an update and we can now sync via OneDrive inside the Settings menu. That was removed and they seems to have put it back.

This may help you, @Joe920. You can also manage your OneDrive music straight from the Groove Music app too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss