New Store looks nice, but no excitement...

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I like improvements in the new Store (11709.1001.25.0), now called "Microsoft Store", with the new icon and all cosmetic changes, but there is no any real excitement with such stuff since they killed W10M.

I'm just feeling unhappy with my L950XL now when it's clear that it will not become any better regarding new features or app updates or anything.

I'm also not ready to switch to iOS/Android.

Microsoft is really hurting us with all this...

Hey, Mr Nadella, f*** you!

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I like improvements in the new Store (11709.1001.25.0), now called "Microsoft Store", with the new icon and all cosmetic changes, but there is no any real excitement with such stuff since they killed W10M.

I'm just feeling unhappy with my L950XL now when it's clear that it will not become any better regarding new features or app updates or anything.

I'm also not ready to switch to iOS/Android.

Microsoft is really hurting us with all this...

Hey, Mr Nadella, f*** you!

As for the Store - Would be nice if there were "last updated" info (date) for apps, and a proper change-log of the improvement(s). The ability to search for apps designed for W10M only. Or the ability to REMOVE an app from "My Library" rather than JUST hiding it. These aspects should be a given but no one at MSFT seems to be able to figure that out, maybe if they'd advance beyond kindergarten level that would help.

The Store may be getting prettier but still needs much finessing. Has been very inconsistent for me lately on both mobile and PC, sometimes it'll whip through downloading and updating apps then at other times, takes eons to search or complete downloads - or not at all.

Oh I hear you about the disappointment but nothing we can do. Been toying with my 950 (on 1709 Release Preview) for the past week and what disappoints me mostly, all these updates, improvements, and bug fixes fail to bring it up to a level we thinks it's capable of. Still dealing w/same old, resuming, delays, sluggishness, transitional screen flash/flicker, and so on. IMHO, the 950 with its specs, still falls short of a similar spec'd late-2015 phone - Said this before, my 7 month older LG G4 feels waaaay smoother than our 950 and they are both nearly identically spec'd - plus the G4 has tons more functionality for my use because of the app availability.

Yup, Microsoft screwed up royally and it is evident they don't give a rats behind about the consumer. And obviously they have too much money to burn as the way I look at it, they USED the consumer for their Mobile testing then pulled the rug from beneath them.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree about Store, and I agree about everything you said.

I'll probably switch to Android some day, but I'll not install any Microsoft app on it.

Edit: And I'll exit Insider program on PC and never do this all again.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
As many of you have pointed out. Sure the store is nice and all. Though it still missing key features to make it useful. Last updated and proper remove of old out of date apps in library. Among so many things. Looking at apps designed for Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile only would be an awesome feature though not going to happen.

I left insider on my pc and on my phone. Fall creator update makes my poor 7 year old pc slow. With no way to turn off game mode that worse.

Though as for myself and my Lumia 950. I just can't grip how Microsoft just messed up badly. I remember Windows mobile 5.0 had a blast back in the day.

Im still using my Lumia 950 as its all i have. Don't have spare money to buy a new phone. It's why i wish the bootloader was unlock. This phone would rock android like cake.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Im still using my Lumia 950 as its all i have. Don't have spare money to buy a new phone. It's why i wish the bootloader was unlock. This phone would rock android like cake.

Feel for you as I'm using my 950 because we can, obviously there are some aspects that keep drawing me back now and then otherwise It'd never see the light of day. Luckily I have three Androids that I can fall back on when things become too daunting which usually doesn't take overly long.

Getting back to the Store - For me it has always been a focal-point and really highlights MSFT's dismal efforts. Not sure I can honestly say there was ever a time we didn't say to ourselves "what the heck are they doing" (putting it nicely LOL), as it's been irksome on every launch. Also finding Windows Store on PC hasn't fared much better either.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused - is this about the new store design or a rant about W10M? :wink:
The new store looks ugly on mobile. All this gray stuff is hurting my eyes

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
As Windows 10 Mobile is dead now, it's first time I wish my Lumia can install and run Android OS. L950XL is nice piece of hardware (several other Lumias too) and it would be great if someone can make this possible. I'm not optimistic, just dreaming...

We worked together with Microsoft "to build better OS", submitted a millions of bugs, suggestions, great ideas... and now what we have? We have dead OS and dead devices. We are extremely stupid people. :)

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
As Windows 10 Mobile is dead now, it's first time I wish my Lumia can install and run Android OS. L950XL is nice piece of hardware (several other Lumias too) and it would be great if someone can make this possible. I'm not optimistic, just dreaming...

We worked together with Microsoft "to build better OS", submitted a millions of bugs, suggestions, great ideas... and now what we have? We have dead OS and dead devices. We are extremely stupid people. :)

Good lord, once is enough! Did you have to post this in every thread?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos