2nd phone sim has disappeared on my 950 XL DS after 15264.158

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
My second phone (sim 2) tile has disappeared from my home screen on my 950 XL DS.
This has only happened after updating to fast ring 15264.158
But I still see options for the second phone (sim 2) in Network & Wireless --> Cellular & Data.
Does ne1 have any suggestions to correct this?

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay this happened to me when I was on a trip, one of my sims simply quit working and it baffled me. In messing with the phone I eventually pulled the sims out swapped them and then swapped them back, and when I did, everything went back to normal, I cant tell you why but whatever was going on it cleared it up.
Try pulling and resetting them?

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay this happened to me when I was on a trip, one of my sims simply quit working and it baffled me. In messing with the phone I eventually pulled the sims out swapped them and then swapped them back, and when I did, everything went back to normal, I cant tell you why but whatever was going on it cleared it up.
Try pulling and resetting them?
Thanks. I've tried to do what you did but the problem is still there. And when I slide across from the home screen to the the alphabetical listings of apps, it shows only one phone app instead of two.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I've tried to do what you did but the problem is still there. And when I slide across from the home screen to the the alphabetical listings of apps, it shows only one phone app instead of two.

Update:
I tried your method once again and after restting, it worked but this time I did not update the phone app which may be causing the problem on my phone. So far, so good.

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Good, I hope it stays fixed. I wonder what causes that to happen, and why removing and resetting the sim helps. Maybe it has some kind of static buildup that gets discharged when we disconnect the sim. Has me wondering.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
My second phone (sim 2) tile has disappeared from my home screen on my 950 XL DS.
This has only happened after updating to fast ring 15264.158
But I still see options for the second phone (sim 2) in Network & Wireless --> Cellular & Data.
Does ne1 have any suggestions to correct this?
It's an update on the phone app. The app has been merged into one instead of two different apps or tiles. There is now a pull down menu to select the sim you would want to use on the top right side which shows the sim or network names. You just have to select the sim or network you want to call with. It happened to me and later figured it out that it's an update. I did the resetting and avoided the phone app update but automatic update will update it eventually. But I think it's a nice update. It now merge all your call logs into one. Just try it and get used to it.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Good, I hope it stays fixed. I wonder what causes that to happen, and why removing and resetting the sim helps. Maybe it has some kind of static buildup that gets discharged when we disconnect the sim. Has me wondering.
It's an update on the phone app. The app has been merged into one instead of two different apps or tiles. There is now a pull down menu to select the sim you would want to use on the top right side which shows the sim or network names. You just have to select the sim or network you want to call with. It happened to me and later figured it out that it's an update. I did the resetting and avoided the phone app update but automatic update will update it eventually. But I think it's a nice update. It now merge all your call logs into one. Just try it and get used to it.
It's labeled "Call using"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism