W10M - New features listed (compared to WP8.1)

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I would like to hear more about caldav/carddav support, if at all.

My work is going to enable carddav next month but caldav does not work correctly with the icloud hack on WP8.1 on my Lumia 640.

I can see the events but I can't edit/delete/create new ones. Only from my normal outlook client or from another caldav client that works.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones - list of new features

I can still send any file I want via bluetooth in WP8.1. but question is can I find any file received via bluetooth? Or it gets vanished as like WP8.1?
It should be in a folder called received when using the files so in 8.1. In 10 it should be in the file explorer app.

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
May I ask - have anyone noticed changes in SMS delivery notifications system compare to WP8? (I havent tried W10TP). Thank you.

adax_3

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
No change in build 10512 as for SMS notifications. I am waiting already from WP7, I hope till W12M they will finally implement it :wink:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
May I ask - have anyone noticed changes in SMS delivery notifications system compare to WP8? (I havent tried W10TP). Thank you.
Well you can reply in the notification like in iOS 8. But I think you are talking about the screen that tells you that you text has been delivered. In that case, that hasn't changed

windowshopper23

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Question about Android apk side loading on WM10. With Apple Music coming to Android sometime this fall. Won't windows phone users be able to side-load that apk and have that service on Windows Phone?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys, is it weird that I don't have some of the features. For example, I don't have the brightness slider (I have low,mid,high,auto), I don't have the 'swipe up on a photo to show details', and so on.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If you hold the brightness toggle, does it not take you to settings, where a brightness slider is available? As for the 'slide up on a photo, I think I heard some complaints about that having been taken out. Same for new tile sizes, I think those are gone. I'll update the list.

It does take me to display settings, but there I can only see a drop down menu with Low, Medium, and High available.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if it's new, but has anyone noticed that if you double tap a blank area I the navigation bar you can turn your display off? Just like double tap to wake.

SalmanA

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Leaked Minor features list for Windows 10 Mobile details: Part-1

When we talk to Microsoft about new features coming to Windows 10 Mobile, They say "Mobile is feature complete at the moment we are improving the performance of the operating system"
As we reported earlier Microsoft is going to release Windows 10 Mobile sometime late October, this makes clear no new features are coming.
So question remains, What small and major changes/features are coming to W10M about which we still not aware

1- Background downloading in third party apps:
We not always use the apps from Microsoft as they have less features compared to the third party apps. But in Windows phone 8.1 there were some limitations in background downloading for any app in 2G network, lets take UC Browser as an example, suppose you use 2G network for downloading files in UC but there is a issue you can't download the file in background and you can not lock your screen if you do so download will corrupted or stuck where lock your devices, This is not because UC team not developed this feature, as there was a flaw in Windows phone system which cause the limitations of networks in any app. But these things is now past, In Windows 10 Microsoft has already solved this issue and developers need to use the new API which is available in SDK. As of now UC team will release their WM10 app as soon a Microsoft release it to public.
#NOTE: Microsoft added these new background downloading API's in W10 SDK.. So i requesting all of you guys to send Feedback to all known 3rd party app developers to include these new API's in their W10M app or updates.. Just let them know about these new API's..

2- Applock feature (PIN & Pattern):
This the most important feature for any Windows Phone user, One of our sources say this feature will be available as an app from Windows store some time soon. According to the source the app can lock any Apps,game,messaging hub and even some important settings.

3- Backup apps, game, setting, contact, messaging etc to SD card:
As we know Microsoft made an app called Contacts+Messages backup. This app is available for Windows Phone 8.1 but not working on WM10. Most of us do not have a Wifi connection to backup apps to OneDrive, Therefore Microsoft is considering to backup free apps and games to sd card. But this feature will not backup paid app to SD Card.
Also you can share Apps n games to any other W10M phone using any file sharing app like Xender, ShareIt, Zapya etc...

4- Better content loading in Store and Edge browser:
If you use 2G on your Windows Phone and try to browse using 2G network you might be struggled with loading time, And Microsoft is working to fix out these issues.

5- Clear Data option in Storage(For Apps/Games):
You might have notice that Windows 10 Mobile takes about 4 gb of storage space, and there is no option to clear data of apps and games, At last finally Microsoft is working to add to clear data features in storage.

6- USB Tethering:
If your Lumia supports 4G and want to share Internet over USB to your computer. Then there is good news that in future Microsoft is going to add this feature.

You might be getting excited about seeing the list of small changes and want to know when they are coming, But we don't have any release date of these feature, as you know this year Microsoft is polishing the OS, so don't expect them to come this year, Microsoft will introduce this feature in Early next year or in Build 2016.
Also note that these are not all only features which will be coming.. This is just Part-1 of leaks. There are more features which we are including in Part-2 of this article..
For more features Leaks( Part- 2 of W10M features) stay tuned and visit windowsnews.in

Source: Windowsnews.in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss