W10M - New features listed (compared to WP8.1)

dazzler1972

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones - list of new features

its still in the cortonia menu to activate but has been turning itself off on my lumia 635 a few times for no reason

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

Just gonna wait for my 930 to upgrade, from what I've heard and seen it seem pretty stable

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

So, if the "new" action center is supposed to be a complete copy of Android, couldn't they have done it with 8.1 already? Lol

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 for Phones - list of new features

Is there finally separate volume slider for alarms and ability to add vibration along sound in alarms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ayush Sharma India

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

i installed windows 10 on my phone, to my surprise it had some of the features as described in the official video by Joe, but it didn't have latest office and mail client the same old previous, otherwise its awesome.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I think, but this needs confirming, that when you use the edit box voice dictation, there is a nice feature:

If it gets a word wrong in a dictated sentence, when you click on the word the auto-complete line shows other possible interpretations of the word for you to select to easily correct its mistake.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I think it now uses the 'Nokia' camera app by default, right?

I had Lumia Camera and the built in Camera. By default my phone was set to use Lumia Camera, but I switched to Camera.

Boy the new Camera app fast! Almost instant. Once loaded it is instant (from quick access toolbar).

Tech King

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Yes, is is still linked to Cortana but t is only accessible via Cortana settings... its not in General settings at the present

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I think, but this needs confirming, that when you use the edit box voice dictation, there is a nice feature:

If it gets a word wrong in a dictated sentence, when you click on the word the auto-complete line shows other possible interpretations of the word for you to select to easily correct its mistake.

Cortana does this in 8.1. But yes it is true.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I don't have the W10 desktop preview. So I never used the new Universal apps. The Calculator is a beast now! Has damn near every possible calculator you will ever need
Well, I'd like to see a financial calculator, with options for amortizations, etc. I also want to see it have a tip calculator as part of it.

Consider it confirmed.

Last edited:

mrruz

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Well, I'd like to see a financial calculator, with options for amortizations, etc. I also want to see it have a top calculator as part of it.

Consider it confirmed.

Get the 12c emulator. Works great

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Get the 12c emulator. Works great

Well, was hoping to get away from 3rd party calculator apps. I've had about 4 installed. I'm now able to uninstall 2 of them. I still have to have the financial calculator and the tip calculator.

hkdrj

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

In the Photos Hub when you select multiple files, it?s possible to select videos too. Previously it was not possible to select/delete multiple videos at once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos