W10M - New features listed (compared to WP8.1)

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones - list of new features

There is also a vertical tile size available in addition to the big 4x4. So far I have only found it present in for the People tile but it is indeed there. Try changing the tile size of the People app. One of them is a 90 degree rotation of double-wide!!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

There is also a vertical tile size available in addition to the big 4x4. So far I have only found it present in for the People tile but it is indeed there. Try changing the tile size of the People app. One of them is a 90 degree rotation of double-wide!!
Huh, I saw that somewhere and I thought the person meant 4x4. A vertical tile, that's a first in the entire windows ecosystem right?

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 a complete makeover?

They specifically said in the blog post that the majority of the work in this TP went into the foundation and the UI changes are coming later. Anyone who thinks that the current state is an indication of the final UI is being foolish.

Can't really comment on something that does not exist, so comments are about what is there, whether it is liked or not.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

Huh, I saw that somewhere and I thought the person meant 4x4. A vertical tile, that's a first in the entire windows ecosystem right?

Yes, this is a first for the entire Windows ecosystem unless you consider those registry hacks in W10 desktop from ~November where people "turned on" an early Continuum feature that showed a strangely formatted start menu with vertical live tiles.

goldenpipes

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

- Skype and other messaging integration (again).

​This isn't there yet is it?

I know the reply from the notification functionality is there and it works really nicely. But the "messaging Hub" feature of the skype/fb/sms all in one was great on wp7. I cant wait for that to return. I hope more services will be available to integrate into the messaging app (AIM, whatsapp, etc.)

goldenpipes

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Not sure - at this point I'm almost too embarrassed to admit that I haven't installed the preview. :D (L1520 user..)

Gotcha. Well I can confirm that the messaging app integration isn't there yet. But the reply from notification center is.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha. Well I can confirm that the messaging app integration isn't there yet. But the reply from notification center is.
Thanks, moved to the 'not yet' section as 'Universal messaging app'. Apparently this will be a store app, not included in OS. It still feels like part of the Win10/WP10 push so I'll leave it in the list.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

The item "dictation via keyboard anywhere you can type (Speech To Text, STT)".

This could possibly be renamed "Continuous dictation via keyboard anywhere you can type (Speech To Text, STT)"

Unlike older Cortana, if you pause it does a full stop and listens for the next sentence. You can also speak grammar "comma" etc. inline. It understands the context of numbers like "2", "too", to" etc. It is very much a big step up in continuous dictation.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

is it just me or can you not save images from IE to make them into your background? i try saving an image and yet it doesn't appear in my SD card nor the photos app.

razvanfaget

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Hello everybody. I have a question, I know it's dumb but I own Lumia 920 and can't test this for mysefl. Does the new operating sistem introduce the "ongoing call waiting notification" featrure? I hope I didn't post on the wrong page. Thank you.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Windows 10 for Phones Preview includes a Search App which is like universal search service which can find documents, music, images and videos residing on your phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett