W10M - New features listed (compared to WP8.1)

deepth

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones - list of new features

Long pressing on notification center shortcuts (Bluetooth,wifi,location etc.) goes to their respective settings

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

you can share any file u want...through bluetooth also. awesome.
u can send pdf through mail, can send mp3 through mail or BT, directly from explorer. all the sharing barriers are apparently removed.

TheAquila

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 a complete makeover?

They specifically said in the blog post that the majority of the work in this TP went into the foundation and the UI changes are coming later. Anyone who thinks that the current state is an indication of the final UI is being foolish.

So there's still a chance that the "exploding" live tiles will make an appearance?

Stubbing

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Isn't it new also, that the default video player allows scrubbing? Atleast I think it has changed?

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 a complete makeover?

what about find my phone feature for windows phone like find my iphone/ipad that make phone usuless if dont have the email adress

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

I know we'll be seeing a new email client eventually, but the old one also has been updated to allow attaching files from file explorer (finally).

rpkay

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

Is there a Bluetooth/Received files folder by default? And during sending or receiving via Bluetooth, the banner/notification still appear at the top till it gets done?

Sachin A

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Default Video app now plays .mkv files also....TRY it friends...It works...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

Not really anything to show. It's the same paper clip icon, but instead of going to photos automatically, it pops up a list of apps. Photos, Camera, OneDrive, File Explorer, and any third party apps you have installed (which for me was just MEGA). Once you pick the app, you can pick any file from the app.

​Edit: Now that I try it in OneDrive though, at least certain file types are an issue. I am getting a bunch of "This location doesn't the types of files required by the app." It seems it's in the works at least though.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Those who have Windows 10 for phones. I need help. I can't find "Apps Corner" in settings. Any of you guys having any luck finding it?

quantum1990

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Quick question to all who has installed W10 mobile preview. Has MS implemented the ability to print web pages from IE thus far? Hoping they manage to bring this feature in by the time W10 is released :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05