W10M - New features listed (compared to WP8.1)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones - list of new features

Quick question to all who has installed W10 mobile preview. Has MS implemented the ability to print web pages from IE thus far? Hoping they manage to bring this feature in by the time W10 is released :)

Not seen printing anywhere.

Would be a good add-on to "Sharing" - share to a local printer :)

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Question people, in settings under system there is a speech feature. There is Text to speech and can select either Microsoft Mark or Microsoft Zira. The description says this is what you phone sounds like when it talks to you and it won't affect Cortana. Sooo.... When has the phone talked to anyone and it wasn't Cortana, because so everything I've tried is Cortana.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Ok found another feature. In Internet Explorer, If you click the tab button. It'll show you the tab not only on your phone, but you can access tabs from all you connected devices. I have a surface and my desktop connected with my account and I was able to access tab favorites from those various devices through the tabs.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

Question people, in settings under system there is a speech feature. There is Text to speech and can select either Microsoft Mark or Microsoft Zira. The description says this is what you phone sounds like when it talks to you and it won't affect Cortana. Sooo.... When has the phone talked to anyone and it wasn't Cortana, because so everything I've tried is Cortana.

​I believe this only affects the Narrator Ease-of-Access feature (which isn't even present in this build).

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Ok found another feature. In Internet Explorer, If you click the tab button. It'll show you the tab not only on your phone, but you can access tabs from all you connected devices. I have a surface and my desktop connected with my account and I was able to access tab favorites from those various devices through the tabs.
On WP8.1 I can hit the 'tabs' button, and it will show me open tabs (header 'phone'), but there is a second pivot (!) labeled 'other' which hoses recent tabs from my other devices. Is that what you mean? Can you share a screenshot?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Here is another minor feature but very important to me.
Copied text now don't disappear after locking the phone.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

- Word Flow now supports other languages than English.
- Message alerts (toast alerts) work differently, you can no longer swipe to the right to remove it. There is now an app icon.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Copied text now don't disappear after locking the phone.

- Word Flow now supports other languages than English.
- Message alerts (toast alerts) work differently, you can no longer swipe to the right to remove it. There is now an app icon.

In WP 8.1 ,there was a limit upto which we could select photos, now that limit has been removed in W 10
I haven't seen these mentioned very much, can anyone confirm?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Looks like bluetooth keyboards are happening. They just showed (and demoed?) a new foldable bluetooth KB for use with a WP10 phone. Also works with Android and iOS.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
LED notifications are supported by the OS its just that no hardware vendors are taking advantage of it. So complain to OEMs if you want that so bad. Me im good with glance and double tap.

I didn't complain, I just said its available in the next build. Learn to read and understand, before posting.
:)

And no, currently its not supported software wise.

You are happy with glance and double tap? Well, you are not the only one using a Windows Phone , so opinions may vary and more features are always good to an OS.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12