Share your W10M Start Screens and Backgrounds!

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
For some reason TimeMe Tile has stopped syncing my weather. I noticed it on Nicholas Maguire's image as well. That's the N/A! under the battery percentage. Anyone know how to get that working again, or do we have to wait for an update?

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
For some reason TimeMe Tile has stopped syncing my weather. I noticed it on Nicholas Maguire's image as well. That's the N/A! under the battery percentage. Anyone know how to get that working again, or do we have to wait for an update?

In the past, an update is needed to get things communicating with the servers again. This has always been the issue with TimeMe. I like the app but the update intervals need improving and the sync issues need an overhaul.

A reset may jump start the app again.

If only Microsoft would add some basic features to the Weather app. Grrr.

allegoricpig13

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
A white option in colours would be a good addition as well.

I think the transparency tiles are not implemented correctly. Instead of increasing/decreasing the transparency level, we should be able to increase/decrease blurryness level. This way, you would have different options: completely transparent tiles (which in most cases look weird unless you pin less than 5 apps on the startscreen), normal transparency and the more you move the cursor, the blurrier it gets. Why? To keep the image in the background distinguishable without disturbing the legibility of the screen. It would look more polished/refined than then basic transparency we have at the moment. Depending on the image you put in the background, you have to sacrifice either legibility or looks. A little bit like what was done in this concept by Moises David Perez Naranjo:

View attachment 120442

After a while, I find that the basic transparency effect is boring and does not serve its purpose well: adding more pop to the startscreen while being classy/sober. That's just MY opinion of course. I know that other people like to pin everything on the startscreen they are totally fine with it. ;)

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20160126_0001.jpg

Here's mine as of right now. I'm a custom car guy, so I wanted to blend the tiles with the photo tile. After looking through a lot of these screens, I think I may do some rearranging!

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Man, I'm digging that screen! What is that in the top left with your pic and START? Is that the new W10 Me Tile or something made from Group Tiles, etc...? Does it function when you press it, or is it just a pic? And the Windows logo on the top right? Actually, just tell us how you did the whole damn screen! :D lol

Love the visual effect the gradient has when scrolling, I keep coming back to this wallpaper.

aienjell

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Man, I'm digging that screen! What is that in the top left with your pic and START? Is that the new W10 Me Tile or something made from Group Tiles, etc...? Does it function when you press it, or is it just a pic? And the Windows logo on the top right? Actually, just tell us how you did the whole damn screen! :D lol

Thanks. The round profile pic at the top left is just my contact pinned at the smallest tile size so I guess it's like having the Me tile again and I used the HeaderTiles app for "start" and the windows logo on the top right. The bottom part of the start screen looks like it was cut out before it was uploaded, I'll try to post it again with the wallpaper.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss