Share your W10M Start Screens and Backgrounds!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Sick look! Can't wait for the build for my L930 :) I adore what we'll be able to do with our start screens, also other new features are slick! Very nice job Microsoft! :excited:

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Love what I see. But I have some questions; what do you guys mean by "skinned tiles"? And also, I see on some 8.1 devices that all tiles are transparent , is there an app to achieve this? Thanks for your responses.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Love what I see. But I have some questions; what do you guys mean by "skinned tiles"? And also, I see on some 8.1 devices that all tiles are transparent , is there an app to achieve this? Thanks for your responses.

No...this is what a windows phone 8.1 update brought
There is no application

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It's really a hot or miss with new the background. Although, it's been at alot of misses for me. Ha! I've seen some cool backgrounds on this thread.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm know transparent tiles came in WP8.1 but not all tiles are transparent. Like Twitter. But I see some start screens here with Twitter transparent.
I think they have windows10...Because this thread is indicating that windows 10 start screen starts screen and background...lol

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
To all you guys messing with W10, can your background picture display like it does in WP8.1? So the gaps between the Tiles display no picture as shown in Ma Rio where there's the white background? Or does it only have the Tiles sitting on top of the background picture?

Cheers!

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
To all you guys messing with W10, can your background picture display like it does in WP8.1? So the gaps between the Tiles display no picture as shown in Ma Rio where there's the white background? Or does it only have the Tiles sitting on top of the background picture?

Cheers!

Currently you can achieve the effect seen on my picture. You have to set the it up in WP 8.1, and then upgrade to W10 (no other way to do it).
If you change anything you will switch to the new layout, and can't revert to the old one.

However, both options will be available in the future, so you can chose which one you like better.

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Good to know, I like having the tiles resemble windows that allow you to 'peek' into the picture, I think it's an awesome effect!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster