Share your W10M Start Screens and Backgrounds!

firdausikal

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
1ea8b65d7925dbfd87ef3e816da61894.png

I like the four-tile column, and the simple one. I am happy with this setup <3

Jae Melo

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I haven't been on this side of the fence since WinMo 6.5. Kind of happy I left both iOS and Android for this. The UI is a refreshing change.

4L6usR.png

CcEKnR.png

Last edited:

Marek Gronowski

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, after few months of struggling with live tiles I found that they make me fell like I was not in ownership of my own desktop/phone. You know the feeling when you first time stared WIN 8 and straight away there was this thing in your head, why I cannot place these bloody rectangles where I want, where are all the icons gone, why I cannot arrange my own desktop as I want. I had the feeling almost every day I finally I released (by using android devices) that I want normal icons. I stayed with my Lumia as I used to fix things not swap them, but to be honest with you I am very close to swapping mi WP for android.

Now This Is how I work Now:

wp_ss_20160415_0003.png

wp_ss_20160415_0001.png

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, after few months of struggling with live tiles I found that they make me fell like I was not in ownership of my own desktop/phone. You know the feeling when you first time stared WIN 8 and straight away there was this thing in your head, why I cannot place these bloody rectangles where I want, where are all the icons gone, why I cannot arrange my own desktop as I want. I had the feeling almost every day I finally I released (by using android devices) that I want normal icons. I stayed with my Lumia as I used to fix things not swap them, but to be honest with you I am very close to swapping mi WP for android.

Let me start off by saying that the choice of mobile device that each person uses is just that, a choice. There is no right or wrong answer. So if you feel that the Android ecosystem better suits your needs and wants then that is where you should go. It's not an Us vs Them mentality, or at least is shouldn't be. In the end, the mobile device is just another tool that is used to fill a role in your digital life. Each ecosystem has its perks and its shortcomings. Find the one that works best for you and enjoy the experience.

Back to the comment you posted: It seems to me that you have the control over your phone's Start screen, since you've picked your tile sizes and layout to minimize the Live Tile appearance and maximize the number of tiles on the screen. You can turn off the Live Tile functionality on the desktop from the context menu for each tile. As far as I know, there is not yet a similar function for the mobile version of the OS. Still, reducing the tiles to the smaller sizes does tend to leave you with just the icon of the app, and sometimes an additional numeric notification on top of the tile for certain apps. In the end, I think it is easier to make W10M look more like Android than the other way around. I haven't ever used anything other than Windows Phone, so I really have no idea what can be done with the look and feel of either Android or iOS phones.

aienjell

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Saw this awesome pic and had to finally change my start screen! Lost a lot of live tiles to accommodate the image(moved them to a single folder below MJ) but well worth it for now, lol. Only have to find some good Spiderman sounds for notifications to complete the theme "thwip".

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160417_0005.jpg
    wp_ss_20160417_0005.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 15
  • wp_ss_20160417_0006.jpg
    wp_ss_20160417_0006.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member