Share your W10M Start Screens and Backgrounds!

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Trying out two wide tiles on my 5 " screen -
(Updated from previous screenshot where text size was too big and was looking untidy )

wp_ss_20160819_0003.png

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Nah, you are just phishing for more Likes.

I won't even go there on my 6" Lumia 1520. Me eyes are too old.

I have reverted back to my normal 3 medium tiles in a row today because could not manage text size in start screen,Settings & messages - either too small or too big.Also battery % on pulling down action centre was too small. Missing the inbuilt Battery Saver app tile in 8.1 which updated with change of % .
Overall the tile size on my phone is bigger on W10 than it was on 8.1.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Does battery last longer with dark theme than with light theme ?

Only if you have a phone with an AMOLED display like the 930, 730/735, 650, 950& 950 XL. Otherwise, it makes no difference.
I have tried to use the light theme when I had a 735 and my battery was done in 22 hours. Dark theme, it lasted much longer.

Bato_PL

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Mine on Lumia 950xl DS, still do not know how to change the color of second sim tile, any suggestions?
mbV67rt.jpg

Wysłane za pomocą mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
still do not know how to change the color of second sim tile, any suggestions?

What happens is that Phone[SUP]1[/SUP] / Messaging[SUP]1[/SUP] match your theme and then Phone[SUP]2[/SUP] / Messaging[SUP]2[/SUP] get assigned a "complimentary" color automatically.

You could use a solid wallpaper and make your tiles transparent...

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
What happens is that Phone[SUP]1[/SUP] / Messaging[SUP]1[/SUP] match your theme and then Phone[SUP]2[/SUP] / Messaging[SUP]2[/SUP] get assigned a "complimentary" color automatically.

You could use a solid wallpaper and make your tiles transparent...

I like the way they do that.

But another suggestion if you don't is to merge your tiles together. This is in the settings for messaging and in the settings for phone. This will allow you to have just one tile for each but you can still see which calls and messages come from each sim within the apps.

Bato_PL

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
But another suggestion if you don't is to merge your tiles together. This is in the settings for messaging and in the settings for phone. This will allow you to have just one tile for each but you can still see which calls and messages come from each sim within the apps.

I've already try this, but when you join the phone tiles, calling using different sim ( switching between them) is not very friendly. It's a pity that MS did not create two separate buttons for calling (once you of course join the tiles), but you have to first choose what card and that hit "call". I would definitely love to see two phone icons on the numeric dial pad.

Wysłane za pomocą mTalk

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, dumb question. How do you get the black background? Is it a wallpaper you downloaded?

Go to Settings/Personalization/Start ... under 'Choose style' tick 'Tile picture'. Yes the background is one I've downloaded (and blurred via a program on my desktop).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077