W10M User Reviews and Impressions!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to change the contacts pictures from circles back to squares? I hate the Google+ look.
One of the dumbest things MS did, Yeah, I get polling customers and doing what the majority say but the majority more often than not regrets what they wished for; just look at our elected officials. Plus the majority are not experts on ergonomics or aesthetics, etc. You need to have people who are competent decide which customer "likes" work well with the rest of the whole. Not to mention I have a bunch of square headed friends. So when someone like David Coultard calls, I don't know who it is anymore with all four corners of his face lopped off.

Buenri

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same exact issue, after a week of working perfectly my phone starts not responding, not opening apps, need a lot of time to do anything and overheats significantly.

At the end decided to hard reset and now it is working as it is supposed, I guess that some task might get stuck and makes the phone to not work properly. I hope a new build resolves this issue, because hard reseting is a pain in the ***.

monster5

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Reviews and Impressions

after 2 days on lumia 920

after the update (from 8.1 directly to 10536 ) i did a hard reset.

first: day everything looks great and smooth

second day : i noticed a delay in showing the time and date in the lock screen and a delay to unlock the screen with pin code, some times after i unlock the screen all the tabs show no icons only colors for a while, and the resuming screen shows some times.

in one hand mode you can't scroll to the end of the start screen or the app list

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
If these builds are doing something then they degenerate over time. I wonder how they achieved it :D It usually happens when I do not turn off the phone for a while. So I guess it could be a memory management problem or things in memory get corrupted or whatever. Sometimes when I cannot open some app or a setting I close all the apps sitting suspended in the memory and the setting works again. I do not do a hard reset anymore. When phone starts acting up, I turn it off and on and it's usually enough.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Running it on my xl and it honestly isn't that bad. It is my daily driver now. My main issues are it is still a bit slow and the lack of being able to attach photos to apps like kik and telegram is annoying. Edge needs some more work.

Right now the OS is a solid 7

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Running it on my xl and it honestly isn't that bad. It is my daily driver now. My main issues are it is still a bit slow and the lack of being able to attach photos to apps like kik and telegram is annoying. Edge needs some more work.

Right now the OS is a solid 7
You mean a solid 5? You used it for a few days and you can already decide?
Mate, after a week or so the builds tend to become heavy on the phone, idk what they do but the phone becomes sluggish.
This build 10536 is the worse than previous. Sometimes the screen when it is unlocked, it shows all tiles blank, and after 20 seconds it populates the name and icon for each tile.
For me the GSM signal is constantly off, only on this build for 930.
There are a lot of issues that showed up only after a week.
Definitly not a 7, for sure a 5.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Tend to disagree with you, funnily enough, my experience has been quite the opposite, I never felt it is worse than 512, as a matter of fact I'm running the latest build on my 930 since day one without any mayor issue, some minor problems with couple of 3rd party apps and inability to select photo from most of them but that's something I can live with as long as everything else perform well..

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I waited 2 days to write some review. I installed build 10536 from 8.1 on L640 and my first impression was awesome. Now, during some working time I'm starting to notice some bugs. My biggest problem is that I can't open Photos app. There is also a lot of errors in store. Tried with restart but it's not working. Can't place Alarms and Clock live tile to start and there is some delay with placing anything to start. Lot of apps I used is still not working and battery usage is just a little bit increased.

wp_ss_20150925_0001[1].png
wp_ss_20150925_0002[1].png

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You mean a solid 5? You used it for a few days and you can already decide?
Mate, after a week or so the builds tend to become heavy on the phone, idk what they do but the phone becomes sluggish.
This build 10536 is the worse than previous. Sometimes the screen when it is unlocked, it shows all tiles blank, and after 20 seconds it populates the name and icon for each tile.
For me the GSM signal is constantly off, only on this build for 930.
There are a lot of issues that showed up only after a week.
Definitly not a 7, for sure a 5.

How exactly are you going to tell someone else what their opinion and rating should be?
that's like me saying I hate Chicken and you tell me "You had chicken once? No..chicken isn't bad. You like chicken."

Seriously?

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
@SaltCityBoy nice start screen there.

Over the weekend the old Loading... start screen started on my L1520. It's pretty annoying, because each time I had to restart the phone. I thought Gabe Aul said it was fixed. This is not good enough, Microsoft needs to get their **** together. It does not matter how good the OS looks on paper if there is a bug since the very beginning that makes it unusable. Yeah yeah, preview and all that jazz, but this is a big thing for a user and if they want a feedback on the rest of the OS, they need to fix bugs in a part that everyone goes through to the other functionality.

Herbert Ackermans

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Embarrassing.

That's my opinion of Windows 10 Mobile.

Every build comes with the loading... bug for the start screen. My Lumia 1020 runs waaaaay hotter than it did with WP 8/8.1. Apps are frustratingly slow to launch, IF they launch. The Windows Central app is taking the top spot. It can take minutes to start!

And I'm on the latest build. But my Experience has been that I'm not seeing any improvement from 1 build to the next. Are you kidding me, that a company like Microsoft cannot eradicate a bug that prevents a Phone from showing the startscreen when it starts???

Embarrassing, really embarrassing. This OS is nowhere near finished, it's net even near beta or even alpha status. What Microsoft is doing I have no idea!

I'm AGAIN going back to WP 8.1. I'm done with the frustration WP 10 delivers.

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The loading bug on my 1520.3 seems to progressively worsen over time. Hard reset after 10512 but only soft reset after 10536.1004. Anyway, decided to try another soft reset when loading got so prolonged I had resorted to Cortana to open apps. This time I chose not to restore from backup during the reset. Also have reduced the number of tiles on start to less than one full screen. Also minimized the number of "live" tiles opting instead to keep most "dead" in order to reduce background load. I now only have an occasional 'resuming' screen and rare but brief 'loading' screen. But this is at the expense of what for me is the beauty of WP (the live tiles and easy access to multiple apps on start screen). Hope the bug is fixed soon so I can once again utilize start screen in an unrestricted fashion.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
One thing I am desperately looking for is better interaction with Outlook calendar. Let say I receive SMS message and would like to set a calendar reminder for that message, I'd expect long press on the message will give a context menu with more options, but nothing happens other than usual Forward/elete/Copy option. I'd expect bit more. Let see if it gets improved till final release...

alfredyeap

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Right, I am back to WP8.1 again from 10536.1004 on 920.
It was too much to bare. Camera worked too slowly, pictures quality seem to suffer, photos app is never as good, resuming resuming resuming... and worse, battery life got worse with that configuration update!!
I know it is just a preview, I know that. But MS should not codes so sluggishly! I nearly gave up on WP!! Very near.

Now that I am back to 8.1, I beginning to fall in love again with WP! How smooth that OS is, camera loads almost instantly, everything just works! Even though Mail client and calendar look awful after you see them in WP10, everything is worth it, I am liking WP again, just like how I feel when I first bought the phone.

Preview? Never again. RTM maybe. Stay away, else you might just breakup with this beautiful OS!

Where is my 920 now, I must play with it again. :)

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
When the start screen starts acting up, I turn off the phone for a while and turn it back on. So far it always helped. I now always upgrade from a fresh 8.1 with no restore of a backup or a hard reset involved. BTW I noticed that a lock screen delay and start screen loading are probably connected. When I see the delay on lock screen after I wake up the phone, or better said an absence of the information on lock screen no matter how long I wait, I know the screen will be loading, too.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
One thing I am desperately looking for is better interaction with Outlook calendar. Let say I receive SMS message and would like to set a calendar reminder for that message, I'd expect long press on the message will give a context menu with more options, but nothing happens other than usual Forward/elete/Copy option. I'd expect bit more. Let see if it gets improved till final release...

Post it as a feedback. They will probably ignore it, but at least you did what you could.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett