W10M User Reviews and Impressions!

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
OK, gave up on Windows 10 Mobile after trying it on a Lumia 1520 for 4 days. It's a shame how the software destroys the experience on such a beautiful and still powerful peace of hardware.

First of all it still reboots randomly, or the device overheats without any apps running (or at least none in the task view)
Glance Screen refuses to work at all.
Rich Capture in Windows Camera is broken, shows strange white lines on every picture. Under WP8.1 and even with Lumia Camera under Windows 10 there is no such issue.
A lot of games have grafical glitches or refuse to work at all. Same for a lot of apps. Twitter, even after its latest update marks an old notification as new every time I start up the app (same on Win 10 Desktop)
The UI is a total mess on a large device. Hamburger menus without sliding, one handed mode that's worse than the one on my 5" Android. Action Center without landscape support (gosh that looks so wrong and unfinished)

Did you hard reset your phone?, Hard reset solves a lot of the upgrade problems.

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Found out my alarms don't work. Really annoying. I set a single alarm to test and that worked, but the alarm I set for working days didn't work this morning ?_?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Found out my alarms don't work. Really annoying. I set a single alarm to test and that worked, but the alarm I set for working days didn't work this morning ?_?

Check if your sound i set to "default". After an upgrade, sometimes default means "nothing" if no sounds was setted before

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Check if your sound i set to "default". After an upgrade, sometimes default means "nothing" if no sounds was setted before

Alright thanks. But there are two places where you can change this and one of them doesn't show al built in songs. I can set a song in the alarm app (all songs) and where you can set app songs (there I can't choose all songs) and here it was indeed set to default.

Same with my text notifications by the way. I thought I wasn't hearing them because of noises, but it's doing it most of the time.
Does it have anything to do with the screensaver?

Weird. I didn't have this problem on 8.1. Too many damn settings for one ringtone.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Alright thanks. But there are two places where you can change this and one of them doesn't show al built in songs. I can set a song in the alarm app (all songs) and where you can set app songs (there I can't choose all songs) and here it was indeed set to default.

Same with my text notifications by the way. I thought I wasn't hearing them because of noises, but it's doing it most of the time.
Does it have anything to do with the screensaver?

Weird. I didn't have this problem on 8.1. Too many damn settings for one ringtone.

For clock use clock and alarms. For all other things, use the Notifcation center settings, so you can find all sounds togheter

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Seems like there's alot of things that need to be reset to work properly. My emails weren't showing up in my notification center for awhile., I ended up toggling the "group notifications by account" setting and had it create me a new live tile and it seemed to fix it. Several reboots and the update to build .164 seems to have smoothened the start screen and the lagginess. Apps still crash every now and then and seems like if there's alot of app switching going on it'll hang and crash to the start screen eventually. Some individual apps may need updates to fix bugs (line messenger doesn't seem to clear the live tile properly). There's still things that need work and bug fixes but I think it's stable enough. I'm not really liking how the back button doesn't seem to close anything anymore like it used to for some apps. Almost everything just returns to start screen with the app suspended even if they closed in 8.1

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
THe Win10 Back key function is just that... back. Not close. FOr closing, you must hold tap for opening task manager, then slide app down.
Similar to Ios and Android

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
My notifications problem has something to do with the screensaver (black screen when you press power button). I get notifications with sound when my screen it lit, not when its black.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My notifications problem has something to do with the screensaver (black screen when you press power button). I get notifications with sound when my screen it lit, not when its black.

Did you enabled all 3 notifications squares ? By chance you enable PRIVACY square? If yes, disable it

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
4 days, 1 upgrade and 2 hard reset later I give up. I pulled the battery more in 4days than with 8.1 the last 1 1/2yr. Hate the missing feature, hate the mail boxes keep mixing up, hate the stability, hate it looks like a ios/android style and delay on notifications.

I came from 7.5 and for the first time I am not sure my next phone will be a WP.

Bogdan Balint

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
If it would be that easy...
I don't have my e-mail as an option there, only my Outlook , and i am not using it , but Google Mail on the separate mail client !

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
After 4 months of use 10 windows mobile, I can say that it is ok but Windows Phone is far better for my needs after long use both systems.
I'm going back to Windows Phone with my Lumia 640 XL and here's why:

* With W10M my camera did not work ok when it is supposed to take images of the highest resolution supported. Camera was resuming with the camera app I could not use camera app for video when it is used to record in the best quality at 30fps, and also lower quality . I had resuming and app Camera could not be used, I jhad to do reset on build 586.
* Windows 10 is slower, WP 8.1 is still flying pretty fast. Tiles animation is better for me.
* Some applications run slower on w10m such as 6tag, viber - notification and display incoming text messages on Viber. The handset and SMS to open more quickly.
* Cortana is much more stable on WP8.1 and faster. On w10m is crashing.
* The action of opening apps is too slow on W10M. Some apps does not start on click on tile, sensitivity of the screen is not good on w10m, on wp 8.1 sensitivity is better. I don't see a reason for that.
* Return or windows button are reacting faster on wp8.1. On w10m is resuming everything and all the time.
* Applications like WhatsApp and Viber are the same on this systems, only the FB is different, but here in wp 8.1 runs faster and better. Viber is not slow.
* Notably longer lasting batteries with wp8.1
* MUSIC is a far better player from Groove. Music allows you to make a playlist via computer using winamp a groove just do not see this list created from computer. It is difficult job to someone like me who likes to combine songs and must hand the phone to a song by song added to the list.
* Touch on screen better respond on wp8.1, double-click the screen turned on phone screen while on W10M not turns on the screen.
* wp8.1 is organizing photos better and according to date and not in hundred folders.

From w10m I miss the wordflow on Serbian and useful Action Center.
I also like what W10M has a background behind the tiles that can be transparent.
I'll see, I will test wp8.1 in next days. But unfortunately in my experience w10m is not satisfying. w10m is not fast enough and not so stable.
While on wp8.1 never knock anything and everything is going very fluid and fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)