Frustrated with "No Flagship" complaints

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm seriously getting pissed off at people who continue to **** and moan about there not being a new flagship out right now. The information is out there and it's obvious why they have not, will not, and should not release a flagship until W10 is ready and installed. Yet these *BEEP*ers keep complaining like little children stomping their foot, making a face, and screaming to get their way.

I have a leather belt, I just need an airplane and some addresses.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
re: Fustrated with "No Flagship" complaints

I guess they are just used to the competition having it together and releasing annual upgrades, but sure everyone should just take Microsoft's slackness and say nothing right

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Three releases in 2015 I can think of off the top of my head in the target demo. Apple releases in their target demo:zero. Google releases in thier target demo:zero. I must have missed the "slack".

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

...it's obvious why they have not, will not, and should not release a flagship until W10 is ready and installed...

It doesn't matter the reason why Microsoft hasn't released a flagship phone. The truth is, they missed out by sitting on the sidelines while the competition stayed the course with their release schedules.

12 months is an eternity in the lifecycle of consumer electronics. If you don't refresh what you have to offer, you're going to lose a lot of customers or **** off those who are willing to wait around and hope. For me, personally, I decided to check out the competition while I waited, and guess what? I like what i've found and I've decided I'm not going back to Windows Phone. The best thing about it is I'm not pissed off anymore.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I was due for an upgrade in the beginning of May. I have been a Windows Phone user since my old HTC Trophy. I have been loyal, participating on forums and following everything Windows Phone. I was seriously considering getting the Droid Turbo because there just wasn't an acceptable flagship. This was frustrating for me and I believe the root of many other peoples too. Windows Phone fans hate to lose our users over the lack of a flagship. I ended up getting an icon off of eBay and love it, just couldn't make the switch. I don't find the frustration unreasonable.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Three releases in 2015 I can think of off the top of my head in the target demo. Apple releases in their target demo:zero. Google releases in thier target demo:zero. I must have missed the "slack".
Microsoft completely missed 2014 for AT&T. The last flagship was the Lumia 1520, released in November 2013. New iPhones and a new Nexus were released in the fall of 2014. Both the iPhone and the Nexus are released annually on a regular schedule.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

The 930 was the 2014 big release. If you want to blame Microsoft for AT&T choosing to not pick it up then that is your issue really. It's was and is still available and you chose not to buy it.

Everything else I have seen so far is reminiscent of Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory. "Don't care how! I want it now!"

Break into song for me.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The 930 was the 2014 big release. If you want to blame Microsoft for AT&T choosing to not pick it up then that is your issue really. It's was and is still available and you chose not to buy it.

Everything else I have seen so far is reminiscent of Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory. "Don't care how! I want it now!"

Break into song for me.
Why would I choose to pay a really expensive price for an unlocked international model that lacks LTE support for my US carrier when I don't travel internationally? If I had purchased the 930, I'd have spent more money on a device that would be slower than anything carrier branded.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I don't find the frustration unreasonable.
The frustration with a lack of a new flagship is understandable. But I would hope any adult that understands why there is not a new release yet would be reasonable and accept good sense. Not LIKE it, but accept it and not complain incessantly.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

The 930 wasn't really a new model when it was released. It's a non-Verizon Icon. So one could argue that the model arrived on the market when Verizon released the Icon, February 2014.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Why would I choose to pay a really expensive price for an unlocked international model that lacks LTE support for my US carrier when I don't travel internationally? If I had purchased the 930, I'd have spent more money on a device that would be slower than anything carrier branded.

That I understand but is Microsoft to blame for.
A The US carriers method of "heavy subsidizing" phones. (but the lower price of the phone must be hidden in the monthly fee)
B The "special" bands you need to us to get their service?

I even think that the name "international" had to be "invented" due to the US "standards".

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I completely agree with the frustration. However, I do personally tend to think the HTC One M8 is flagship material. I got one and love it. Regardless, Microsoft has to compete with the likes of smartphone juggernauts, Apple and Samsung. Also, Google has the Nexus, Motorola the X and turbo, HTC has newer version of the One, and LG is starting coming back with the G4. So, Microsoft has to be aware of the competition and their device cycles. Strategy of their own release dates has to play a part. If not, then MS has no clue. People don't want to change phones every couple months. They do so every year or two. If they are targeting people locked into the iPhone or latest Galaxy, they are too late.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That I understand but is Microsoft to blame for.
A The US carriers method of "heavy subsidizing" phones. (but the lower price of the phone must be hidden in the monthly fee)
B The "special" bands you need to us to get their service?
I believe that Verizon demanded an exclusive for the Icon. This meant that no other US carriers could get the 930. Microsoft caved to Verizon's demands, only to see Verizon discontinue selling the Icon after only around 6 months.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Frustrated with the ""No Flagship" complainers" complainers..... :confused: :winktongue:

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

To clarify, I understand and agree with the frustration. I don't agree with the way some people vent that frustration. It can at times sound a bit too...entitled. Microsoft has announced a new flagship will be released later this year. It will include W10 and Continuum. So, it can't be released now as those aren't yet available. To best to combat the whining, keep informing people of these facts.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

AT&T and all of the US carriers had a choice, and chose not to carry it. You had a choice to buy the international version and didn't. I'm not sure what your blaming Microsoft for here. Did you expect them to make AT&T LTE phones anyway and place a person in front of each store to offer them to people coming and going? Of course not. Laura you know this is a far more complicated situation than that.

There is no guaranty AT&T or anyone will pick up the next flagship either. THAT should concern folks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

AT&T and all of the US carriers had a choice, and chose not to carry it. You had a choice to buy the international version and didn't. I'm not sure what your blaming Microsoft for here. Did you expect them to make AT&T LTE phones anyway and place a person in front of each store to offer them to people coming and going? Of course not. Laura you know this is a far more complicated situation than that.

There is no guaranty AT&T or anyone will pick up the next flagship either. THAT should concern folks.
AT&T wouldn't have a choice to sell the 930 if Verizon had an exclusive deal with Microsoft.

What about other US carriers? Sprint has never had a flagship Lumia. T-Mobile hasn't had a flagship Lumia since the 925.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

AT&T wouldn't have a choice to sell the 930 if Verizon had an exclusive deal with Microsoft.
Speculation, but I do like it. Febuary 2014 release if I remember correctly, so the ICON is the US carrier flagship for last year.

Sounds like a disastrous deal to make with Verizon, as was the Qualcomm deal. Both not on Nadella's watch. Lets hope he stops those bad deals. And I agree stability with the flagship releases would alleviate frustrations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel