Frustrated with "No Flagship" complaints

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Take the OneDrive app for example. Can you remove sharing permissions via the app on Windows Phone? Nope. Can't see such option / capability. But I can do that on the Android version!

Another capability to add to this is that you can automatically upload full resolution photos to OneDrive via mobile data on Android, but not on Windows Phone. That is, unless it changed recently.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Another capability to add to this is that you can automatically upload full resolution photos to OneDrive via mobile data on Android, but not on Windows Phone. That is, unless it changed recently.
That is correct. I don't need to wait for WiFi to upload full resolution photos to OneDrive using Android. I upload them as soon as I take them when I'm on the go and using mobile data.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Yep , that's a bummer, but i was influencing the need to make OS better and functional first,which ,in turn, means fixing this and several other issues.I cant say how difficult is this since i dont have much knowledge about whats happening at the backend of an app but its there when you open OneDrive over web browser.

MetalzAdvocate

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't buy phones every time there's a new model out so I usually wait for the best phone and not nickel and dime my money year after year. I want the best of the best and nothing less. Therefore, I wait for a Flagship phone and not something just because it's new.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Let me quote you one fine example about the app gap. But before that, app gap is not just about missing apps on the store, but also how well a similar app performs as compared to the version on iOS / Android.

Take the OneDrive app for example. Can you remove sharing permissions via the app on Windows Phone? Nope. Can't see such option / capability. But I can do that on the Android version! Even a MS made app is crippled so how do we expect good app supports from other developers? Also, the app performance on Android is so much better than the one on Windows Phone. Also, I don't get any notifications after downloads are completed on Windows Phone unlike on Android. Gaps like these are turning people off when using Windows Phones.

Onedrive on my old Nexus 4 performs better than it does on my L930.

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Fustrated with "No Flagship" complaints

It's the smaller 5" version of the 1520. Exactly same specs, except for display technology and size.
It's worse on multiple fronts vs the 1520. no sd, less comfortable to hold, no glance, crappier battery life, gets hotter
i own both, and the 1520 is far superior, and older

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That is correct. I don't need to wait for WiFi to upload full resolution photos to OneDrive using Android. I upload them as soon as I take them when I'm on the go and using mobile data.

Does it do that automatically as a background service in android?

I'm always confused when my android friends lose a phone and have to get a new one. They seem to lose their contacts and files too. I always ask if they are in their google drive or account but they never seem to know.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Frustrated with "No Flagship" complaints

Does it do that automatically as a background service in android?

I'm always confused when my android friends lose a phone and have to get a new one. They seem to lose their contacts and files too. I always ask if they are in their google drive or account but they never seem to know.
This screenshot is from a WiFi only tablet, but the settings are available for all Android devices. Notice how I can select to upload using WiFi and mobile data. There is no mention of high quality, best quality, etc. If I choose upload using WiFi and mobile data., everything including videos is automatically uploaded at full resolution when I use my Android phone.
a6be4cf882419848f071506e180928bc.jpg

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm Frustrated with people who are complaining about people who are complaining about no flagship Windows Phone devices.

Enough said

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Many people have waited patiently (some not so) - 1020 and 920 are the longest owned devices I have, the app gap is still massive, How many banks around the world still don't have a WP app? How many hotels, how many airlines? the list is incredibly long.. Lets see what happens in a few months.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Many people have waited patiently (some not so) - 1020 and 920 are the longest owned devices I have, the app gap is still massive, How many banks around the world still don't have a WP app? How many hotels, how many airlines? the list is incredibly long.. Lets see what happens in a few months.

Yet through it all you've remained patient. That's admirable from my point of view but others will say it's either complacency or throwing in the towel. What some don't realize is that Android and iOS have the luxury of totally screwing up a release and not suffer much in the way of user base. Windows Mobile 10 needs to be on the mark from day 1.

Sent From An Ancient Motion Computing LE1700 On Windows 8.1 Pro.

diskin1128

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
A lot of people are complaining about android and iPhones upgrading flagships too soon, once or twice a year. They haven't enjoyed the current one yet and here is a new one again. I am thankful that Microsoft is not doing the same, I got my L1520 a year ago and very much enjoying it. If Microsoft released another flagship too soon, I would be forced to dump this baby and get the new one.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There needs to be a yearly flagship refresh. People are frequently on contracts of 2 yrs, and the hardware sellers need to flog their wares at all times. MS have been steady, but I understand shy. Hopefully they have now got enough experience to successfully launch the flagships.

And yes, they really do need to get it right. No halfhearted effort will suffice.

Frost Hunter

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
apparently no one follows the news the flagship phone could very well be the phone you currently use.

they are testing with the mi4 in china but are working on making even android phones and prolly more able to convert to a windows phone.the same as you would do a custom rom

BluetoothFairy1

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a 640XL and it is the best phone I've ever had, midrange or not. The only two things frustrating me now are some large companies ignoring UWP. My own bank not releasing a W10 app, Good Technology not releasing their app on W10 for my work email and IM.
Those are real let downs for me.

Now, I have to lug around an iPad mini just for this reason, despite it having only 2" bigger display than my 640XL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo