06-15-2016 07:58 PM
276 123 ...
tools
    I'm seriously getting pissed off at people who continue to **** and moan about there not being a new flagship out right now. The information is out there and it's obvious why they have not, will not, and should not release a flagship until W10 is ready and installed. Yet these *BEEP*ers keep complaining like little children stomping their foot, making a face, and screaming to get their way.

I have a leather belt, I just need an airplane and some addresses.
    05-15-2015 10:46 AM
    And I would suggest a bigger dog.
    05-15-2015 11:41 AM
    nah, the little low rider is perfect the way he is.
    05-15-2015 11:46 AM
    I guess they are just used to the competition having it together and releasing annual upgrades, but sure everyone should just take Microsoft's slackness and say nothing right
    05-15-2015 11:46 AM
    Three releases in 2015 I can think of off the top of my head in the target demo. Apple releases in their target demo:zero. Google releases in thier target demo:zero. I must have missed the "slack".
    05-15-2015 11:56 AM
    ...it's obvious why they have not, will not, and should not release a flagship until W10 is ready and installed...
    It doesn't matter the reason why Microsoft hasn't released a flagship phone. The truth is, they missed out by sitting on the sidelines while the competition stayed the course with their release schedules.

12 months is an eternity in the lifecycle of consumer electronics. If you don't refresh what you have to offer, you're going to lose a lot of customers or **** off those who are willing to wait around and hope. For me, personally, I decided to check out the competition while I waited, and guess what? I like what i've found and I've decided I'm not going back to Windows Phone. The best thing about it is I'm not pissed off anymore.
    dgr_874, tgp, theefman and 28 others like this.
    05-15-2015 12:09 PM
    I was due for an upgrade in the beginning of May. I have been a Windows Phone user since my old HTC Trophy. I have been loyal, participating on forums and following everything Windows Phone. I was seriously considering getting the Droid Turbo because there just wasn't an acceptable flagship. This was frustrating for me and I believe the root of many other peoples too. Windows Phone fans hate to lose our users over the lack of a flagship. I ended up getting an icon off of eBay and love it, just couldn't make the switch. I don't find the frustration unreasonable.
    05-15-2015 12:13 PM
    Three releases in 2015 I can think of off the top of my head in the target demo. Apple releases in their target demo:zero. Google releases in thier target demo:zero. I must have missed the "slack".
    Microsoft completely missed 2014 for AT&T. The last flagship was the Lumia 1520, released in November 2013. New iPhones and a new Nexus were released in the fall of 2014. Both the iPhone and the Nexus are released annually on a regular schedule.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    05-15-2015 12:29 PM
    The 930 was the 2014 big release. If you want to blame Microsoft for AT&T choosing to not pick it up then that is your issue really. It's was and is still available and you chose not to buy it.

Everything else I have seen so far is reminiscent of Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory. "Don't care how! I want it now!"

Break into song for me.
    05-15-2015 12:53 PM
    The 930 was the 2014 big release. If you want to blame Microsoft for AT&T choosing to not pick it up then that is your issue really. It's was and is still available and you chose not to buy it.

Everything else I have seen so far is reminiscent of Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory. "Don't care how! I want it now!"

Break into song for me.
    Why would I choose to pay a really expensive price for an unlocked international model that lacks LTE support for my US carrier when I don't travel internationally? If I had purchased the 930, I'd have spent more money on a device that would be slower than anything carrier branded.

steve_w_7, Guytronic, tgp and 14 others like this.
    05-15-2015 12:58 PM
    I don't find the frustration unreasonable.
    The frustration with a lack of a new flagship is understandable. But I would hope any adult that understands why there is not a new release yet would be reasonable and accept good sense. Not LIKE it, but accept it and not complain incessantly.
    jevans911 and dalydose like this.
    05-15-2015 01:09 PM
    The 930 wasn't really a new model when it was released. It's a non-Verizon Icon. So one could argue that the model arrived on the market when Verizon released the Icon, February 2014.
    rdubmu likes this.
    05-15-2015 01:09 PM
    Why would I choose to pay a really expensive price for an unlocked international model that lacks LTE support for my US carrier when I don't travel internationally? If I had purchased the 930, I'd have spent more money on a device that would be slower than anything carrier branded.

That I understand but is Microsoft to blame for.
    A The US carriers method of "heavy subsidizing" phones. (but the lower price of the phone must be hidden in the monthly fee)
    B The "special" bands you need to us to get their service?

I even think that the name "international" had to be "invented" due to the US "standards".
    05-15-2015 01:13 PM
    I completely agree with the frustration. However, I do personally tend to think the HTC One M8 is flagship material. I got one and love it. Regardless, Microsoft has to compete with the likes of smartphone juggernauts, Apple and Samsung. Also, Google has the Nexus, Motorola the X and turbo, HTC has newer version of the One, and LG is starting coming back with the G4. So, Microsoft has to be aware of the competition and their device cycles. Strategy of their own release dates has to play a part. If not, then MS has no clue. People don't want to change phones every couple months. They do so every year or two. If they are targeting people locked into the iPhone or latest Galaxy, they are too late.
    05-15-2015 01:14 PM
    That I understand but is Microsoft to blame for.
    A The US carriers method of "heavy subsidizing" phones. (but the lower price of the phone must be hidden in the monthly fee)
    B The "special" bands you need to us to get their service?
    I believe that Verizon demanded an exclusive for the Icon. This meant that no other US carriers could get the 930. Microsoft caved to Verizon's demands, only to see Verizon discontinue selling the Icon after only around 6 months.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    05-15-2015 01:16 PM
    Frustrated with the ""No Flagship" complainers" complainers.....
    Harrie-S, b23h, zr2s10 and 3 others like this.
    05-15-2015 01:17 PM
    To clarify, I understand and agree with the frustration. I don't agree with the way some people vent that frustration. It can at times sound a bit too...entitled. Microsoft has announced a new flagship will be released later this year. It will include W10 and Continuum. So, it can't be released now as those aren't yet available. To best to combat the whining, keep informing people of these facts.
    Penguin apple likes this.
    05-15-2015 01:18 PM
    AT&T and all of the US carriers had a choice, and chose not to carry it. You had a choice to buy the international version and didn't. I'm not sure what your blaming Microsoft for here. Did you expect them to make AT&T LTE phones anyway and place a person in front of each store to offer them to people coming and going? Of course not. Laura you know this is a far more complicated situation than that.

There is no guaranty AT&T or anyone will pick up the next flagship either. THAT should concern folks.
    Hans Swolfs likes this.
    05-15-2015 01:22 PM
    AT&T and all of the US carriers had a choice, and chose not to carry it. You had a choice to buy the international version and didn't. I'm not sure what your blaming Microsoft for here. Did you expect them to make AT&T LTE phones anyway and place a person in front of each store to offer them to people coming and going? Of course not. Laura you know this is a far more complicated situation than that.

There is no guaranty AT&T or anyone will pick up the next flagship either. THAT should concern folks.
    AT&T wouldn't have a choice to sell the 930 if Verizon had an exclusive deal with Microsoft.

What about other US carriers? Sprint has never had a flagship Lumia. T-Mobile hasn't had a flagship Lumia since the 925.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    05-15-2015 01:25 PM
    AT&T wouldn't have a choice to sell the 930 if Verizon had an exclusive deal with Microsoft.
    Speculation, but I do like it. Febuary 2014 release if I remember correctly, so the ICON is the US carrier flagship for last year.

Sounds like a disastrous deal to make with Verizon, as was the Qualcomm deal. Both not on Nadella's watch. Lets hope he stops those bad deals. And I agree stability with the flagship releases would alleviate frustrations.
    Laura Knotek and Tom Snyder like this.
    05-15-2015 01:38 PM
    When a new budget/entry level/midrange phone comes out every week and all the flagships(ALL except the HTC 8X and One M8 for Windows) have been carrier exclusives(and only the 1520 has microSD expansion while many of the low end/entry level/midrange phones do) of course people are going to be tired of not having a current flagship. I'm on T-Mobile and the only "flagship" we got from Nokia had a max 16gb of storage while the 920 and 928 came with 32gb. Not even a valid reason to create three different versions of basically the same phone with different features. What a mess. Sure we could buy phones unlocked or from eBay like I had to do to enjoy the 920 and 1020 but why should we have to when a vast sea of competitor devices are available without hassle and missing carrier specific features such as WiFi calling and other nuances? And who's to say this year's flagships won't be exclusives again? Exactly the reason why I'm holding on to my Sony Xperia Z3 until it is confirmed that a flagship is indeed coming to T-Mobile.
    05-15-2015 01:44 PM
    Microsoft screw up big time by not having a new flagship phone. Many of their better customers have gone back to the iPhone. They spend hundreds of millions in trying to get new customers but forgot to keep their current customer base in place. Totally wrong headed marketing move. Sure they want customers even the low end type but the loyal high end Windows Phone customers just do not want to be treated like dirty and can move! I think the high end customer is more valuable since they buy more things and have greater influence on others.

Windows Mobile 10 will not come out till November 2015 or later and if they sign on with Verizon again; Verizon might not release it till February 2016 like they did with the Icon and discontinue in September of the same year 2014!
    Laura Knotek and Tom Snyder like this.
    05-15-2015 01:54 PM
    I would be surprised if T-Mobile ever had an exclusive again as that is just not their business anymore. As far as WiFi calling that should work regardless of the phone's origin as long as the phone and the carrier enable it. Most lumias do.
    05-15-2015 02:00 PM
    Microsoft screw up big time by not having a new flagship phone.
    As previously discussed they have one every year, just not on a consistent date. I understand you would like a consistent date, we all would.

You want a goose that lays golden eggs, and a pony and you want it now Veruca Salt. I'm sure there are people in your life that trip over themselves trying to please you. Microsoft is not going to loose hundreds of Millions of dollars to prematurely release a phone because you "want it now". That would be the screw up.
    05-15-2015 02:09 PM
    I'm seriously getting pissed off at people who continue to **** and moan about there not being a new flagship out right now. The information is out there and it's obvious why they have not, will not, and should not release a flagship until W10 is ready and installed. Yet these *BEEP*ers keep complaining like little children stomping their foot, making a face, and screaming to get their way.

I have a leather belt, I just need an airplane and some addresses.
    Looks like starting this thread gave several of them an excuse to moan again. I'll send you the addresses that I have, and let you borrow my plane.

Here are the addresses I have:

You can choose any plane from among my holdings of 0 planes.

I guess I'm not much help here. I do have 2 extra leather belts you can borrow though. ;)
    05-15-2015 04:16 PM
276 123 ...