If there is another exsisting thread, please advise ...

Well ... as a long time Verizon Icon user, what is the latest that this community can offer:

1) Install Insider?
    2) Wait for next insider release?
    3) Stay with Verizon Denim knowing that Microsoft is going to dump Verizon?
    4) Other ?
    08-03-2015 07:03 PM
    Does anyone have any idea of how many "Verizon Icons" were sold in it's very short life span?

I couldn't survive without my Icon = BEST smartphone I have ever owned - I also have an iPhone 6 Plus but the Icon is my daily driver!
    08-05-2015 01:25 PM
    I have the current insider build on my Icon and it's very good. Dropping VZW would really mean dropping CDMA which includes Sprint. Microsoft will get their new phones approved for use on VZW and then sell them in Microsoft Stores as VZW has proven completely inept at selling Windows Phones. The best thing about an Icon on VZW is that when I hard reset my phone I can delete just about every piece of vzw crapware except for their redundant backup assistant on WP 8.1. I was so happy to see that it does not exist in Windows 10 mobile preview and hope that it stays that way when it RTMs. Of course VZW could continue to waste resources on an app no windows phone/mobile user will ever need, but then they think people are stupid enough to pay for VZW navigator when Here Maps and Here Drive are both vastly superior and free. I have a hard time thinking that any of those custom vzw apps sell enough to pay for the time it took to develop them. Even so both VZW & AT&T love to remove/hide OS features so they can sell you an inferior version of something you already paid for.
    08-05-2015 04:08 PM

Well ... as a long time Verizon Icon user, what is the latest that this community can offer:

1) Install Insider?
    4) Other ?
    1 & 2) How dangerous are you feeling? Want to try something new and live on the edge and likely run into quirks and erase the phone?

3) Well, I don't think that dump would affect your phone. US carriers sucks with updates regardless.
    08-05-2015 05:53 PM

1) Install Insider?
    4) Other ?
    Wait a few days, WC is claiming that a build of 10240 or higher is going to hit for Windows 10 mobile in a few days, so I am sure a lot of issues will be fixed.

The biggest problem on 10166 was the battery life was a killer for me, on a normal day, by 6pm, my phone would be yelling at me to charge it, I reverted back to 8.1, after a few days, about the same use, at 10-11pm(bed time), my battery is at 40-50%...that bad.

The bigger question is are we ever going to see Windows 10 Mobile FINAL for the ICON ? Due to Verizon killing off the phone now almost a year ago, I would not hold my breath.

Odds are VERY high that we will never see a final official release for the ICON and battery life depends on the final firmware, If I am stuck Dev preview for ever and battery is like 10166 is, I guess I am stuck on 8.1 for life of the phone.

And that could really suck...
    08-05-2015 07:33 PM
    It has been running in my spare Icon for weeks now. But it is not on the VZW network right now, just on my home Wi-Fi

The only main issues are some missing apps.
    The Lumia apps like MOMENTS, SELFIE etc and the Nokia Mix Radio is missing too.
    08-05-2015 08:35 PM