08-10-2015 03:04 PM
226 12345 ...
tools
    Snapchat doesn't work. Ive just tried it. The app loads but because it needs google play services it wont let you login
    08-08-2015 10:23 AM
    That tool is derived from a Crackberry thread that has more information. Haven't tried it myself because it only worked that first time for me and now I can't get into the developer menu either.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    08-08-2015 10:29 AM
    Can you login and use snapchat fully functional? I read something that it needs Google Play Services and couldn't be run properly.
    No it requires google services but the app is fine and need some work to run on WP
    08-08-2015 10:43 AM
    I think Microsoft is clearing the app gap between the windows 10 and other os platforms.
    08-08-2015 10:45 AM
    Has anyone tried it on an unsupported phone,like the 635? I wanna test it out but my 635 is my daily driver,so IDK
    08-08-2015 10:47 AM
    Guys...

I understand the excitement. Careful with outside links when material exists in-house at Mobile Nations sites that can be referenced.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Link to Mobile Nations Stories Only - Please link all related stories to the appropriate Mobile Nations blog. For example, if you are talking about a new Android device that just came out... Link to the story on the Android Central blog, instead of some other site. Chances are we wrote it first, better, and deserve a little love. In addition, do not copy and paste stories in their entirety. Writers (from all sites) work hard, and deserve proper credit. We reserve the right to remove links to posts or close threads linking to articles similar to those published.
    sahib lopez and xandros9 like this.
    08-08-2015 10:49 AM
    Has anyone tried it on an unsupported phone,like the 635? I wanna test it out but my 635 is my daily driver,so IDK
    you will get error code 14, will not work.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-08-2015 10:55 AM
    (those are images at gyazo, I can't post links yet just registered now to say this)
    If anyone tech savvy .. like .. really tech savvy could help with this. I think it might be possible to get read permission on the wim file containing android subsystem. Then we can basically flash google services into it xD (like gapps package on cyanogenmod)
    08-08-2015 11:03 AM
    I've tried it too and it works, however 9gag has some broken sounds when tapping and Polar Flow won't even connect :) .. Anyways.. Hah.. Always wanted to try this out, but now when its available I don't know what to install at all :D .. I got used to WP/WM design.. I like Lolipop pure Android and Material design on my Android devices, but on Windows it just doesn't seem fit right .. I'll try to install a Browser like Opera Mobile or Firefox and see what happens :)?
    08-08-2015 11:17 AM
    i'm stuck on this screen. can somebody help?stuck.png
    08-08-2015 11:22 AM
    Im a bit confused. I've got the Lumia 730 where it says its supported but I stll get the error code 14. Why?
    08-08-2015 11:32 AM
    try to cancel dev unlock using wp8.1/wp10 sdk or do a hard reset. Also remember always turn off the developer switch before reboot/shutdown.
    08-08-2015 11:38 AM
    This is big. Can anyone make a video?
    08-08-2015 11:39 AM
    What if the "For Developers" settings entry always crashes on Windows 10 Mobile? I can't set it up on the phone side.
    try to cancel dev unlock using wp8.1/wp10 sdk or do a hard reset. Also remember always turn off the developer switch before reboot/shutdown.
    08-08-2015 11:40 AM
    so this has kind of broken my phone. after installing a few apps and games my phone crashed and restarted. now I can no longer use wconnect.exe to connect to my phone and I cant get into the developer settings (whenever I try all my quick setting tiles start flashing and become unresponsive). also the android apps I installed have become really slow. will update if I find a solution.

UPDATE
    Problem seems to be getting worse. Now I can't even uninstall apps.
    08-08-2015 11:45 AM
    After patching snapchat with:

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

It at least lets me enter my login details; but it gets stuck on "Verifying device" for a while, then says login failed. so no joy yet.
    08-08-2015 11:46 AM
    This is odd, I got error 14 on my Lumia 920. How come?
    08-08-2015 11:54 AM
    Now my keyboard won't show up in messaging app :D lol
    08-08-2015 12:08 PM
    anyone does this support lumia 1020 ?
    08-08-2015 12:12 PM
    I would not really recommend to do this, after few apps my phone started to randomly lag, hiccup, keyboard won't show up, and so on so yeah :)

I'll try to have only one app though and that is Windows Central and see how it goes.

Update: Now it won't even allow me to do it again, Developer settings would crash and Action Centre toggles starts blinking, resulting in inability to connect the phone with installing process via PC again.

Also you'll probably just realize that Native Windows apps are Awesome :)
    Last edited by Slovenix; 08-08-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-08-2015 12:18 PM
    [note]Windows Central is not linking to the file nor providing instructions on how to sideload. Simply put, the software is not finished, and the ability to steal Android apps is not something we would like to promote.

[warn] We are taking a hard line on posting of links to these tools, direct or indirect. Please do not post links or directions in comments as you risk having the post deleted. Continued abuse of this rule may result in account termination.[/warn][/note]

This is such a big topic it would be a mistake to not allow a venue for discussing it - but we will not tolerate any links or directions in this thread.

Remember, from our Community Rules and Guidelines: Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*
    Last edited by Muessig; 08-08-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    08-08-2015 12:32 PM
    Tried VIBER 5.x.

Astoria connected fine, APK installed fine, but Viber won't load.

Lumia 920
    08-08-2015 12:49 PM
    Following are running fine on my 730..
    Quizup
    Flipboard
    Instagram and
    Facebook
    08-08-2015 01:01 PM
    Guys remember this isn't even a public release of the project so there WILL be problems! Things can and will go wrong!
    Errors? Might be a simple issue, might just be bad luck, etc. Don't expect it to work perfectly for everyone, all the time.

So tread lightly and don't take it lightly. Don't decide to use it for anything mission critical if you can.
    08-08-2015 01:20 PM
    can you please give me the links!?
    Windows Central*is taking a hard line on posting of links to these tools, direct or indirect. Please do not post links or directions in comments as you risk having the post deleted. Continued abuse of this rule may result in account termination.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    08-08-2015 01:29 PM
226 12345 ...