uninstall Nokia Account

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish to uninstall Nokia Account on the latest preview of Windows Mobile 10. I know this can be done in Windows Phone 8.1 through a trick in settings, but I don't want to have to go back to 8.1 uninstall and then reinstall 10 again.

Is there a way to remove this as this is now useless and keeps popping up to update it, but doesn't update.

thanks.

anon8773316

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It looks like you can delete settings apps through storage sense > apps. But I did not try, because I'm wondering what apps are still necessary. Some of those functions are already built in Windows 10 mobile right?

Can someone please post a list of those apps, that are still available after a hard reset?

Thanks

anon8773316

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It looks like you can delete settings apps through storage sense > apps. But I did not try, because I'm wondering what apps are still necessary. Some of those functions are already built in Windows 10 mobile right?

Can someone please post a list of those apps, that are still available after a hard reset?

Thanks

Update: It works! I just uninstalled my Nokia Account App.

Go to "Settings" > "Storage" > "Apps" > and than select the app you want to delete.

After deleting Nokia Account, my OS started to stutter, but after some minutes everything seems to fine again.

Last edited:

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Go to "Settings" > "Storage" > "Apps" > and than select the app you want to delete.

After deleting Nokia Account, my OS started to stutter, but after some minutes everything seems to fine again.

This worked, but I'll mention that its not very intuitive how to find the "Apps" section... you have to tap on the Phone/Space Used bar in order to get in to the Apps listing. Also, from Settings, Storage is found in the System folder (or can just go straight there using Storage Sense app).

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies its been helpful. Why does Microsoft still have Nokia account setting if it doesn't work anymore. Pointless. Should have been removed by now.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

The funny part is the store will keep trying to update it. I've uninstalled a bunch of stuff like all the lumia photo stuff but the store keeps trying to update them eventually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos