03-26-2016 11:15 PM
1,870 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I've received a confirmation from Samsung that the Ativ S (GT-I8750) won't be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile.
    12-15-2015 08:09 PM
    yes
    12-15-2015 09:50 PM
    All this is happening due to the premature release of 950 and 950XL with the OS still in testing
    12-15-2015 11:21 PM
    I am waiting until the end of the year for the windows 10 to give it a final shot. I am on the edge of switching away from MS because of their lackluster behavior. I mean enough is enough.
    emjey likes this.
    12-16-2015 12:04 AM
    My guess is 29th of december this year. Don't be panic (some) people, it is gonna be allright. Keep cool. It is just an ordinary firmware on a phone what next year already is outdated. Silly that some people are excited for firmware for a cell phone. That is so silly. Get a life. Make love with a girl. Waiting and complaining about firmware for a cell phone is very silly. Get a life, have sex!
    Lol! I think you gave up waiting :P
    svknet likes this.
    12-16-2015 12:10 AM
    Hahahahahaha!
    12-16-2015 12:38 AM
    I think you got a point.......don't wait.....start *******......oh, wait! Isn't this sounds stupid?
    12-16-2015 01:30 AM
    A couple of weeks ago, I was looking on eBay to see how much people were reselling their Black Friday $29 Lumia 640s for and one auction listing I clicked on said in the description part that the phone has free upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile "(December 25th)".

I was like, "Oh? That's the first I've heard of that date. I thought it was coming on the 10th, or 14th".

Maybe the seller does actually know something! ... lol

I'd also like to give a shout out to the poster who, weeks/months ago, complained/observed that Microsoft has a history of missing "pre-Christmas" product launches and suggested that based on MS's track record, W10M would likely be added to that list..
    12-16-2015 03:05 AM
    I wanted to know why thread title has "Answers inside..." while in reality this thread yet has no answers to release dates.
    Title should only be "W10M release dates?" :)
    Ian_Superfly likes this.
    12-16-2015 04:59 AM
    I wanted to know why thread title has "Answers inside..." while in reality this thread yet has no answers to release dates.
    Title should only be "W10M release dates?" :)
    Ever consider looking at the first two posts? Maybe? You know... could be a good idea...

There are three release dates related to W10M. The first two have come to pass and have therefore been answered (as in "answers inside"). The third is still unclear. The second post also clarifies that not all WP8.1 devices can be updated to W10M, which is also useful information to some.

Unfortunately, there's not much I can do to rid us of all the useless misinformation and guesswork being presented here. If it's not here, it would be scattered over many other threads. I prefer it to be localised in one spot.
    Last edited by a5cent; 12-16-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: formatting
    12-16-2015 06:09 AM
    I hope they release a better build than the one they pulled. I wonder if carriers will drop the rtm and then ms will start rolling out the most updated version once they release it. Any issues could undermine windows 10 in media. And it could cause a lot of people to switch phones. This is not a small update. My bros 925 is on some Italian provider so I'll update this thread once he gets it.
    a5cent likes this.
    12-16-2015 06:28 AM
    My guess is 29th of december this year. Don't be panic (some) people, it is gonna be allright. Keep cool. It is just an ordinary firmware on a phone what next year already is outdated. Silly that some people are excited for firmware for a cell phone. That is so silly. Get a life. Make love with a girl. Waiting and complaining about firmware for a cell phone is very silly. Get a life, have sex!
    you sir, deserve a medal!
    Avinash Sahani likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:03 AM
    Know what the answer is to this question...... WHO KNOWS ? All the factors IF or WHEN you will get it will be left up to the OEM, mobile operator or carrier.

Normal crap with Windows Phone.... Some carriers will get it earlier, others will get it later, others WONT EVEN GET IT. I remember the pages and pages of ICON trying to get 8.1....100+ pages for the rumor mill.

This gets to start all over. If you want a update in a timely manner, dump Windows Phone and get an iPhone, it's the only one who will get it on the date made by the OEM.

My thousand dollar question is, will the Nokia ICON get the final version (with firmware) of Windows 10 mobile. Chances are very slim for a discontinued phone for over a year.
    Ian_Superfly and svknet like this.
    12-16-2015 08:15 AM
    It seems as if the update should come soon now because they've released back the x.29 update for 950 and xl
    12-16-2015 08:35 AM
    ...This gets to start all over. If you want a update in a timely manner, dump Windows Phone and get an iPhone, it's the only one who will get it on the date made by the OEM...
    Once a Windows Phone gets Windows 10 Mobile the carriers will be out of the picture. All updates will come directly from Microsoft.
    12-16-2015 09:20 AM
    For some weeks.... Whenever I hear "soon", only the word "****", comes to my mind.
    For the past few days, whenever I check for updates and find my phone is up to date, I've a similar feeling
    svknet likes this.
    12-16-2015 09:25 AM
    You overestimate some of us here :)

So just to confirm the 830's on Rogers are not getting W10?
    If it was confirmed by MS or Rogers then yup. If not, then its anyones game.
    Not including the use of Insider.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking on eBay to see how much people were reselling their Black Friday $29 Lumia 640s for and one auction listing I clicked on said in the description part that the phone has free upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile "(December 25th)".

I was like, "Oh? That's the first I've heard of that date. I thought it was coming on the 10th, or 14th".

Maybe the seller does actually know something! ... lol

I'd also like to give a shout out to the poster who, weeks/months ago, complained/observed that Microsoft has a history of missing "pre-Christmas" product launches and suggested that based on MS's track record, W10M would likely be added to that list..
    Then again I've seen sellers selling a Lumia 520 (called it a 920) and others not knowing what the RM-985 was.
    a5cent likes this.
    12-16-2015 09:50 AM
    Maybe the last week of December.
    12-16-2015 10:12 AM
    I wonder what is sooo much better with W10 (yet!!) compared to 8.1 that people seriously think to leave the platform if there is no update until the end of this year.
    Hilarious.
    12-16-2015 10:12 AM
    When is last windows phone 8.1 get update? Wow long time ago
    12-16-2015 10:28 AM
    There hasn't been a WP 8.1 update because they are redesigning with W10.
    a5cent and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-16-2015 10:55 AM
    It seems as if the update should come soon now because they've released back the x.29 update for 950 and xl
    I think that the 950 and 950xl are guinea pigs in testing their roll out procedures. That's why they are so limited in availability and released for fans. Fans will deal with this stuff for the most part.

One thing MS should do is drop broadcast notifications to users. For example when users were having trouble updating or having issues and MS identified it, they may never know because they don't go to websites that mention all this stuff.

A notification about the issue and that it is being worked on should be sent. More info for users will mean less people bailing because they think it's the phone hardware or just in general how things are.
    Abhishek99 and editguy like this.
    12-16-2015 11:05 AM
    I wonder what is sooo much better with W10 (yet!!) compared to 8.1 that people seriously think to leave the platform if there is no update until the end of this year.
    Hilarious.
    Everything! Everything is so much better and changed in W10M. Just check native apps like Clock, Calculator, Phone Dialer, SMS, Calendar, Email, or even native Maps app and finally Cortana.
    I believe W10M is going to change Windows Phone experience drastically, if only it comes on time as promised...
    12-17-2015 12:37 AM
    Everything! Everything is so much better and changed in W10M. Just check native apps like Clock, Calculator, Phone Dialer, SMS, Calendar, Email, or even native Maps app and finally Cortana.
    I believe W10M is going to change Windows Phone experience drastically, if only it comes on time as promised...
    You left out visual aspects like start menu, settings menu. Etc.
    svknet likes this.
    12-17-2015 01:43 AM
    Hello!

Can you tell me about you get this information?

Is that Calendar official from Microsoft?

Thanks in advance.
    12-17-2015 01:45 AM
1,870 ... 910111213 ...