03-26-2016 11:15 PM
1,870 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Early next year!!! Means anytime between Jan~Jun 2016???
    Or maybe anytime between Jan ~Jun 2017...
    12-18-2015 12:29 AM
    That's it,I'm switching to android,and I feel a bitter taste in my mouth since I had high hopes from Microsoft.I bought my lumia 435 with certain expectations from MS,and worse than that,I also directed my friends towards Lumia ,one on them has a 535,two have 640,one has a lumia 820 and one has a lumia 735.So far it seems we are stuck with a reliable but very limited windows 8.1 OS.Most "MVP" apps are missing or are updated on a very very slow rate,with windows 10 mobile promising a much better app porting via "universal apps",and now I see that windows 10 is being delayed until 2016,and even then it will be deployed in waves.The current windows 10 mobile development rate is painfully slow,I have w10m insider on my phone and there are aboslutely 0 new features to justify such a slow update program.A new skin,some redesigned built-in apps and the "one hand use" mode is what an android cyanogen fanatic is capable of doing within a week.Is this the big "thing"?
    12-18-2015 03:06 AM
    Lumia India still saying that Windows 10 mobile is rolling out in December..

https://twitter.com/LumiaIndia/statu...6279719006208I

Posted 1hr ago..
    12-18-2015 04:14 AM
    Lumia India still saying that Windows 10 mobile is rolling out in December..

https://twitter.com/LumiaIndia/statu...6279719006208I

Posted 1hr ago..
    Looks like even they don't follow Microsoft as we do.... ;)
    12-18-2015 04:22 AM
    Well there is no info directly from Microsoft or has someone found it? Who was the spokesperson who did the statement?
    12-18-2015 04:26 AM
    Keep this thread on topic please.

[WARN]This thread is not about the Insider Preview, nor is it a place to ask about problems linking contacts or any other general W10M related questions. It's exclusively about release dates related to the official W10M release and related devices. Everything we know about this topic, at this time, has already been stated in the first two posts.

From here on out, posts going off topic will be deleted and possibly infracted.[/WARN]
    12-18-2015 04:37 AM
    One this that will definitely happen is the rollout of windows 10 mobile this year.....they have mentioned it everywhere......twitter,facebook official pages ..etc .........this rollout can't be delayed......
    Rollout is delayed already officially!
    12-18-2015 05:14 AM
    Guys I think there are chances of update this month as Lumia India & Microsoft India Twitter pages are still reporting that the update would be released by Dec end
    12-18-2015 10:04 AM
    Rollout is delayed due to Microsoft staff being on holiday for the Xmas period...
    12-18-2015 10:09 AM
    Guys I think there are chances of update this month as Lumia India & Microsoft India Twitter pages are still reporting that the update would be released by Dec end
    I doubt it.......they might have not been updated on the topic ...we should not forget that they are just people assigned to promote the company on twitter.......nothing more than that....
    12-18-2015 10:23 AM
    That's it,I'm switching to android,and I feel a bitter taste in my mouth since I had high hopes from Microsoft.I bought my lumia 435 with certain expectations from MS,and worse than that,I also directed my friends towards Lumia ,one on them has a 535,two have 640,one has a lumia 820 and one has a lumia 735.So far it seems we are stuck with a reliable but very limited windows 8.1 OS.Most "MVP" apps are missing or are updated on a very very slow rate,with windows 10 mobile promising a much better app porting via "universal apps",and now I see that windows 10 is being delayed until 2016,and even then it will be deployed in waves.The current windows 10 mobile development rate is painfully slow,I have w10m insider on my phone and there are aboslutely 0 new features to justify such a slow update program.A new skin,some redesigned built-in apps and the "one hand use" mode is what an android cyanogen fanatic is capable of doing within a week.Is this the big "thing"?
    Go away man......i have also tried switching to android with a promise in my mind that I will never return on WP.....but after using android for a month I learned why I switched to WP 3 years ago...and I am back again.....I don't expect you to be back too....but there's hardly anyone who cares......
    libra89, editguy and ajj3085 like this.
    12-18-2015 10:27 AM

I think their reply is being posted by a robot..not human.
    Every time same 8 part tweet, same wordings. It is highly probable that they have automatic replying mechanism on their twitter handle...
    12-18-2015 11:55 AM
    I think their reply is being posted by a robot..not human.
    Every time same 8 part tweet, same wordings. It is highly probable that they have automatic replying mechanism on their twitter handle...
    No..not a robot or automatic reply machanism.....they mention the code of the poster in every tweet....
    12-18-2015 12:18 PM
    Gabe Quoted that Mobile builds will not arrive for Insiders till JAN 2016 but not Public Users.....A ray of hope

Flighting over the holidays

I also want to set expectations for new builds for both PC and mobile between now and the end of 2015. This time of year many of us take the opportunity to spend time with family and take some vacation time, so the engineering team will be running at a slower pace and many of our key people who drive our flighting process will be out (including me :-) ). This means we wont be releasing any new builds to Windows Insiders until January, for both PC and mobile

Source : Windows Blog
    12-18-2015 11:37 PM
    Gabe Quoted that Mobile builds will not arrive for Insiders till JAN 2016 but not Public Users.....A ray of hope

Flighting over the holidays

I also want to set expectations for new builds for both PC and mobile between now and the end of 2015. This time of year many of us take the opportunity to spend time with family and take some vacation time, so the engineering team will be running at a slower pace and many of our key people who drive our flighting process will be out (including me :-) ). This means we wont be releasing any new builds to Windows Insiders until January, for both PC and mobile

Source : Windows Blog
    Naaah....... Microsoft spokesperson himself issued the statement of 2016 rollout........
    Last edited by Akssingh; 12-19-2015 at 06:52 AM.
    mastercoin likes this.
    12-19-2015 04:28 AM
    I found this today, it is not a timeline, but it's something new...

Official Windows 10 Mobile eligible devices list has batches of devices receiving the update
    Official Windows 10 Mobile eligible devices list has batches of devices receiving the update | Nokiapoweruser
    12-19-2015 08:37 AM
    ^ The source of that list is a "user on reddit". Could be my uncle Joe. Seems very unreliable to me.
    12-19-2015 09:27 AM
    Reddit conversation has a link to here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=scAMDmjZ
    For some reason I can't download that file in mobile devices so I don't know is it the same list...
    12-19-2015 09:32 AM
    No one can download it until provided by Microsoft.
    12-19-2015 09:58 AM
    The only 'news' here is the explanation of the deviceUpgradeState and batch. The deviceUpgradeState itself and the list have been available for a long time now. See www<dot>microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=49182 for the file itself.
    Not that on the download page it says file version is 0001, but the file itself contains 'fileVersion' 8. Could be they had 8 revisions before release or they silently update the file.
    12-19-2015 01:52 PM
    Seems like Torsten Heins got hired by Microsoft...
    This all feels very much like Blackberry. BB10 had been delayed several times before it eventually appeared. The big difference is, that MS is much bigger and (at least in theory) should have much more resources to pour in. Nowadays, BB produces Android phones.
    DrewLumia900 likes this.
    12-21-2015 01:27 AM
    ^ You can't always speed up development just by throwing more money and people at it. More often than not, that ends up slowing things down!
    It's a common misconception that large scale software development is similar to a factory floor, were adding another assembly line scales production proportionally. Software development isn't anything like that.

The problem is not resources, but the type and number of changes being dealt with in a single release. Unfortunately, MS has no choice but to power through. Everything Windows 10 will be a bit rough for the next while.
    12-21-2015 01:42 AM
    All this waiting is killing me lol. I mean its been in early access for a year and windows pc 10 full non insider update has been out months. The 950xl has a finished version of wp10 so i mean why won't they push that build to all compliant phones??
    Registering as an Insider on the slow ring gives you the .36 build those 950s are using. May need a hard reset, but still.
    djeire84 likes this.
    12-22-2015 06:52 PM
    Registering as an Insider on the slow ring gives you the .36 build those 950s are using. May need a hard reset, but still.
    Ah I was under the impression that they are running a final build of the OS. One thing I cant understand how did they have an "unfinished" OS on board a new phone out the box?? Infuriating as I had the insider release in my Lumia 520 at the beginning of the year and I loved it buggy as anything but beautiful. I'm not going to put it on my L640XL until its official and bug free. Cant stand the wait though lol
    mastercoin likes this.
    12-22-2015 10:41 PM
    I wanted a firmware upgrade for my lumia 640 due to -
    -poor image capture. The camera appears to fine but processed photos appear dull and washed out after being clicked.
    -blurry text -present on all windows phone 8.1 (update 2) + denim phones.
    But now I have lost all hope.. I dont think that they are going to fix device specific issues even if an update comes... Still no news of new firmware from the devices division (formerly nokia).
    The nokia/lumia specific firmware used to come with specific names...cyan, denim..what happened to that???
    Last edited by instantk; 12-23-2015 at 06:43 AM.
    12-23-2015 06:01 AM
1,870 ... 1112131415 ...