The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-26-2016 11:15 PM
1,870 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    01-22-2016 12:07 AM
    Now what I think they delay their update plan to march, better with go with Android "M" instead of windows 10 mobile.
    01-22-2016 12:54 AM
    As soon as Nokia enters in smartphone with Android then go with Nokia.
    01-22-2016 12:56 AM
    Hope this post will be about possible release dates but change into bullying MS for not to provide us with update yet and I am not sure why.
    As far as I know no exact date was ever mentioned by MS regarding the W10M update for older phones except the one which should be in December 2015. After that, they mentioned only early 2016 and that could be anytime soon :D
    Anyway, nobody, at least I hope so, was forced to go with Windows Phone so if you are here to complain about the slowness of MS or inability to push out update, you should go with Android or iOS. Honestly, I have my Lumia 830 almost one year; before I was in Android camp and tried iOS as well, but I am currently happy with the WP and its look. Live tiles are something perfect and incomparable with widgets in Android. Android as well has its own flaws and I was encountering sudden app crashes more often than in WP not saying that HTC did not provide my phone with update to Android 5 even it was only 1 year on the market.
    To sum up, I need my phone for calls, messages, internet access, taking photos, listening to music and series watching and I have it all in WP 8.1 as well, so once the update will be ready to release to old Lumia phones, I will make a jump, but it doesn't care when it will be as far as it finally arrives to our phones. We should be happy that at least they are trying to finalize everything for us so we will be able to use polished system (taking into consideration the percentage of WP globally, we are at the tail now but who knows? :) ).
    zisan71 likes this.
    01-22-2016 01:41 AM
    As soon as Nokia enters in smartphone with Android then go with Nokia.
    To be honest I hope they come out with a Windows phone as well.
    01-22-2016 02:19 AM
    This news quotes from French carrier, will carriers from other countries follow the same?
    01-22-2016 02:34 AM
    Fort those clamouring for an update real quick, have you considered the fact that the latest build is stable for about 95% of insiders but there's that 5% of users for whom it is not stable?

I believe one more build is needed to sort out the bugs such as the apps list brightening when exiting an app back to apps list, word flow and other minor bugs. Once we as insiders get this build, and we test, then will it be released to the public while we sink our teeth into the next insider build
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:13 AM
    And they said "in 2016 u will get more built"
    Dear Microsoft, mobile insider in last 22 days only get 1 update if this is u r fast update process then we r happy with WP 8.1.
    01-22-2016 03:27 AM
    And they said "in 2016 u will get more built"
    Dear Microsoft, mobile insider in last 22 days only get 1 update if this is u r fast update process then we r happy with WP 8.1.
    I am using .63 build it is good to use . I am using it on my only phone .
    sumanthsuresh likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:42 AM
    Time to scrap this thread and start again it is soooooo off topic!
    W10M release dates? guys
    01-22-2016 04:14 AM
    ^ Agreed. Although there isn't much of value in here at the moment anyway, I should have prevented that discussion from getting off the ground. Sorry 'bout that.

I'm not scrapping the thread though. The first two posts are still of value. Filling in the blanks of those two posts, to the best of our ability, is the intent of this thread.
    01-22-2016 04:41 AM
    [NOTE]The first and second posts have been updated with everything I'm aware of that is worth mentioning (about one post from the last twenty pages). Let me know if you think something is missing.[/NOTE]
    Abhishek99 and Guytronic like this.
    01-22-2016 05:45 AM
    Fort those clamouring for an update real quick, have you considered the fact that the latest build is stable for about 95% of insiders but there's that 5% of users for whom it is not stable?

I believe one more build is needed to sort out the bugs such as the apps list brightening when exiting an app back to apps list, word flow and other minor bugs. Once we as insiders get this build, and we test, then will it be released to the public while we sink our teeth into the next insider build
    The story about polished smooth build has been going on for like a year or a little less. Chuck it
    Greg Wenzler likes this.
    01-22-2016 07:26 AM
    One opinion can really spoil it for the rest of us! But yes we should really stay "on topic" and just wait and see what our carriers do!
    01-22-2016 08:58 AM
    Now what I think they delay their update plan to march, better with go with Android "M" instead of windows 10 mobile.
    Only better if you like lags, crashes, and being left behind when new versions of Android are released. I'll wait a few weeks to get a superior operating system in Windows 10 Mobile.
    Schnuffi likes this.
    01-22-2016 10:08 AM
    Only better if you like lags, crashes, and being left behind when new versions of Android are released. I'll wait a few weeks to get a superior operating system in Windows 10 Mobile.
    Its not the case with android now.

Honor mobiles are getting mashmallow rolled out by April

Moto G even the first generation is getting mashmallow update and other generations have already started or preparing to get this or next month

One plus mobiles are getting update once on couple of weeks and are actually having much better roms

Lags and crashes are old androids . I agree they were lagdroids but not now

Currently even though u wont have update, in android, you still have the access to latest apps wih respect to design and functionality unlike WP where you are either left with dead 8.1 and obselete apps and 10 isn't fit to be used.

Go for android, its a different world out there, with much better MS products and even wp central app, whether u own the latest version or not.
    01-22-2016 11:13 AM
    Well if you use an unlocked phone or that Android and non-mainstream brands get left behind often for updates. Now contract phones a a little different.

EDIT: It lists windows 10 mobile requiring tpm module hardware or firmware... Is this changing things???
    Last edited by slooksterpsv; 01-22-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    01-22-2016 12:02 PM
    emjey there is also the ability with Windows 10 Mobile to run the same Universal App Platform software on both your desktop and mobile devices. That's something you'll never get with Android or iOS.
    01-22-2016 12:23 PM
    emjey there is also the ability with Windows 10 Mobile to run the same Universal App Platform software on both your desktop and mobile devices. That's something you'll never get with Android or iOS.
    Dude! I love windows, and I still argue about this platform when I interact with android users. I m just frustrated on how pathetic situation MS has actually left us.

Considering universal apps, we still have a long way to go like how we are In terms to cortana. Its not always like the picture MS gives you
    Ian_Superfly likes this.
    01-22-2016 12:32 PM
    To get around carrier-related delays (and we all know that even if Microsoft pulled the trigger today, the carriers will diddle dork around doing "compatibility testing" for the next 12 months, hoping their WP customers will give up and switch to iDroid), Microsoft should release a "Windows updater" app. The app would be similar to Windows Insider, with only a single release ring option to trigger updating to the Denim firmware if needed, followed by updating to whatever the current release build is. (IMHO, that should be .63 right now)

If upgrading from WP8.x, W10M first-time setup should strongly encourage not reloading the WP8.x-created backup. People will complain, but realistically, that will be a one-time issue over having to manually reinstall and do whatever setup the handful of apps the user wants vs. a long, drawn-out complaint-fest over issues that wouldn't exist had the WP8.x backup not been loaded.

If the app is run on W10M, the app should remove the user from the Windows Insider program and proceed as above.
    01-22-2016 12:36 PM
    Microsoft now plans to start rolling out Windows 10 Mobile in February

Microsoft has internally delayed its planned rollout of Windows 10 Mobile to current Windows Phone 8 handsets for another month, VentureBeat has learned — after shooting for a January release. News of the rescheduling was shared by email with the company’s partners. Also delayed is the second scheduled monthly service update for Lumia 950 and 950 XL devices, following a successful December deployment.

According to the email, which uses a lot of buzzy language to convey the message “not ready yet,” both the service update and legacy handset upgrade will now occur in early to mid February. Microsoft will not be rushed; the situation currently appears to be quite fluid, and this software is only going to hit devices when it’s deemed fully ready.

The one positive aspect of this development, which follows a previous missed upgrade rollout target of December, is that current Lumia owners will receive the very latest build of Windows 10 Mobile out of the gate — complete with the February service update being simultaneously pushed to the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL.

This has not been an easy period for Windows fans, with Lumia owners anxiously awaiting an upgrade that could have realistically not come until March, and new Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book owners experiencing their own frustration with issues that Microsoft has not yet publicly addressed.

Source
    01-22-2016 02:29 PM
    This is how it works for Android. This is a necessity in the Android space, because OEMs typically build their own unique version of Android for each of their devices. That's not true of WP/WM, where OEM's just get the immutable binaries, add some configuration files and throw in the firmware. This difference is what allows MS to push updates directly themselves. There was a time when MS allowed OEMs to push updates themselves, but as AFAIK that is over. At the latest with W10M MS will be pushing all updates for all OEMs directly.
    Yes, I am aware of that. However, that only affects the OS. Aren't firmware updates for WP/W10M still pushed out by the OEM? Or does Microsoft also push out firmware on the OEM's behalf? (obviously this doesn't matter for Lumia's as it's the same company).
    01-22-2016 02:44 PM
    Since Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer left Microsoft, the company is not good anymore. Microsoft is not the same like it used to be. I understand why most of the people switch to Apple. MS is going a slow death, because the incapable people. MS is running now by a bunch of amateurs.

The components and manufacturing cost of a 16GB iPhone 6 cost Apple $200.
    The device is selling for $649... in the U.S.
    That gives the device a profit margin of about 69%
    The $349 Apple Watch costs just $84 to make.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 01-22-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    01-22-2016 07:18 PM
    MS now too much busy for update of play store app.makes our update delayed.
    Any buddy know live lock screen beta ,when it get updated last time😠

Microsoft today updated their Arrow Launcher to v1.1.1 in Play Store. With this update, Arrow Launcher team has squashed 80% of the user-reported bugs and improved overall performance by 40%. It also now supports double tap screen to lock if your device supports it.
    emjey likes this.
    01-22-2016 08:50 PM
    Fed up of waiting I just opted for Insider preview and the install of W10M is about to get completed. Guys would recommend people here to opt for it as well.
    01-23-2016 12:44 AM
1,870 ... 2829303132 ...