W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
To get around carrier-related delays (and we all know that even if Microsoft pulled the trigger today, the carriers will diddle dork around doing "compatibility testing" for the next 12 months, hoping their WP customers will give up and switch to iDroid), Microsoft should release a "Windows updater" app. The app would be similar to Windows Insider, with only a single release ring option to trigger updating to the Denim firmware if needed, followed by updating to whatever the current release build is. (IMHO, that should be .63 right now)

If upgrading from WP8.x, W10M first-time setup should strongly encourage not reloading the WP8.x-created backup. People will complain, but realistically, that will be a one-time issue over having to manually reinstall and do whatever setup the handful of apps the user wants vs. a long, drawn-out complaint-fest over issues that wouldn't exist had the WP8.x backup not been loaded.

If the app is run on W10M, the app should remove the user from the Windows Insider program and proceed as above.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think win 10 will not need an updater app I think that function will be baked in.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Since Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer left Microsoft, the company is not good anymore. Microsoft is not the same like it used to be. I understand why most of the people switch to Apple. MS is going a slow death, because the incapable people. MS is running now by a bunch of amateurs.

I don't think Balmer did a good job running Microsoft, but it seems like the new guy Satya Nadella has things moving in the right direction. Microsoft's vision of having a single Universal Windows Platform for all Windows 10 devices convinced me of that.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Dear Windows Phone fans, your days with your favorite WP8 OS are very less. All the great features like clean UI, Working Live Tiles, neat fonts and core of Windows Phone will be gone when new OS W10M will be upon us with its hybrid looks and confusing menus. Only few lucky immortals (unsupported) phone would continue to exists with WP8.
So instead of worrying when W10M will be released, enjoy your final moments with your favorite WP8 :cool:
(I am trying to be Sarcastic here)

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Dear Windows Phone fans, your days with your favorite WP8 OS are very less. All the great features like clean UI, Working Live Tiles, neat fonts and core of Windows Phone will be gone when new OS W10M will be upon us. Only few lucky immortals (unsupported) phone would continue to exists with WP8.
So instead of worrying when W10M will be released, enjoy your final moments with your favorite WP8 :cool:

Lol...ha ha..

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear Windows Phone fans, your days with your favorite WP8 OS are very less. WP8 :cool:
(I am trying to be Sarcastic here)

WP 8 had everything clean and steady probably, coz it had nothing. Absolutely zero in features when 8.1 itself lacks in a lot of them.

albert730

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Since Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer left Microsoft, the company is not good anymore. Microsoft is not the same like it used to be. I understand why most of the people switch to Apple. MS is going a slow death, because the incapable people. MS is running now by a bunch of amateurs.
So you think that by mere failure of w10m Microsoft will die out. Microsoft didn't become a software giant my manufacturing phones or mobile OS. It's just their side business. Microsoft has plenty of other resources.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
MS strategy is good to release the stable version of Windows 10 mobile till the satisfaction of developer team.

Waiting for stable release is worthy for us.
KEEP WAITING

Within next year, Microsoft will be a complete package for making apps from/for another platforms.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Within next year, Microsoft will be a complete package for making apps from/for another platforms.

Within next year android and iOS would have developed leaps and bounds and our own MS apps would be way better than it would be on W10M. Competition is all about timing

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Within next year android and iOS would have developed leaps and bounds and our own MS apps would be way better than it would be on W10M. Competition is all about timing

True, but the difference is that Android(Google) and iOS(Apple) have no pathway(so far) for bringing the same apps and UI experience to both mobile and desktop like what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10. That's going to be a huge advantage for Windows 10 Phones going forward.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
WP 8 had everything clean and steady probably, coz it had nothing. Absolutely zero in features when 8.1 itself lacks in a lot of them.

Agree, but, Universal windows experience and apps are mainly here coz MS was too afraid to loose their share in the declining desktop/laptop/surface market, which was speculated long before but MS was too busy to implement any change to its strategy, and that to avoid it, they combined the windows experience and are force upgrading the users to windows 10. It is never a strategy to improve the user experience in mobile or improve its share.

Shubham26

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Not everyone is a WP enthusiasts like us. There are consumers who dont even know that W10M will be hitting their phones.
If MS releases the OS now, the consumers may encounter irritating bugs and the feedback wont be good. Hell they wont even know that hard resetting will solve many bugs.
So MS is taking some time to make the experience smooth without the need to hard reset. They cannot afford a bad feedback at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo